OLED uniformity thread

Mina has remained mostly the same barring some minor improvements after 500 hours. Panel variances can be large. Many on Reddit improved after pixel refresh. Mine didn't. It is getting replaced tomorrow or day after by latest.

Okay. Hope it's a better one.

Suggestion is not to force Pixel Refresher. It may, in fact, affect the life span or quality of the panel if run unwanted or frequently. You may even notice worse uniformity or banding immediately after Pixel Refresher. It is a complicated world we live in :)

Okay. Hope it's a better one.

Suggestion is not to force Pixel Refresher. It may, in fact, affect the life span or quality of the panel if run unwanted or frequently. You may even notice worse uniformity or banding immediately after Pixel Refresher. It is a complicated world we live in :)

Rtings have used it once every week in their test without any deterioration for...9,000 hours. LG themselves have said multiple times that it won't hurt. They ask people to run it 4-5 times in a row at times too. Lol

That's for the tatatsky logo. The one you showed, that will be fine for like a really long time. 15-20 years even. I doubt your TV would even be alive by then. The white subpixel lasts the longest anyway. The other subpixels are actually white pixels with color filters. So I guess there's some loss in luminance which means they are pushed harder.
Ok cool so nothing to worry. One more doubt what is the logo luminance adjustment that’s is in the oled settings? Should it be off, high or low ?

Ok cool so nothing to worry. One more doubt what is the logo luminance adjustment that’s is in the oled settings? Should it be off, high or low ?

Low. High can cause some fluctuations. Although, if there is some element that you fear will be on screen for a long time, you can have it in high. Like while watching cricket matches or football.

Tamil movies that I download have the site logo in the entire movie as showin. It’s transparent and light coloured. Is it safe from burn in?
As per HDTVTest Vincent OLED Burn in test report, varied contents for every 4 hours will not cause burn in. For example 4 hours the same content with logo then next 4 hours some other content with other logo, and so on......

But we don't forget to allow the TV to run compensation cycle every 4 hours.

Last edited:
WoW great uniformity like Panasonic GZ2000, is this using the picture settings mentioned in first post?

Ye. Closer to those settings. It's close to as good as it can get, I suppose.

I just wish LG OLEDs had better anti-reflection and bit more sharper picture.

Put in technicolor expert mode, reduce green bias (if your TV exhibits) and all set to watch stunning movies :)

Yours does seem to have multiple bands that should be visible like mine. Mine was just a single one right in the center; yours has multiple ones, but not in the center. Shortlist content that will really highlight these bands. Check the Beasts of No Nation from 20 minutes or so. When they hide inside the house for a minute, the band in the center was showing on the characters faces quite some. Not sure if your bands will show, but do test.
Saw that 1 minute scene where people hide in the room, no banding was visible. Don't know why but till now i have noticed banding only in HDR content and not SDR content.

Saw that 1 minute scene where people hide in the room, no banding was visible. Don't know why but till now i have noticed banding only in HDR content and not SDR content.

Ah! See that's why I didn't want to add more scenes in that list. People need to find their own bad examples to show to LG. Honesty can work better. I have noticed it both in HDR and SDR. Just might be a coincidence. You haven't yet come across content in SDR with dark uniform greys combined with panning in areas where the problem exists in your panel. Replacement happening tomorrow for sure. Will update in evening.

Panel replaced, and it's not really an upgrade. More of a sidegrade. Instead of one line in the center surrounded by dark patches, this one has multiple streaks on the side. Under observation now. I'll run it for like the entire day and do a pixel refresh tomorrow. See if it improves. Otherwise back to talking to LG. It's clearly a panel lottery even with replacements then. No point going for it if you have even an average one. Will attach photos later when it gets dark.

Panel replaced, and it's not really an upgrade. More of a sidegrade. Instead of one line in the center surrounded by dark patches, this one has multiple streaks on the side. Under observation now. I'll run it for like the entire day and do a pixel refresh tomorrow. See if it improves. Otherwise back to talking to LG. It's clearly a panel lottery even with replacements then. No point going for it if you have even an average one. Will attach photos later when it gets dark.
This is very sad. LG seriously sucks IMO. I always stay away from these Korean brands. Seeing so many happy c9 users I went for it to save some money over the A8 but now kind of regretting

This is very sad. LG seriously sucks IMO. I always stay away from these Korean brands. Seeing so many happy c9 users I went for it to save some money over the A8 but now kind of regretting

You'll get the same issue with A8G. Panels are being made by LG display only. LG replaced mine. Sony has been refusing more people outside. Can't help it. Jsut gotta accept it till LGD can figure out either a better process to ensure it's solved at manufacturing stage of the OLED panel only, or create a cost effective way of tuning each panel after the OLED panel has been created.

You'll get the same issue with A8G. Panels are being made by LG display only. LG replaced mine. Sony has been refusing more people outside. Can't help it. Jsut gotta accept it till LGD can figure out either a better process to ensure it's solved at manufacturing stage of the OLED panel only, or create a cost effective way of tuning each panel after the OLED panel has been created.
Ok apart from panel issues I have noticed Hdmi issues as wel with the c9. Check out my post on the user thread.

Ok apart from panel issues I have noticed Hdmi issues as wel with the c9. Check out my post on the user thread.

I did, but I don't know how to help you with that. I have only used HDMI with PC, and I haven't had any such issues. This might be a handshaking issue between shield and the TV. Shield forums might yield some solution.

I did, but I don't know how to help you with that. I have only used HDMI with PC, and I haven't had any such issues. This might be a handshaking issue between shield and the TV. Shield forums might yield some solution.
I highly doubt it was handshaking issue cause when I changed the port the colours where much better and sharp. But not as good as the tv apps

I think so. The only device that I connected to HDMI port is Airtel set top box. There is no any such issue. I have tried all the HDMI port too. No issue.

I highly doubt it was handshaking issue cause when I changed the port the colours where much better and sharp. But not as good as the tv apps

There's this setting, HDMI ultra deep colour or something. Is that on?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back