Why FM Yelamenchali Manohar aka newlash09 is a total badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know manohar, but what is being said about him he is great guy and good human being. I am little uncomfortable about thread title. I know probably bloom@83 is nice person too and this is modern language and what bloom@83 means is in very very good appreciative manner. but still.

Hope all things sorts out soon about the issue at hand and we all are friends and more close knit group than before. :)
Regards.

I am very uncomfortable with the title.. "Badass"... Does that a vulgar slang word to be used in forum... How come moderators can allow this... Next time if i am addressing some members as Badass, hope they will not mind...:p:p We need more badass like him in this forum like some of they guys i can name it who has not paid me money here partly, fully or shipping charges which was promised to pay on arrival..

What a badass he is """""" Just read the below"""

End of the day - original newlash09 responded to my private message , and to my greatest relief and immense gratitude, refunded me the entire amount back. He need not have done it. He absolutely could have blamed me for this. But he didn’t because that’s the kind of guy he is. And that’s the kind of people that makes this forum so good.

:p :p

Depends on which generation you are...old people like me might be skeptical but the younger crowd would say it means awesome :D
I am in middle of both.. Cannot be called younger or older generation... Pretty well can be called as "Confused middle generation" where i belong to.. nearing 50 so...

As far as I know foreign bank accounts are not allowed on mobiles. So the fraudster may very well be in india and can easily be located by bank account. If one pursues one can find the person as banks have strict requirements to open account. Share the no and name and details so other members are alerted.

Try as best as anyone can but frauds will happen. Because people dont take heed. Nothing new. long back an incident was shared in forum about how a fraudster visited another forum member to hear his gear. His and his girlfriend's drinks were spiked and when fell unconscious both were looted off money. Few years back there was amplifier sale where purchaser paid small amount, delivered the buyer refused to give balance money. Forum is nice, Members are nice. What about own's responsibility ? Are audiophiles naive who can not resist lucrative deal ? Why simple rules are not followed ? Do not share Full real name, email, mobile no., Personal Pictures, Occupation details, family pictures online. This was alerted long back. (link). Ample rules are inplace in forum. More than enough warnings are given. still...

carelessness is making it hard for forum and moderators. Do members believe that mods are watching each and every post in forum 24/7. Simple deligence and patience by oneself would have saved so much trouble.

Please take in right spirit.
There Was a iphone 6s scam on Olx 8 (approx) years ago, one of my friend lost money to the tune of 10k (for Customs Clearance) with expectations of USA model being delivered to home via COD. We Put in a Cyber Crime Complaint, the investigation went on for months and the cyber crime division were able to locate the culprits somewhere in the Delhi /Haryana border, A Nigerian hackers gang apparently, but they were not able to nab the culprits or recover the amount.
@Yelamanchili manohar is it possible to transfer a part of the amount to my friend, (though I didn't know you 8yrs ago but still) because the hacker mentioned that his name was Manohar ;)?

@srinisundar your concern is quite genuine ; people usually applaud something they lack or they can't achieve. Like, Great Acting, Singing or Instrument performances. Similarly this kind of empathetic and altruistic behavior when one is not responsible for the damages is quite unique and needs appreciation. And truly most of us would have acted in a different way (an apparently practical way) that's why we're applauding Manohar for his Noble Gesture. Anyways Most of Hyderabad FMs knew about his altruistic behavior and after this incident its not a secret anymore.

50:50 sounds fair to me.

To set a weak password and let the account vulnerable to hacking also is a fault in a way. I am not saying weak password was the reason but it could have been. A retrospective analysis of what could have gone wrong may help. Like did the member click on any phishing link or logged into a public system etc

But kudos to @Yelamanchili manohar for his heartwarming gesture.

Cybercrime dept is usually supportive. Hope OP gets the money back.

And I believe this incidence will prompt the members to secure their account (not only HFV but all sensitive accounts). I have myself enabled 2FA.

