Ocean of music on Internet Archive

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15865

‘Internet Archive’ is a digital library with free access to tons of literature. But that’s not all. It also has millions of movies and audio files, including a lot of music recordings across decades. These extensive collections are attested by the uploaders as under public domain or Creative Commons, and hence legal to be downloaded. I’ve discovered some excellent Hindustani recordings (some even in FLAC, though most are mp3). There’s a huge amount of live show recordings by rock bands et al (for example, over 15000 recordings of the Grateful Dead live concerts). And of course lots of western classical, world music and other genres. Some links to get you started:

Audio Archive (overall):

Live Music Archive:

Audiobooks:

Old-time Radio :

Vinyl Records:

Internet Archives also has a mailing list which keeps informing you of interesting content and how to access it.

Last edited by a moderator:
‘Internet Archive’ is a digital library with free access to tons of literature. But that’s not all. It also has millions of movies and audio files, including a lot of music recordings across decades. These extensive collections are attested by the uploaders as under public domain or Creative Commons, and hence legal to be downloaded. I’ve discovered some excellent Hindustani recordings (some even in FLAC, though most are mp3). There’s a huge amount of live show recordings by rock bands et al (for example, over 15000 recordings of the Grateful Dead live concerts). And of course lots of western classical, world music and other genres. Some links to get you started:

Audio Archive (overall):

Live Music Archive:

Audiobooks:

Old-time Radio :

Vinyl Records:

Internet Archives also has a mailing list which keeps informing you of interesting content and how to access it.
I used to visit this place to download old movies !

These extensive collections are attested by the uploaders as under public domain or Creative Commons, and hence legal to be downloaded.

I wonder why YouTube alleges copyright issues and not allow these oldies to be used for testing soundbars and other audio systems. The same NCS sound now appears too boring.

Anyway Thanks @SachinChavan for this thread

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back