Why FM Yelamenchali Manohar aka newlash09 is a total badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have IP traces available but with vpns and cell phone networks - the ip numbers are not conclusive.
But yes if needed we can provide the table of IP Addresses from which the FM has logged in.

Good to know that we have the IP table available. VPN and other masking services make it hard to tack if not impossible. Since the transaction was done via PhonePe, it should be linked to a Ph/bank account no. That said, technically it's possible to nab that fraud. The bigger question is, does the Cycer Cell has enough manpower/motivation to pursue a case like this?

In the meantime, we should take this episode as learning adhere to the best practices to minimize this kind of incident in the future.

1. Don't set your profile id as login id (preferably email)
  2. Use complex password (12 characters and combination of No, S/C letter, and special characters)
  3. Enable 2 FA
  4. Don't transfer the whole amount immediately, take a cooling period of 24 hours
  5. Mod should force the users to change their password every 30 days

Good to know that we have the IP table available. VPN and other masking services make it hard to tack if not impossible. Since the transaction was done via PhonePe, it should be linked to a Ph/bank account no. That said, technically it's possible to nab that fraud. The bigger question is, does the Cycer Cell has enough manpower/motivation to pursue a case like this?

In the meantime, we should take this episode as learning adhere to the best practices to minimize this kind of incident in the future.

1. Don't set your profile id as login id (preferably email)
  2. Use complex password (12 characters and combination of No, S/C letter, and special characters)
  3. Enable 2 FA
  4. Don't transfer the whole amount immediately, take a cooling period of 24 hours
  5. Mod should force the users to change their password every 30 days
While we are all focusing on the identity of the Seller since it is a buyer who is getting scammed,

Dont pay money to someone whom you cannot verify, for a product you dont know he/she owns, because of a post on a wrong forum, on a deal which is too good to be true.

Sounds more simple :)

There is another esteemed forum member from Kolkatta who’s had a bad experience with Bloom@83. Bloom@83 agreed to purchase a Schitt Mani phono from this member. They agreed to a price. The member gave him the piece with all the accessories and warranty card in good faith, expecting him to pay soon. After a day or two Bloom@83 returned the piece saying it’s not working. He didn’t give back the warranty card also. According to the member the phono was working perfectly when he had handed it to Bloom@83. And now this member does not know if the unit can be repaired. He stands to lose 15000. I really don’t know what kind of a guy this Bloom@83 is. Such guys should be banned from the forum.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this up Prem, not sure if the victim member can put in a post on this ? This is now a serious issue.

The victim is Souravin. I have known him for years. And I believe him. It’s upto him now to take this up further.

Whoa! That escalated fast!

Since we're hell bent on fighting other people's battles and burning people at the stake, here's some more fodder:

Also where is the evidence that Bloom@83 has paid the money to the fraudster. He too can cook up the story. No offense to anybody, just thinking tangently.

Also where is the evidence that Bloom@83 has paid the money to the fraudster. He too can cook up the story. No offense to anybody, just thinking tangently.
I asked two times to share the no. and name. So that atleast other forum members take precaution if someone contacts them with same name and no.
Regards.
Whoa! That escalated fast!

Since we're hell bent on fighting other people's battles and burning people at the stake, here's some more fodder:

In that thread in post # 46 I advised him following

Just 5 minutes of deligence saves trouble. Next time be precise and careful.

But he ignored it and deposited money at 6 AM in the morning.

Last edited:
Wow. Thatz a great story taking a great U turn towards a blooming beginning....blooms unfolding

Kudos to mods to unlock this thread. Bloom@83 would never have thought the thread would go against him but suddenly it seems everyone is targeting him. I don't think he cooked up stories but its perfect time to return the money and put everything at rest.

Dear Friends,

In the interest and harmony of forum and our long association, I'd like to state what happened to me last year.

I came across this thread very recently and got to know what happened to Mr. Manohar. I’m surprised to see Bloom’s act, not new to me though. Last year he agreed to take my Schiit Mani phono pre which was almost brand new and in full working condition. I gave him without taking any advance and with box and all accessories Including warranty card.

Next morning he came home and mentioned it’s not working, dumped on me on a plastic packet, citing he had put the box and warranty card to garbage. He almost ran away and just on a good gesture, I kept silent. Now I’m almost struggling to repair it. Not sure whether I’d see this working again. Even without warranty card, I cannot send it back to HeadPhone Zone.

I believe it's completely buyer’s responsibility to check the veracity of the post. Any prudent man wouldn’t have transferred over phone pay without any check.

I have no intention to malign anyone but I have almost lost Rs 15,000 which is price of Schiit Mani phono. Even the gesture to Krell happened very recently is completely unpardonable.

This shouldn't be continued.

Thanks,
Sourav

I did deal with @Bloom@83 during Diwali last year and he came out as a logical and responsible person, with no issues whatsoever. The fact that he was Responsible enough to share the Great Altruistic behavior of @Yelamanchili manohar in a separate thread does indeed make him a Responsible individual. Many of the people will keep quiet after taking the money. I don't have any doubts about the authenticity of @Bloom@83.

