onkyo 3100 or 3300?

varthurravi

Hi,

I am planning to get a home-theater and zeroed in on Onkyo. Basically I need the HT for listening to music. Not very inclined to watch too many movies or TV with the HT, but occassionally yes. Thought of just buying the hi-fi systems like Sony, but somehow I don't want to buy it again (I had a Sony 5.1 ch hi-fi before).
Now that I am very particular about buying Onkyo, just want to know your opinion on HT-S3100 and HT-S3300. Right now these are priced at 15K and 25K in Bangalore. The extra 10K price is not a concern for me if it is worth it for music.

Is hts-3300 worth extra 10K over S-3100, except for the HDMI ports and lower power?
Do I really need those HDMI ports if I need to play the blu-ray discs? - I guess not.
Does 3300 justify the extra 10K over HTS-3100 in terms of sound quality in music?

Thanks for any help, in advance.

3100 os 2 years old model and prioces reduced due to extra stock..

if you want to buy a HT for movies.. 3300 is worth every penny..

however you said ""MUSIC"" then none of these are worth... buy an amp & pair of speakers and you are all set...

still if you will watch movies as well... 3300 is the best deal as on now in 25k..

there are few extra features added as well.. it can decide dolby true HD and dts HD which 3100 was unable to do and these audio will only worh through HDMI..

so if its for movies.. 3300 and be future proof for sometime rather than getting obslete technology......

music... (( custom build)) 25... amp+speakers+dvd player+ good cables and wallah..

@Ironhorse
Didn't quite catch this part. Are you suggesting another 25K will be enough for a pair of custom built speakers, amp, cables etc?

Just out of curiosity, can something be achieved better than the 3300 in a budget less than 30-35K? Something which is pleasure to ears for "BOTH music and movies"

Any pointers?

music... (( custom build)) 25... amp+speakers+dvd player+ good cables and wallah..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back