Actually here in the online world everybody is known by their moniker and the trust quotient or their popularity is directly linked to it. Further as the sale post orginated from his handle he felt obligated to pay it back as he thinks thats how gentlemen handle it. Brings some semblance of hope that all may turn out to be better in the coming days and may his tribe increase.
This has to be the learning a Monikor does not mean its the same person hence the trust is misplaced unless you verify and this is what phone scammers also do ie pretend to be someone else and hence Rule 2 of the For sale by Owner.
< hope you folks read the rules.. hence the shameless plug here ;) >

Nothing personal ,but If I was in situation, I would have politely denied the money since it was my fault. Why should I accept from a person who is not responsible for it? I even won't pay if someone has got cheated with my name or account. I would have just waited till investigations are completed and l get my own money back.

Its nice gesture from Manohar though.
Regards.
I still can’t believe Bloom@83 took money from Manohar. It was no way Manohars fault. At least he should have gone 50:50.

Check how much time it takes to crack your password

This has to be the learning a Monikor does not mean its the same person hence the trust is misplaced unless you verify and this is what phone scammers also do ie pretend to be someone else and hence Rule 2 of the For sale by Owner.
just felt to highlight that this is how the thought process is in real gentlemen of yore. :)

Check how much time it takes to crack your password
ill be very worried putting my password in any online site, irrespective of what they say...this might be a way someone is capturing all passwords used to hack !

Better to follow best practice rules ie Alphabets big and small, nos and special characters..and the longer the better,.

My 2 paisa worth: I don't see how Manohar is in anyway responsible for this. If his credit card information were stolen and used to the tune of the same amount, would he be liable for that part of the bill? Regardless of whether his pin were strong or not. In effect, that's what happened. Except the money didn't come from the credit card company, it came from a person. In both cases, the beneficiary was the hacker. In either case, the owner (of the account here or the card) is entirely blameless for the transaction.

As for Bloom's actions, based on what has been disclosed (and that may/may not be everything), all I can say is I wouldn't accept the money if Manohar sent it to me in this situation. He opened himself up to comments from forum members by disclosing what happened. HST, calls from certain members asking him to return the money is a bridge too far, IMO. That is strictly between him and Manohar. YMMV.

ill be very worried putting my password in any online site...this might be a way someone is capturing all passwords used to hack !

You can use it offline too after disconnecting internet. It says nothing is transferred to server. I feel its ok but really we dont have to use real password. We can try fake passwords to get the idea. I think idea is to educate people to password strength. A long simple password is better than short complex password, thats true as all password cracking use bruteforce techniques and longer the password difficulty to crack increases. These days many organisations are asking employees to have 15 character passwords.

Reactions: arj
We Put in a Cyber Crime Complaint, the investigation went on for months and the cyber crime division were able to locate the culprits somewhere in the Delhi /Haryana border,
Yes. As I said since Banks have strict norms who can open accounts and mobile payments use bank accounts with verification I think if followed up the culprits can be found.
Regards.
ill be very worried putting my password in any online site, irrespective of what they say...this might be a way someone is capturing all passwords used to hack !

Better to follow best practice rules ie Alphabets big and small, nos and special characters..and the longer the better,.
Passwords should be changed periodically too. That also helps. Online sites are alwasy vulnerable and doesn't bring confidence in me atleast.
Fraudsters always find new ways. There was newspaper article few years back about fraudsters getting disposed xerox papers from xerox shops about pan card and adhar card and using them for loans or such purposes. So one always has to be on alert.
Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can typing the password in a virtual keyboard format help in any way to prevent hacking passwords ? Just a suggestion from a user's point of view.

If I were the OP, I wouldn’t have taken the money. But since that is done…I don’t think the rest of us should bother about OP keeping it or refunding IMO. It’s between Mano and OP.

Moral of the story…
1. Don’t be lazy and setup weak passwords. 2. Going forward setup 2FA.
3. Anything too good to be true on the internet is fake (though can’t fully blame OP in this case)

Last edited:
Can typing the password in a virtual keyboard format help in any way to prevent hacking passwords ? Just a suggestion from a user's point of view.
That'd mostly help when keyloggers are installed, phishing links will get your password either way though.
We all need to keep this in our minds always: If a deal is too good to be true, it most likely will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back