Why FM Yelamenchali Manohar aka newlash09 is a total badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yelamanchili manohar : You refunded the full amount eventhough you are not accountable. This is truly a great gesture. I feel previleged to have you as a fellow FM. May your Good deeds resonate to everyone in this Forum.

@Bloom@83 : Most of the FMs would've fell for this scam given that if a message comes from Well-Known member like Newlash09 account. I hope you will get the actual lost money from Phonepe.

To secure my account from this Hackers, now I have enabled Two-Step verification in HFV forum and I request everyone to do the same.

I am just overwhelmed having seen good gestures from FM Yelamanchili and Bloom@83. Kudos to Yelamanchili for his honesty and as regards Bloom@83 aka Amitava, I know him as a very honest guy with a golden heart. I am quite sure that Mr Manohar will get his money back once Amitava gets the refund from the end of phone pe. Long live HFV and may the people like Amitava and Manohar stay safe.
Regards

What man is a man who does not make the world better ? :)
Hi @ssf, Money cannot make the world better. A concern of words that will give hope will make much better.. One man gain is other man loss, how come the the world will be better. :) :)

May be if i have not made the reply to your post, things will be better..:p:p

There , now I’ve got your attention - let me share my nerve shattering experience today.

As many of you are aware , our very well known member newlash09’s HFV account got hacked. Before I was aware of this fact , early morning today (around 5AM IST ) I saw a tempting sale post of a shiny pair of Quad S2 by newlash09 at asking price of 26K, with all the usual picture cards and all.

Within seconds I DM-ed newlash09, asked him to block it , and within 10 minutes , without any kind of phone conversation (it was too early for that anyway ) or any furthur questions or clarifications - I had swiftly transferred 26k to the number newlash09 provided on PhonePe, overjoyed with myself for such a cracking bargain start of the day. This is the kind of implicit trust I have for well known reputed members on HFV.

Now here comes the nerve wracking part.
After the amount got debited, suddenly newlash09’s profile was unavailable, so was the sell post. I was stupefied. Tried DM after DM , no response. Tried the phone number , obviously nobody picked up. This was around 6AM.

Panicking , yet keeping a cool head , I messaged moderator arj, and who added all the other mods , and I was told that the real newlash09 has just informed them that his account was hacked !

Almost four hours of constant conversation ensued with moderators @Nikhil and @arj and supermoderator @HiFiVision. I filed a cybercrime complaint online as well as logged ticket with PhonePe - till now it’s not acknowledged.

End of the day - original newlash09 responded to my private message , and to my greatest relief and immense gratitude, refunded me the entire amount back. He need not have done it. He absolutely could have blamed me for this. But he didn’t because that’s the kind of guy he is. And that’s the kind of people that makes this forum so good.

My faith in HFV is reinstated , let me just reiterate that although faith and trust on HFV members is justified , yet security breaches by hackers is making buying and selling very unsafe not just on this forum but on other forums as well (as I was informed by mods).
Request everybody - specially regular FMs to change their passwords and follow the new guideline and policies stringently.

Lastly - I’m waiting for the day when I can really buy the Quad S2.

Thanks Manohar -aka newlash09 once again.
In childhood days, I remember the math question which was impossible to solve overnight used to be solved next day morning. For which I used to try all such difficult questions in morning only.
And in this episode I find our FM @Bloom@83 has committed mistake in early morning from which I can conclude that he might have committed more serious mistakes.
Many many thanks to @Yelamanchili manohar for his generous attitude which has cooled off the whole episode and all members which is more important than money what I feel. All of us should learn here : An excellent case study which is yet to complete though.
Pls keep posting the updates.

Has phonepe responded yet? What i’ve seen for most online payment portals abroad is that if you report a fraud, they look into it and block the number immediately. However, considering its a Flipkart company, i dont have high hopes. You can try email them a copy of the FIR and ask them to block the account before someone else gets defrauded. Also, in india, you need kyc for all ewallets transacting above 10k (though we know how easily it can be circumvented) so perhaps there’s a ray of hope.

Within seconds I DM-ed newlash09, asked him to block it , and within 10 minutes , without any kind of phone conversation (it was too early for that anyway ) or any furthur questions or clarifications - I had swiftly transferred 26k to the number newlash09 provided on PhonePe, overjoyed with myself for such a cracking bargain start of the day. This is the kind of implicit trust I have for well known reputed members on HFV.
In another thread I recommended to renew email password too, because mobile phone payments are connected with emails.
Would it be good idea to share phone no. and name to which you transfered the amount ?

Manohar you are kind and good human being.
regards.

I had an opportunity of making a pair of TL speakers for Newlash last year and have always found him transferring money to my account even without my asking. Later I had to warn him not do so else I myself would loose track of what money I received and what I owe to him. Even after my warning there will be some occasions transfer and I had to tell him to stop forcefully. That made me quicken my delivery and I shipped the speakers to him just before the lockdown began.

Currently i am stuck with my passive pre-amplifier project which i had to deliver to one of our FM since past 5 months. I have been stuck due to availability of time and also mainly because of availability of carpenter / polish guys to complete the chassis of this pre-amplifier. Due to repeated lockdowns this project is stuck now for almost 5 months and i am not able to deliver to the FM. I had taken an advance amount from him but had told him that this will take time due to the constraints i am facing. Thankfully the FM is ok to wait and i am still exploring ways to complete the delivery. FMs are indeed very great people and understand other FMs genuine problems and try maximum to adjust to the reality. Kudos to that.

