Old donkey newlash09 back as a new mare

Yelamanchili manohar

Hi all...seems like my account has been hijacked ( previous account newlash09 ). So Iam back with my original name Yelamanchili manohar . Request the mods to kindly lock and possibly delete my old account. As I suspect it could have been done for some mischief . Thanks in advance. And I will hence forth continue with this new name now sadly :(

I've have quite a few sale posts for expensive stuff to sell. Fondly hope no one buys that stuff and transfers the money to the guy impersonating as me.

@chander you seem to have sent me 2 PM's both of which Iam unable to acess as iam locked out of my account. So please PM me here if anything :)

// Pinning this post as it has come to our attention that FM newlash09's account has been hacked
// and has been used to post sale items outside the For Sale forum bypassing the moderation queue.

*** PLEASE DO NOT ENTERTAIN ANYTHING FROM THE OLD newlash09 ACCOUNT ***

Similar issue of accounts getting hijacked there on techenclave also. Guess some hackers targeting indian forums

Guys,
This forum has two-step verification/login process. Please enable it and use it. Besides your username and password, there is an additional authentication code sent to your registered email address.

Josh,

Enabling 2MFA with email address is not secure
Much better to use app authentication.

Regards

Similar issue of accounts getting hijacked there on techenclave also. Guess some hackers targeting indian forums
Avforums is also currently facing the same hacking issues with 6 user accounts being hacked since march 2021 and are urging users to change their passwords.

I would recommend everyone to change their All email/s password too.
regards.

Authy over Google Authenticator as the latter has no way to recover settings (added accounts) when you are changing your phone. Authy has this feature.
There is a way around-
a - you can keep the codes provided when you setup an account and use them for migration. As it clearly seems extremely painful try next.
b- if you have any other device lying around - android or apple, just import the accounts in that. This ensures that you have a back up of the authenticator data.
- When you switch you can just download the app and use the import function and scan the QR code on the app from your previous phone to the new one - it is that simple.
- In case you lose your current phone or it just dies for whatever reason, use the backup device and follow the same procedure.

I also encourage you to ensure that your Email IDs have two factor authentication enabled, it is of utmost importance.

I've have quite a few sale posts for expensive stuff to sell. Fondly hope no one buys that stuff and transfers the money to the guy impersonating as me.

@chander you seem to have sent me 2 PM's both of which Iam unable to acess as iam locked out of my account. So please PM me here if anything :)
This is quite scary!! For a trusting newbie to the forum, this sort of thing can be disastrous..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back