On look out for a better stereo integrated amp

If you travel to Bangalore, do check up on Acoustic Portrait. The Swara amp would possibly meet your requirements. Unfortunately, it's not on their website, acousticportrait.com.

If you go the DIY way,

a 150+ watts per channel stereo power amp using the Texas Instruments TPA3251 evaluation board which gives fantastic sound, will cost you around 20K !!

This may sound a bit dumb when compared to the suggestions above but have you listened to the NAD C370? I once got to experience one of these and found it really good. Kind of a more powerful version of the NAD C320. And luckily there's one available on the forum as well. Maybe you'd like to audition it?

This may sound a bit dumb when compared to the suggestions above but have you listened to the NAD C370? I once got to experience one of these and found it really good. Kind of a more powerful version of the NAD C320. And luckily there's one available on the forum as well. Maybe you'd like to audition it?
Was driving the epos with nad for sometime now, feel i need something with much more control over the drivers than the nad, so i would try not to go that route again
Was looking at a vincent amp,
Any impressions of that amp ?

Was driving the epos with nad for sometime now, feel i need something with much more control over the drivers than the nad, so i would try not to go that route again
no experience with Vincent :(

Had done a few hour demo of the Vincent audio CDP along with their integrated amplifier and mono blocks ( Don't remember the exact models). The speakers were Sonus Faber's FS's (again don't remember the model). The cables were also all Vincent. The entire system sounded clean ,detailed and powerful. All the gear was brand new so am not sure if it was properly broken in / run in. It sounded much better than a lot of big name brands that I have heard. The demo was at Trinity sound and Vision in Kirti Nagar, Delhi.

Had done a few hour demo of the Vincent audio CDP along with their integrated amplifier and mono blocks ( Don't remember the exact models). The speakers were Sonus Faber's FS's (again don't remember the model). The cables were also all Vincent. The entire system sounded clean ,detailed and powerful. All the gear was brand new so am not sure if it was properly broken in / run in. It sounded much better than a lot of big name brands that I have heard. The demo was at Trinity sound and Vision in Kirti Nagar, Delhi.
Thaankyou so much, first listening experience from a fellow fm

I highly recommending first listening to an amp on the other side of the spectrum - a high current power amp with high power ratings and where the power output nearly doubles for 4ohm loads. That i feel will give you a baseline in terms of what "sufficient power" will give you in terms of speaker performance. Then you can benchmark other integrateds against this baseline. Or of course, you might end up with a preamp+poweramp combo because it sounds so much better ;)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back