Nvidia Shield PRO 2019 or 4K Blu Ray Player

Sorry to ask what will be basic difference between Pro and the normal one?
it was on 21-22 June, if not in hurry better wait for Blackfriday sale, it generally happens on last friday of Nov.
Thanx Mandav I just checked the Amazon USA site, " Says Come back next year for Prime deal" :cool:
However, currently it is selling for 16000+, is it a fair deal or sould I wait, I'm in no hurry anyway.

1624537909824.png

Sorry to ask what will be basic difference between Pro and the normal one?

Thanx Mandav I just checked the Amazon USA site, " Says Come back next year for Prime deal" :cool:
However, currently it is selling for 16000+, is it a fair deal or sould I wait, I'm in no hurry anyway.

View attachment 58650
this is Nvidia Shield Tube version which retails for $149.99 plus taxes so its a good price with a discount of around Rs2000/-

Suggest to go with Nvidia Shield compared to other devices. It’s a no brainer if you guys get for good price as everyone anticipating and waiting.

Yeah if majority of your play back is through usb, for its price nothing comes close to shield period. I am stating this after using Sony bdp4500, sonyx700 and ps4. Gave all up and using only shield now
Just want to give my thoughts on 4k bluray players. Was using xbox one x & then later xbox series x for 4k bluray movies that i have.
Few months back bought the CA CXUHD player & the difference is there in Picture but more in Sound. Also supports Dolby Vision which the Xbox doesn't for 4k bluray playback. For me it turned to be a nice upgrade, never tried the Shield so can't compare them.

Cheers.

I recently got a nvidia shield Pro. On my 1080p projector, some of the amazon prime streamed movies had very bad black levels, and also a lot of distracting shadow artifacts with swirling greys in black backgrounds. I saw various shades of grey flickering in the background is circular patterns as the scene panned from dark to light. This was with a sony 45es projector which has decent blacks projected onto a grey screen. I then tried the same movies downloaded and used the kodi media player. It was better but not by much. Is there some adjustment that I need to make? I am getting a 4k projector soon so will see if upscaling remedies this issue. I am also wondering if this is mainly an amazon prime streaming quality issue.
Cheers,
Sid

I recently got a nvidia shield Pro. On my 1080p projector, some of the amazon prime streamed movies had very bad black levels, and also a lot of distracting shadow artifacts with swirling greys in black backgrounds. I saw various shades of grey flickering in the background is circular patterns as the scene panned from dark to light. This was with a sony 45es projector which has decent blacks projected onto a grey screen. I then tried the same movies downloaded and used the kodi media player. It was better but not by much. Is there some adjustment that I need to make? I am getting a 4k projector soon so will see if upscaling remedies this issue. I am also wondering if this is mainly an amazon prime streaming quality issue.
Cheers,
Sid
Try switching AI Upscaling off/on/ enhanced etc on shield. I am sure its due to Upscaling.

I did try different AI settings, didn't make much difference.
Cheers,
Sid
Same with Upscaling off? Strange, is it only with blacks in prime? May be you can Try different 4k sample videos on youtube and check if its only Prime video issue.

Also check if it's possible to turn off the Hdr on projector, Shield has a history of having trouble with Prime video app, which was taken care of few months back
I haven't got my projector yet, but will test it out once I get it.
Cheers,
Sid

Finally Shield I ordered during Prime Day is here,
20210705_095510-min.jpg

Guess it was not in stock, was shipped on 30th and received it today morning, came through UPS. Must say fast for shipment from US.

Loving it so far, plays Atmos tracks on Tidal through AVR and Kodi has sorted my Libraries.
One gripe, Tidal has serious sound issues on the shield, might rarely use it but need to cranck up the volume.

Cheers,
Sid

You might want to narrow down if the visible compression artifacts and bad black level appears only on Prime video or in other video services like Netflix and Youtube. I know its a tricky comparison as its unlikely to be able to view the same scene in different services. If the problem looks obvious only in Prime, then it could be related to something in your network causing non optimal video bitrates by Prime. Streaming video quality dynamically changes based on network factors and when the streaming throttles to lower bit rates due to network factors, banding and artifacts become more obvious in darker regions of the picture.

If you know the downloaded movies you tested are of high quality and the problem is not seen when the same video source is viewed from another player, then it would appear the problem is with the video output in nvida and not down the chain.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back