However, having said that, I expect @Bloom@83 to Refund the Full amount to @Yelamanchili manohar at the earliest, irrespective of the outcome of his cyber crime complaint. Its more a matter of reciprocation in good faith than going into a never ending discussion of who's responsible for what extent of damages. I am quite confident that he will act accordingly.

Dear Friends,

In the interest and harmony of forum and our long association, I'd like to state what happened to me last year.

I came across this thread very recently and got to know what happened to Mr. Manohar. I’m surprised to see Bloom’s act, not new to me though. Last year he agreed to take my Schiit Mani phono pre which was almost brand new and in full working condition. I gave him without taking any advance and with box and all accessories Including warranty card.

Next morning he came home and mentioned it’s not working, dumped on me on a plastic packet, citing he had put the box and warranty card to garbage. He almost ran away and just on a good gesture, I kept silent. Now I’m almost struggling to repair it. Not sure whether I’d see this working again. Even without warranty card, I cannot send it back to HeadPhone Zone.

I believe it's completely buyer’s responsibility to check the veracity of the post. Any prudent man wouldn’t have transferred over phone pay without any check.

I have no intention to malign anyone but I have almost lost Rs 15,000 which is price of Schiit Mani phono. Even the gesture to Krell happened very recently is completely unpardonable.

This shouldn't be continued.

Thanks,
Sourav
Good this is brought up.

@souravin : You forgot to mention that along with the Mani you had also highly recommended a DIY LPSU which I originally had no intention to buy.
Now - this is something that I came to know of much later - LPSUs are meant only for switching DC wall warts , whereas Mani uses an AC transformer. Therefore that LPSU ( or whatever that was ) was never meant to be plugged with Mani in the first place. I verified this fact with the same Kolkata FM that you very well know.

The moment that Mani was plugged into your DIY thing - there was a loud pop on my speakers and there was no sound whatsoever.
I’m thankful that my speakers didn’t get damaged. How am I to blame for this fiasco ?

As regards the box with its contents - because of COVID panic it was disposed without my knowledge very early next morning.

For Krell’s post I had clarified my position in that very thread. Wont bother furthur.

NB : I’m using Sachin’s CNC Phono since the last 7-8 months without any issues whatsoever.
@sachu888 can testify how I have dealt with finances with him.

I have bought CD Players , portable DACs , BT Streamers from other FMs in the past and no one had a single issue with me.

Last edited:
Good this is brought up.

@souravin : You forgot to mention that along with the Mani you had also highly recommended a DIY LPSU which I originally had no intention to buy.
Now - this is something that I came to know of much later - LPSUs are meant only for switching DC wall warts , whereas Mani uses an AC transformer. Therefore that LPSU ( or whatever that was ) was never meant to be plugged with Mani in the first place. I verified this fact with the same Kolkata FM that you very well know.

The moment that Mani was plugged into your DIY thing - there was a loud pop on my speakers and there was no sound whatsoever.
I’m thankful that my speakers didn’t get damaged. How am I to blame for this fiasco ?

As regards the box with its contents - because of COVID panic it was disposed without my knowledge very early next morning.

For Krell’s post I had clarified my position in that very thread. Wont bother furthur.

NB : I’m using Sachin’s CNC Phono since the last 7-8 months without any issues whatsoever.
@sachu888 can testify how I have dealt with finances with him.

I have bought CD Players , portable DACs , BT Streamers from other FMs in the past and no one had a single issue with me.

Dear Bloom@83,

I have mentioned the word accessories. That LPSU made by an eminent engineer from Kolkata, was there since the beginning to power my Schiit Multibit and Schiit Mani. Never been an issue. Still it is used with my Schiit Multibit with no problem.

This LPSU was made to replace weak wall wart and being used by two more audio enthusiasts in Kolkata (not a forum member) with no problem till date.

Also being a budget veteran audio enthusiast since a long and as most of my stuff are DIY , I am completely aware of what I'm doing and using.

Thanks,
Sourav

Dear Bloom@83,

I have mentioned the word accessories. That LPSU made by an eminent engineer from Kolkata, was there since the beginning to power my Schiit Multibit and Schiit Mani. Never been an issue. Still it is used with my Schiit Multibit with no problem.

This LPSU was made to replace weak wall wart and being used by two more audio enthusiasts in Kolkata (not a forum member) with no problem till date.

Also being a budget veteran audio enthusiast since a long and as most of my stuff are DIY , I am completely aware of what I'm doing and using.

Thanks,
Sourav

I own a schiit mani, it accepts 16v ac input. I will never put a dc input in it. Doesnt make sense at all.

Of course you can use a LPS with Schitt Mani. It obviously has to be to the voltage specifications of the Mani. Swagman Labs in HK makes one. Use of LPS would improve the sound of the phono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back