Nvidia Shield Tv- Owners Thread!!

Received my Nvidia shield TV pro 2019, i have couple of questions

1) Where should i connect my Nvidia shield tv pro to for best audio and video experience ? The TV directly or my Denon x1600h avr ( the reason im asking this is i had to manually select 4k 29hz dolby vision and HDR10+ and it didnt pick it automatically )
2) How do i install tidal app for nvidia shield as it isnt showing up in indian playstore ? i can find apk for mobile but not nvidia shield.

For the first question, you should definitely connect shield to the AVR, which gets the audio passthrough from nVidia shield. For the issue you are having, I'm guessing, the content shown in shield may not have Dolby vision and HDR. Other FM's might offer better clarity on this.

On the second point, I have the same issue with Amazon music not available in Indian play store. I tried using aptoide store as suggested earlier, but the app was not shown and when I tried launching the same it failed (For now I am ok with using chromecast for the same) .

I remember seeing your VPN thread, so you can install from US store right?

Received my Nvidia shield TV pro 2019, i have couple of questions

1) Where should i connect my Nvidia shield tv pro to for best audio and video experience ? The TV directly or my Denon x1600h avr ( the reason im asking this is i had to manually select 4k 29hz dolby vision and HDR10+ and it didnt pick it automatically )
2) How do i install tidal app for nvidia shield as it isnt showing up in indian playstore ? i can find apk for mobile but not nvidia shield.
1. Connect it to your receiver. Probably, you have to select the correct colour space in display settings to get HDR and Dolby vision.

2. As @jagadeeshwarank said above, use Chromecast. Searching for music in mobile app will be much convenient.

Cheers
Siju

i tried changing the US store from device or phone to US it wont let me , im wondering where i can achieve this.
The playstore is tied to your Google account, and the default contry set in it. You can change it though, which if i remember correctly, is once a year...

The playstore is tied to your Google account, and the default contry set in it. You can change it though, which if i remember correctly, is once a year...
if i change the country on my google account wont i have issues with Indian payment methods being used like my credit card and stuff ?

1. Connect it to your receiver. Probably, you have to select the correct colour space in display settings to get HDR and Dolby vision.

2. As @jagadeeshwarank said above, use Chromecast. Searching for music in mobile app will be much convenient.

Cheers
Siju

i have connected to the receiver currently and ive manually set the display settings to 4k hdr10+ and vision.

let me try chromecast, would chromecast have any loss of music quality ?

if i change the country on my google account wont i have issues with Indian payment methods being used like my credit card and stuff ?
For making any purchase on playstore, you need a credit card/debit card of the country you have selected.
So indian card for indian account and US card for US account

i have connected to the receiver currently and ive manually set the display settings to 4k hdr10+ and vision.

let me try chromecast, would chromecast have any loss of music quality ?
For streaming content and for your setup with shield, there won't be any audible difference, as it would be finally played throught the same dac on your avr.

For making any purchase on playstore, you need a credit card/debit card of the country you have selected.
So indian card for indian account and US card for US account
So if i have an indian credit card and if i change country to US, i wont be able to use my card to pay for Youtube premium and other apps where i currently i use , so i guess best thing here would be to create a new account with american details on it sans a credit card

So if i have an indian credit card and if i change country to US, i wont be able to use my card to pay for Youtube premium and other apps where i currently i use , so i guess best thing here would be to create a new account with american details on it sans a credit card
Yes...if you have some relatives in US, you can ask for their details.

@ryanrulez4ever to get contents of US playstore, connect to VPN on your Nvidia shield. Now go to Settings ---> Apps ---> Scroll down to playstore. Clear Cache and clear data. Now open playstore. It will point to US store. Search and download the app.

After clearning the cache and data, as the VPN is connected, for a short while play store thinks that you are in the US.

You will have to follow the same trick whenever any update is available for the app which is not available in India play store.

@ryanrulez4ever to get contents of US playstore, connect to VPN on your Nvidia shield. Now go to Settings ---> Apps ---> Scroll down to playstore. Clear Cache and clear data. Now open playstore. It will point to US store. Search and download the app.

After clearning the cache and data, as the VPN is connected, for a short while play store thinks that you are in the US.

You will have to follow the same trick whenever any update is available for the app which is not available in India play store.

Hi there mate, that doesnt seem to work for me , i connected via Nord VPN, then cleared the cache first and then data and then when i tried searching tidal appeared for just 2 secs and by the time i could select it , it disappeared

Does shield support atmos in Netflix? In my tv I am able to use arc and get atmos but when I use shield it is only DD+

Does shield support atmos in Netflix? In my tv I am able to use arc and get atmos but when I use shield it is only DD+
Your shield pro? Not supporting netflix atmos ? This ver. Is Very specifically advertised as it will support atmoscl content.. i need to check mine.. will update you

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back