'Old is Gold'- B&W DM 4

I've got a response back from the seller, Copy pasting it for further discussion.

hi, very strange, as i tested them before i packed them.
please let me know what refund you will be happy with.
kind regards,
That is nice of him to have offered a refund.

Typical brit - parliamentary answer! :rolleyes:

IMO, GBP 30 (50%) to be fair!

I would have thought 10 to 15 GBP was fair considering, we don't have to ship anything back to him, so we save on shipping etc. Also, we may want to allow some benefit of doubt for him.

Just my two paisa though, What are your thoughts audio_engr, helium_flight, teky, others?

am assuming if it was working he'd want the defective one back to check it out? if not he's a nice trusting guy or he knew the piece was defective then again perhaps it got damaged in transit...

That is nice of him to have offered a refund.

I would have thought 10 to 15 GBP was fair considering, we don't have to ship anything back to him, so we save on shipping etc. Also, we may want to allow some benefit of doubt for him.

Just my two paisa though, What are your thoughts audio_engr, helium_flight, teky, others?

Audio engr
Stevie boy
Santhol2
Teky

Thanks for providing valuable suggestions on refunds. I have to admit the ebayer has strong credibility to his reputation as he has agreed to give a refund. So if Im understanding correctly since I dont have to ship the defective super tweeter to UK then 15 pounds seems to be a reasonable price.

am assuming if it was working he'd want the defective one back to check it out? if not he's a nice trusting guy or he knew the piece was defective then again perhaps it got damaged in transit...

Both the super tweeters were well packed with bubble paper in an enclosure over another. It would be hard to assume there would be no continuity because of transit issues.

Audio engr
Stevie boy
Santhol2
Teky

Thanks for providing valuable suggestions on refunds. I have to admit the ebayer has strong credibility to his reputation as he has agreed to give a refund. So if Im understanding correctly since I dont have to ship the defective super tweeter to UK then 15 pounds seems to be a reasonable price.

Heliumflight

I've e-mailed the seller with this amount, I'll update you as soon as I receive any response.

I have some B & W DM/4 speakers and a very old B & O Tuner (Beomaster 2000-2)which have not been used for years. I am trying to set them up again but not sure how I know which is left and which is right on the speakers. One has G on the back and the other looks like C. Would you know which is which please?

I have some B & W DM/4 speakers and a very old B & O Tuner (Beomaster 2000-2)which have not been used for years. I am trying to set them up again but not sure how I know which is left and which is right on the speakers. One has G on the back and the other looks like C. Would you know which is which please?

My speakers don't have any G and C marking. It takes in DIN connectors. You can play them anyway.

B&W speakers are serial number matched out of the factory. If you can read the serial numbers, then the speaker with the odd number will be the left speaker and the one with the even number the right.

Edit : Apologies .. looks like the serial number matching started in the early 80s, after the DM4 s were in production. So this post is valid only for speakers after that.

Last edited:
My speakers don't have any G and C marking. It takes in DIN connectors. You can play them anyway.
I know this is an old post, but
Are you still using these speakers?
I bought a pair a few years ago and then had to put them away.
A few months ago I finally got them out and was surprised how good they are.
My main speakers are B&W DM70's

Ian

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back