Nvidia Shield PRO 2019 or 4K Blu Ray Player

plex also plays files from USB through external HDD ? i havent tried ... but KODI gets some fps freeze slightly with TruHD sound formats movie with 2.65 4k ... any addons u recommend in KODI, also suggest a good addons to it ill add them >? or what is the solution to this ?
Yeah but not like kodi. You need to set up a plex media server and stream from hard disk if you want to watch in plex. There are many audio and video addons and whats is best for you is based on your usage. My case to watch movies and tv shows i use a video addon named fen.

I have tried VLC, MX and Plex in my shield. Kodi is much faster and smoother compared. Also many ad ons available in kodi which you can benefit from. Some times kodi crashes or becomes unstable and re-installing it will fix all issues. Based on my personal experience i will highly recommend kodi over others
I second this.

‘Nothing beats Kodi on Shield TV

(Using Artic Zephyr skin, audio passthrough. The decoding by Kodi is also very good)

plex also plays files from USB through external HDD ? i havent tried ... but KODI gets some fps freeze slightly with TruHD sound formats movie with 2.65 4k ... any addons u recommend in KODI, also suggest a good addons to it ill add them >? or what is the solution to this ?
Check the display rate.

I make it according to video frame rate…..adjust display rate according to frame rate. See if it helps.

Check the display rate.

I make it according to video frame rate…..adjust display rate according to frame rate. See if it helps.
as of now its set to 24fps as default ?? should i keep changing depending on video files ?? or shall i set it to be 60?

Will the Shield got from USA or from Amazon.com be subject to 110 V power supply ?

Is shield the best option available to play lossless audio over network/usb and also for Bluray movies?
Contemplating upgrading to either Bluray or Shield or any other similar device to upgrade my A/V experience.

Is shield the best option available to play lossless audio over network/usb and also for Bluray movies?
Contemplating upgrading to either Bluray or Shield or any other similar device to upgrade my A/V experience.
Yes shield plays all formats easily. Also HTPC is another option but not convenient as shield. Blu ray players won’t play DD+ and Dolby tru HD in mkv formats via usb and sadly all blu ray remux files are available only in mkv formats.

If it’s only for USB playback, getting a proper media player (like Zappiti or Oppo clone) is better than Shield TV. If you want to use it for both streaming and USB playback, then Shield TV pro is your best option.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back