OLED uniformity thread

Dead pixels won't be visible in pictures from 4-5 feet. You have to be really close to see them. I can spot them starting from 3 feet.

Panel hasn't arrived yet. They are saying tomorrow or day after. Pfft!
Oh, then I have to check my panel closely for any dead pixels.

Just got my b9 oled panel replaced because of picture gone black and only audio coming , happy with lg process

Just got my b9 oled panel replaced because of picture gone black and only audio coming , happy with lg process

How's the uniformity of the new panel? What was written on the box? Was B9 specified or was it just a general OLED panel that's same for C9 and B9?

how does this panel look? It’s a c9 65 I had a 342 hours used this delivered and looking to replace it. But if the panel is good m planning to keep it9431A845-065A-43CD-9A6B-1D40F7651D20.jpeg3EE42CAF-23F4-4D01-B845-15D7C3AD826B.jpeg022902D5-2AE5-4D32-84C0-48DFF7FF19E8.jpegD7A09258-B88B-4C2A-9242-31C1E31E056B.jpegD6D68BAD-2713-471B-8BBF-B30E7890787B.jpeg

That's pretty good tbh. Keep it. You can get a lot worse. Take some free gift or something from the dealer if you can. Lol

Check colored slides, especially red, to see if there's any burn in.
ok any other scenes i should check? If screen is good i better keep it. Will update color test

ok any other scenes i should check? If screen is good i better keep it. Will update color test

No. Just these and then regular usage to ensure there's no coil whine from the power supply. It's tough get a 65 inch panel cleaner than this. So I hope it works well.

With a 5% like that, you don't even need to test 10%, 15% or 30%. White tinting seems fine too. Some gradual change is unavoidable, also because of the reflection filter. Don't see any major issues in the picture. Just check colored slides for burn-in.
I checked colour slides as well and no burn in

I used the default out of the box standard settings

Test with the settings in the first post. That ensures all photos are directly comparable. Plus, default brightness is higher, which can mask the issue. Test with those settings for a better idea.

I used the default out of the box standard settings
Yes thats why i asked you, your 2% percent slide has 3 bands visible in the center. But nothing visible in 5% and higher and in default Standard mode most sets look uniform.

Use isf dark mode with OLED light at 35 or 25, then banding will be visible.

Yes thats why i asked you, your 2% percent slide has 3 bands visible in the center. But nothing visible in 5% and higher and in default Standard mode most sets look uniform.

Use isf dark mode with OLED light at 35 or 25, then banding will be visible.

Not sure what's the gamma in standard, but in the first post, gamma is 2.4 or BT. 1886, which are darker and will reveal more banding. Good catch, Gaurav. I jsut assumed it'll be in line with that. Lol

Ok so this is how it looks. Guess Not visible in standard mode

View attachment 42330View attachment 42331

Ah! Now it's just average actually. Check some of the scenes mentioned in the first post to see if it's visible. Do this in a dark room for best analysis.

You can actually try your luck and replace it. Shows why it's important to stick to the same settings. Otherwise it's comparing apples to oranges.

Ah! Now it's just average actually. Check some of the scenes mentioned in the first post to see if it's visible. Do this in a dark room for best analysis.

You can actually try your luck and replace it. Shows why it's important to stick to the same settings. Otherwise it's comparing apples to oranges.
I tried playing the Marco Polo scene mentioned but in HDR the isr dark room mode is not available.so picture is bright and vivid and I don’t see any banding

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back