Notion Ink's Adam - The ultimate tablet..and a Hd media player too!

The earliest delivery date promised is Jan 2nd week for some of those who pre-ordered.
Nevertheless, after seeing 3rd party reviews and hands-on there would definitely be a waiting period for new orders. Their PQ variant sold witin 2-3 hrs of opening the pre-order.

Don't mean to sound negative, but I would have found it far more compelling if a company had managed to come up with an inexpensive tablet with a simple e-book reader and basic net connectivity at a reasonable price point (by India's standards) such as 5k or under.

Such a product has the potential to transform our country the way cellular telephony and cable television has.

Don't mean to sound negative, but I would have found it far more compelling if a company had managed to come up with an inexpensive tablet with a simple e-book reader and basic net connectivity at a reasonable price point (by India's standards) such as 5k or under.

Agreed. But this looks like a good tablet and at the price will find many takers, if the quality's good.

Last edited:
That's not what the company is about. I would have liked to have seen something made-in-india and for-india too. This is not: this is to sell to the rest of the world, in a price bracket up there with everything else.

It's good though, to see that it does exist. Or at least that one does ;)

In the end, even if it isn't putting something nice in India hands (except the rich ones) it would still be very, very nice to see an Indian company succeeding and holding its own against the big names out there. That we will only know years, if not decades, down the line.

Well everything 'for-India' neednt be dirt cheap should it. India should not be only about Tata Nano and Micromax mobiles. We should be creating products which has global appeal as well. Notion Inks pre-orders were 60% from US and the rest from other parts of the world including India. Its a proud thing for us. Anyways if you want a basic tablet with internet capability, there will be a lot of companies coming up with basic Android tablets soon.

Well how many of us use iPhones and hi-end smartphones. Talk about hi-fi - how many of us have got the most expensive stuff in the neighborhood :) Its about what you like and are passionate about. So Notion Ink has created a tablet which everyone is directly comparing against iPad. Isnt that impressive?

Adam already had software at-par with the Honeycomb which Google has just announced.The Indian developers have worked the whole of last year to create applications and the customized Andriod OS with a lot of multi tasking and effectively using the dual core. It also has PixelQi display which will provide direct reading under sunlight with an e-reader option. A lot of patents under Indian names (like the innovative swivel camera). There is already a notion addicts community and genesis store where any developer can create apps specific for Adam. Its not a small achievement for an Indian startup. Even samsung galaxy is 36k with 7inch display and only offering the basic android functionality.

Last edited:
its great, yes the features that is! but no android market. genesis will take years to reach a level of acceptability android market has.

impressive and to be proud that guys from the neighbouring city did it what major companies were not able to do till yet..

the pre-order reports prove it.. i checked the complete thing. and nvidia tegra is something serious stuff.. these guys have really worked hard.. trailer video is amazing..

yeah.. we guys did it.. proud of it.. soon people gonna drool over indian products..

just the beginning...

and at 15k its a no brainer....

10in android tab with 3.2 autofocus swivel, wifi, gps and hdmi..

really a deal..

its great, yes the features that is! but no android market. genesis will take years to reach a level of acceptability android market has.

That's a non-issue. You can always use a side-loader to install any *.apk. Or better still, you can directly download and double-click to install - it's really as simple as that :) (as demostrated in one of the videos published by Rohan)

Nice Product but no real product photo.......be careful before pre ordering......:rolleyes:

Nice Product but no real product photo.......be careful before pre ordering......:rolleyes:

real photo.. chk the testing videos on engagdget and youtube.. lots of em..

people wont buy stuff and preorder it unless they see it for real...

testing videos on youtube with this thing blowing adroid with full speed and cranking the HD videos..

Why you ... You must be the typical man who only notices a product promo when it is accompanied by half naked semi-clad women with less than 10% of the space devoted to the actual product !! :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

What? The company's own product demos didn't even have sound --- let alone women! :lol:

(actually, I hate that sort of advertising. Don't deny that I like women, even more than gadgets, but not made up and dressed up in the lounging-across-a-car-bonnet school of marketing ;) )

I guess I am equally enthusiastic and sceptical about this company and its product. ...

Ipad is 37-39k here. Globally its retailing at 599$ approx. So the price difference is barely 150$.
also, I must say, this product, scaled down as ebook reader n net surfer @5-7k would be hit from day 1. Its right marketing move for any company to enter with flagship model. They dont need to prove themselves again by launching the higher end product later.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back