Oled eye strain

This worked.

Glad it worked. Don’t be overthinking this. Just enjoy cause if you keep thinking about this your mind may deceive you. Since you say that watching two movies from 7 feet didn’t cause you any strain the distance must have been the issue.

I think this worked. Today sat around 7 feet distance. Watched 2 movies back to back with no strain. Let me try this out for a few more days to confirm!!
Decreasing the distance cannot reduce the strain unless you have short sightedness because eyes have to work harder when we are closer to the screen. May be it is something else that is reducing the strain for you.

Decreasing the distance cannot reduce the strain unless you have short sightedness because eyes have to work harder when we are closer to the screen. May be it is something else that is reducing the strain for you.

Except that it can. Bright element, i.e. TV screen. Sit far from it, and it's covers a small portion of your vision, and your eye needs to view this small, bright screen and things moving on it, while most of the area in the vision is dark. Move closer, and the screen covers more of your vision, making it easier for the eye to settle its dilation level.

Funny that you're gaslighting the OP. His problem pointed to screen brightness being an issue, but he wasn't using it at high brightness for SDR. It was still an issue because turning on dim lighting elevated the issue, which led me to guess he was sitting too far, and I was correct.

He did move closer. Problem elevated again.
Yet you insist it's not possible.

Yes i have. For that i use spects. Sitting 11 feet far with spects was causing problem but 8feet seems to be fine. And in both cases i can see fine. I think it is because of what marakk said earlier. By sitting closer the periphery of the eyes are completely seeing the screen but sitting far off is bringing surroundings in view which has a lower brightness than the screen. Thus this may be causing my eyes to work more to adjust the pupil according to the varied light conditions. May be i am wrong. Have to do it for a few more days to be sure.

@Marakk @Love4sound this is to confirm that your suggestions worked. I had become frustrated and was thinking why did i even spend so much for a thing which i cannot see in all its glory. But my viewing experience has now changed after your suggestions. Thanks a lot guys!! Cheers!!! :) :)

@Marakk @Love4sound this is to confirm that your suggestions worked. I had become frustrated and was thinking why did i even spend so much for a thing which i cannot see in all its glory. But my viewing experience has now changed after your suggestions. Thanks a lot guys!! Cheers!!! :) :)
Glad to know. Enjoy. Even for me it took time to get it to the right settings. Once I got them I am totally in love with my c9

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back