[On behalf of my friend] Budget Bluetooth speakers? [Budget:3K]

rohitmusic

Hi,
One of my work colleagues is interested in a blue tooth speaker which he wants to play using his mobile device. So he stopped by my place and asked for advice knowing my interest(obsession?) in HiFi stuff.

So we need suggestions from you guyz. What should he buy?

Is this good or better options available <3K. his budget is firm so dont want to push the budget much.

JBL Micro Wireless 1 Channel - JBL: Flipkart.com

Kindly suggest..

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,
One of my work colleagues is interested in a blue tooth speaker which he wants to play using his mobile device. So he stopped by my place and asked for advice knowing my interest(obsession?) in HiFi stuff.

So we need suggestions from you guyz. What should he buy?

Is this good or better options available <3K. his budget is firm so dont want to push the budget much.

JBL Micro Wireless 1 Channel - JBL: Flipkart.com

Kindly suggest..

Thanks!

JBL MW 1 sounds ok. I demoed it at the HK showroom in Bangalore. I wanted to buy a bluetooth speaker for myself but I wasnt too very happy with the product (may be i expected more at this price point). No doubt it sounded clear and highs were ok but the bass was lacking, obviously, can't expect more from a single channel. Build quality of the product was good. Overall the product is worth slightly above its current price and can be considered for casual and on the move listening.

I bought JBL Micro Wireless Speaker from Amazon.in.
I suggest to get it from FK since that seller is slow.
Its too good for its price. Fairly loud yet crisp.
The bass is amazing for a 40mm driver.
Its so small that you can carry it in your pocket.
My family loves it.
I was thinking of writing a small review on it.
I would say it is probably the best you can buy at 3k.

I bought JBL Micro Wireless Speaker from Amazon.in.
I suggest to get it from FK since that seller is slow.
Its too good for its price. Fairly loud yet crisp.
The bass is amazing for a 40mm driver.
Its so small that you can carry it in your pocket.
My family loves it.
I was thinking of writing a small review on it.
I would say it is probably the best you can buy at 3k.

Thanks buddy! I can take your word! :)
BTW what were the other options you considered? (just for our info)

If you can up the budget these are good. They go pretty loud and the clarity is good too.

JBL Flip Bluetooth Speakers - JBL: Flipkart.com

Yes, I tried to check these. Looks good.

On a lighter note :eek:hyeah:
Since my friend has approached me the first time so want to give a milder dose of "wallet mayhem" to start with! ;) Once he gets used to quality sound then god save him and his wallet! :eek:hyeah:

If you can up the budget these are good. They go pretty loud and the clarity is good too.

JBL Flip Bluetooth Speakers - JBL: Flipkart.com

Agree with above. I have the JBL Flip, and it sounds great for its price, bass is adequate and goes very loud. Phone hands free functionality is nice. Looks good too (the white one). Too bad the budget is firm, otherwise it might be a very good option.

Agree with above. I have the JBL Flip, and it sounds great for its price, bass is adequate and goes very loud. Phone hands free functionality is nice. Looks good too (the white one). Too bad the budget is firm, otherwise it might be a very good option.

Thanks for the positive review. Will make a note of it and never the less share it with my friend.

As of the budget..
:eek:hyeah: Budget is always a constraint in HiFi!
To tell you the inside story he started with 1K I am responsible for the other 2/3rd ;) So go figure it :eek:hyeah:

I too had that budget in mind, looking for some cheap wired capsule speaker. Just to get a little louder sound from my tab for my daughter to watch Doraemon on it. ;)

JBL flip uses the same drivers I guess. It is louder than this model and delivers more bass but the tonal qualities are similar. But it is almost twice the cost. Ofcourse it has microphone so you can attend to calls if you are streaming from mobile.

HDMX which is in similar price range also has good reviews but many users found JBL better.

But don't expect too much out of it. I too had higher expectations but then after a couple of days I realized that it is performing more for the given size and cost.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back