I have had occasion to interact with Mr. Manohar and came across as a true gentleman.

He was buying some a vinyl set from me and I realised that he had transferred more than the amount due. He was traveling abroad at that time. When I informed him abot this he told me to keep that amount and we would adjust in the future. He has never even once broached the topic again. It is not a big amount but I remember it and I will make sure that he gets something for it.

He has shown the quality of a gentleman once again here too. I have no words to express my admiration except a salute.

My personal opinion is that this gentlemanly gesture of his deserves a reciprocal gentlemanly gesture from the other end too.

Update: PhonePe has blocked receiver’s account but they won’t take furthur action unless they receive email from Cybercrime.gov.in

To that effect : Cybercrime case is already logged against fraudster with all details to my knowledge. Posting screenshot with acknowledgment number. I’m tracking this DF4E2E41-2498-43F2-8F71-F26F987C63C3.jpeg92E4D43B-40A9-4D85-BCCF-AEAFBBA56AFF.jpeg

Last edited:
I am just wondering if Moderators can check with their Hosting partner and grab the IP address of that fraudulent user. Once we have the IP address, there is a possibility to nab him down. Upon producing the FIR copy, ISP provides the physical address of the person, that IP was assigned at that point in time.

Update: PhonePe has blocked receiver’s account but they won’t take furthur action unless they receive email from Cybercrime.gov.in

To that effect : Cybercrime case is already logged against fraudster with all details to my knowledge. Posting screenshot with acknowledgment number. I’m tracking this View attachment 56620View attachment 56621
I am not sure how much this will be fruitful. You better visit the nearest Cyber cell in your town/city and get an complained registered (they have a specific format). Only then they will start investigating this issue.

PS:- Be cautious when you share any screenshot, here we can see your email address, this kind of PII increases the attack vector.

I am just wondering if Moderators can check with their Hosting partner and grab the IP address of that fraudulent user. Once we have the IP address, there is a possibility to nab him down. Upon producing the FIR copy, ISP provides the physical address of the person, that IP was assigned at that point in time.

We do have IP traces available but with vpns and cell phone networks - the ip numbers are not conclusive.
But yes if needed we can provide the table of IP Addresses from which the FM has logged in.

If I may add my 2 cents to the above. As convenient or quick these payment apps might be. I still only indulge in old school netbanking. I don't know much about how these things work, but I feel it is safer and less prone to scams :)
Hi Manu,

Words can't express what you did. I salute you for your gesture. God bless you!!!
Let me quote your message without your permission since you followed the smart approach and are being too modest :D
I am not a cyber expert but what I understand every picture can have Geotag which can allow us to know location. Is it possible to make it mandatory in case someone want to sell in this forum? Attaching one pic file without location details but it can be enabled.

Bhupendra

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210429-080942_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210429-080942_Gallery.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
I am APPALLED at the turn of events.... at more than 1 level.

1. Appalled that an account was hacked and money stolen by a FM who acted in haste.

2. Appalled that Bloom@83 Accepted reimbursement from @Yelamanchili manohar for what was clearly no fault of manohar.

3. The standout for me is that @Yelamanchili manohar is such as OUTSTANDING person.... But in my books he has been taken advantage of, by taking payment from him.

I appreciate that everyone will have their own take on this... Just felt compelled to ventilate my take.

P.S: I have activated the 2 Level security, and maybe the forum should make it Mandatory for anyone posting a 'For Sale" post ?

3. The standout for me is that @Yelamanchili manohar is such as OUTSTANDING person....
I dont know manohar, but what is being said about him he is great guy and good human being. I am little uncomfortable about thread title. I know probably bloom@83 is nice person too and this is modern language and what bloom@83 means is in very very good appreciative manner. but still.

Hope all things sorts out soon about the issue at hand and we all are friends and more close knit group than before. :)
Regards.

As far as I know foreign bank accounts are not allowed on mobiles. So the fraudster may very well be in india and can easily be located by bank account. If one pursues one can find the person as banks have strict requirements to open account. Share the no and name and details so other members are alerted.

I am not a cyber expert but what I understand every picture can have Geotag which can allow us to know location. Is it possible to make it mandatory in case someone want to sell in this forum?
Try as best as anyone can but frauds will happen. Because people dont take heed. Nothing new. long back an incident was shared in forum about how a fraudster visited another forum member to hear his gear. His and his girlfriend's drinks were spiked and when fell unconscious both were looted off money. Few years back there was amplifier sale where purchaser paid small amount, delivered the buyer refused to give balance money. Forum is nice, Members are nice. What about own's responsibility ? Are audiophiles naive who can not resist lucrative deal ? Why simple rules are not followed ? Do not share Full real name, email, mobile no., Personal Pictures, Occupation details, family pictures online. This was alerted long back. (link). Ample rules are inplace in forum. More than enough warnings are given. still...

carelessness is making it hard for forum and moderators. Do members believe that mods are watching each and every post in forum 24/7. Simple deligence and patience by oneself would have saved so much trouble.

Please take in right spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can’t believe Bloom@83 took money from Manohar. It was no way Manohars fault. At least he should have gone 50:50.
I would Appeal to Bloom@83 to Return the money he took from @Yelamanchili manohar

It would be the decent thing to do...... (IMHO)

There are already SEVERAL Posts from other forum members too, calling on Bloom@83 to return the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back