Offering Popcorn Hour A-110 in India

@atul - I've used Popcorn Hour (well at least seen one in action) extensively since one of my friends has it and I will definitely agree with what you're saying in terms of performance. However, one issue that many of us have is in regards to the price too. At 15K it would be out of the reach of many and at half the price WDTV is even easier to use, does practically everything that Popcorn Hour does (except networking which is not an issue to many and also a real headache to many to get to work) and ends up being a more viable/attractive option.

I for one would never go for Popcorn Hour at 15K. I've a dual core and a quad core at home and both will beat both Popcorn Hour and WDTV in terms of performance. If I have to then I would choose to invest in WDTV at around 7K.

Unless the prices come down NMTs would find it hard with WDTV and PCs for competition. Heck, I am even against CD Players because they cost so much and do so little and at their cost I could assemble a PC that will give as good or even better performance and also do a lot many things. The same applies for NMTs too. I can assemble a PC at the same cost that will do whatever the NMT does and better too and then again do a lot more things too.

No offense to you personally but that's the way I see things.

thats what its all abou nwo - i for one won't mind going for an popcorn hour/nmt if the price were in the 7-10k segment. When you include the cost oa HDD - at 15k + 5.5k (for a 1TB) = 20.5k - the price is exorbitant.

So in case anything goes wrong, we need to ship it back to you in Hyderabad? And then you will forward to Popcorn? Will you offer replacement? Or wait till you get it repaired/ replaced from Popcorn itself?

What would be the estimated turn around time?

Atul, can you please reply on this one: Procedure for claiming warranty/ replacement time involved.

Even though the high price of a NMT is a deterrent, IMHO, price of 12.5K would have been tempting.

Atul, can you please reply on this one: Procedure for claiming warranty/ replacement time involved.

Even though the high price of a NMT is a deterrent, IMHO, price of 12.5K would have been tempting.

Sorry, I missed that one. We will take care of the warranty. User need to ship it to us and we will work it out with PCH.

For us RMA is 1 month that will be same for the end user. We will try to make the turn around time better, but officially it would be one month.

-Atul

In any case, the service of popcorn hour is also really great. My second popcorn hour had a small issue with the optical output, all I had to do was send an image of the drive over email and I got a replacement in a week.

Can nutanc or atul elaborate on this?

Image of drive means picture of PCH?
Replacement means FULL "new" unit replacement?

So is it recommended to deal directly with PCH, than route through you (Atul) as this took only a week? Rather than a month?

@atul - I've used Popcorn Hour (well at least seen one in action) extensively since one of my friends has it and I will definitely agree with what you're saying in terms of performance. However, one issue that many of us have is in regards to the price too. At 15K it would be out of the reach of many and at half the price WDTV is even easier to use, does practically everything that Popcorn Hour does (except networking which is not an issue to many and also a real headache to many to get to work) and ends up being a more viable/attractive option.

I for one would never go for Popcorn Hour at 15K. I've a dual core and a quad core at home and both will beat both Popcorn Hour and WDTV in terms of performance. If I have to then I would choose to invest in WDTV at around 7K.

Unless the prices come down NMTs would find it hard with WDTV and PCs for competition. Heck, I am even against CD Players because they cost so much and do so little and at their cost I could assemble a PC that will give as good or even better performance and also do a lot many things. The same applies for NMTs too. I can assemble a PC at the same cost that will do whatever the NMT does and better too and then again do a lot more things too.

No offense to you personally but that's the way I see things.

We would have love if we were able to bring down the pricing. But we are just reselling. If we are able to rotate 500 pieces per month we can cetainly work out better pricing. Lets get started.

There has been lot of discussion around WD/PCH both have there +.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1100598

replacement should be offered locally, while the follow up with PCH should happen independently - if customer service/ satisfaction is the priority.

Can nutanc or atul elaborate on this?

Image of drive means picture of PCH?
Replacement means FULL "new" unit replacement?

So is it recommended to deal directly with PCH, than route through you (Atul) as this took only a week? Rather than a month?

Yes, Take a digital photo of the broken part and send a mail either to the resellers or directly to popcorn and they will send only the broken part. If you have a problem with the whole piece, then you need to return it back and then only they will send a replacement.

The maximum time is generally a month, but usually we can get replacements in a week or two weeks.

KEI is the new authorized reseller for popcorn hour in India. KEI is also the authorized distributor for Denon AV products, HITACHI LCDs and Plasma, Audioquest cables, Dune Media players, and Normus Media Players. We offer a one year warranty on the PCH, and spares and service set up is available to all consumers in the following cities, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore.

is Atul, the OP, a part of KEI or both are separate dealers for pop corn hour? What is the rate being offered by KEI?

Atul is not a part of KEI. Kei will be releasing prices by this Friday, with a proper bill, and a 12 month warranty. We are offering proper warranty through our service centers and not of PCH factory. We have all spares in stock from PCH. Goods have just hit Mumbai customs and will be cleared in a few days, hence prices only on Friday. I am not sure about Atul.

ok - but I hope you have read the thread regarding concerns of forum members. Many forum members like me are still sitting on the fence due to warranty issues, and stiff competition by much more powerful/ high SQ htpc that can be assembled in the same price range.

You should also consider special price for forum members as they can be the brand ambassadors - they are local experts in their friend circles.
regards

Good luck with Mumbai customs. Hope you get lowest duties, so that you can offer us the lowest prices. Otherwise WD TV will haunt you;)

Warranty will be well addressed as KEI is a distribution company of much repute, before stocks get cleared we have already recieved stocks of spare parts and training manuals for our service team, yes we can surely consider a special price for forum members, i am not sure how similar will be our price to that of other claiment dealers. But all our products are 100% warranteed and billed with the correct tax norms of India. We are not just importers but distributors as well. I do not think brands like Hitachi, Denon, Audioquest, Dune & Normus would have allowed us to represent them nationwide without some repute. We are operational in 5 countries.
I hope the above adds some comfort and confidence to your thoughts on KEI.
Even though we are not allowed to bill to end consumers directly we will work out a very special price through our dealer who will retian almost nothing JUST FOR FORUM MEMBERS.

WD is not the same product as PCH. I would put PCH and Normus on one side and WD on the other. WD is just an interface player. PCH & Normus are wholesome solutions. Where not only do they take the HDD internally, but offer much more than just playback. Normus has internet radio, wifi, LAN etc. PCH has LAN, a built in torrent, amazon stores etc...i do not think its fair to even compare them.

All that is fine & agreed. You may have seen that we've had many discussions and info shared. Most of us may know the basic differences between WD TV and NMT. So if the price difference is justified, then why not?

Atul is not a part of KEI. Kei will be releasing prices by this Friday, with a proper bill, and a 12 month warranty. We are offering proper warranty through our service centers and not of PCH factory. We have all spares in stock from PCH. Goods have just hit Mumbai customs and will be cleared in a few days, hence prices only on Friday. I am not sure about Atul.

Hi KEI,

So whats the price of popcorn hour now? No updates on this or its been discussed in another thread? By the way latest of popcorn hour C-200 also available with you.

Regards
Satya.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back