Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Got my nVidia Shield TV from newegg.com for INR 15998 all inclusive including express international delivery. Ordered last friday and got it yesterday. It took just 36 hours from the time of order to reach Bengaluru airport, but then various delays took sweet little time travel within India.
Is this the one without the controller? If with controller then damn good price.

Need clarification on Prime videos in Nvidia shield. I'm having Nvidia shield, Denon AVR (X-1500H) which support 4k and Dolby atmos and Samsung 49inch tv (Not 4K ). In Prime videos App of Nvidia shield I'm not finding UHD content section in movies & Tv . Is it problem with Prime video app or because of non 4k tv that is not coming? If I play downloaded 4K movies with dolby atmos from external drive through Kodi App then there is no problem it plays video ( i think it is 1080p) with dolby atmos. Can anybody tell what is the issue?

Need clarification on Prime videos in Nvidia shield. I'm having Nvidia shield, Denon AVR (X-1500H) which support 4k and Dolby atmos and Samsung 49inch tv (Not 4K ). In Prime videos App of Nvidia shield I'm not finding UHD content section in movies & Tv . Is it problem with Prime video app or because of non 4k tv that is not coming? If I play downloaded 4K movies with dolby atmos from external drive through Kodi App then there is no problem it plays video ( i think it is 1080p) with dolby atmos. Can anybody tell what is the issue?
Since tv is not 4k so it wont search 4k content...

If 4k tv is available directly we can play apps from tv, then what is the use of streaming players for watching 4k/dolby atmos content of Video apps like netflix & prime video ?

Has anyone succesfull in loading and playing AirtelTV app on Nvidia Shield? I can't seem to find an apk that would work in the shield. How about apps for SonyLiv, Zee?

Has anyone succesfull in loading and playing AirtelTV app on Nvidia Shield? I can't seem to find an apk that would work in the shield. How about apps for SonyLiv, Zee?
No Airtel TV or Jio TV.

Rest OTT all work though only 720p especially sports.

Dear All,
There was an 7.2 update for Shield TV Last night, which said it will support Dolby Atmos for Amazon prime video & shield Tv will be the first device to support 5.1 for YouTube, and many other features, please check it out.

Dear All,
There was an 7.2 update for Shield TV Last night, which said it will support Dolby Atmos for Amazon prime video & shield Tv will be the first device to support 5.1 for YouTube, and many other features, please check it out.
just upgraded, cannot test atmos as I do not have setup for it but youtube 5.1 is nice addition.

Dear All,
I will update to night do we need to change any settings to get Dolby Atmos and YouTube 5.1 ?

Updated to 7.2 below are my observations
1. Amazon prime is not showing atoms. I have atoms setup but TV is only 1080p. Tested jackrion.
2. YouTube app not playing in 5.1 it is still showing 2.1 only.tested latest trailer

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back