Notion Ink's Adam - The ultimate tablet..and a Hd media player too!

It is supposed to be $800, isn't it?... this is coming to more like 1200. Certainly doesn't look like a good deal of any sort!
"Special Note: We currently list limited products but, you can also request a product available on any US website that is not listed on our ebay store and we will list it exclusively for you!"
At MRP plus fifty percent? No thanks!

So ... where is the Adam? Doesn't seem to have any sort of general availability.

The OlivePad looks real, though!

Hi Thad E Ginathom,

Adam with the current specs beats all the tablets including Ipad and Xoom.And the landed cost of Adam wifi+LCD+3G cost 26k including customs that is a steal for the specs..The units are being delivered already, iam awaiting my unit next week.The Eden interface is good based on comments on various blogs and it is Honeycomb ready.Being a very open system, easy hacks available for access to android market.being a indian product with good specs , we should support it.

I don't deny that, although all tablets are out of my budget at the moment.

I just think that while this guy's business model remains selling a few to the few who have heard of it and know how to find his site --- it doesn't have a huge future.

I'd never have heard of Olive, except I saw it on flipkart. One one sees outlets handling a product/range, attention and interest grows. How many Apple products would there be around the world if they just sold them in preorder batches on their own site?

Just my hunch. I'll be happy if I'm wrong!

Anyway, looking forward to reading your experience :)

Isn't it dead already?? People want one launch date,bugs free firmware,no hardware issues etc.. rather than bloated spec sheets these anndroid os tablets.How many people are gonna put $500 for a startup company's product?Its the complete experience that makes ipad so great and 93% market share doesn't lie

Soulforged , Adam is available on invite only at the moment ,if you want an in invite register with notionInkhacks.com or Notionaddicts.com forums.That is how i have ordered the unit expected delivery by 10th march.Also try and send a mail to [email protected]. You may get one .At the Pre order stage the delivery is 4 weeks.But the unit, from what reviews i read from user who have recvd it already is worth the buy.Try yr luck

Hi Guys,

check out this: Notion Ink Adam

Have been following this for last 8 months. Looks very promising. And best of all, it's an Indian product :clapping:

Slated to launch worldwide around Q1 next yr.

Also, check out the blog of the founder, Rohan Shravan - incredible fan-following
Notion Ink

Its a good product but are there any real photos of the product as I see only CAD Images in their webpage.......

Adam is available on invite only at the moment...
:rolleyes: :eek:hyeah: :rolleyes: :eek:hyeah: :rolleyes:

Even Steve Jobs never thought of that much exclusivity!

It amounts to not having the capital and business skills to fill a warehouse with the things and market it properly either through retail channels or with a big-push direct sales campaign.

it seems their biz model is to get acquired rather than get into all the logistics and serve retail customer.

I have followed Notion Ink blog for over a year.. I can tell for sure that the CEO Rohan has no idea to sell off his dream company.. But again it depends on the investors too..

You may have stumbled on the root of the problem there: it is a dream company :rolleyes:

I wish they'd expand --- into the real world. That means, if I google "Notion Ink Adam" I should get a dozen retail outlets in my results, not just the company itself, and a dozen techie blogs arguing about whether it is real or not.

Notion Ink is not real ......they have just published some line diagrams no real images.....stay away from it........ seems to be unreal.........

Oh so many user reviews. Just search in web. Its real, but only limited pieces were sold. No retail availability. But its a real thing.

And how many of them made by Indians (and by that I mean, from India, not foreigners/ NRIs or Indians making frequent business trips to the US) ?

To the average middle-class Indian wanting to buy a Notion Ink Adam, this is vapourware, nothing more, nothing less. As an Indian, I'd rather support an indigenously made product BUT with the Adam not being an option, I have no choice but to look elsewhere and see what the competition has come up with.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back