onkyo 3200 vs yamaha yht-292 which one is better

hrish88

friends i wanna buy a home theater around 25 to 30k.vijay sales pune quote me 25k for onkyo 3200 and 27k for yamaha yht-292.which one is better or is there any other good home theater system in my budget.i read in some other post that onkyo-3300 will launch soon(launched at some cities) around 25 to 30k.

i am very confused right now.please advice me

Onkyo makes powerfull & better HT solutions & can go for them.Price of ONK3200 can be still bargined OR asking for free stuffs.

friends i wanna buy a home theater around 25 to 30k.vijay sales pune quote me 25k for onkyo 3200 and 27k for yamaha yht-292.which one is better or is there any other good home theater system in my budget.i read in some other post that onkyo-3300 will launch soon(launched at some cities) around 25 to 30k.

i am very confused right now.please advice me

3300 has dolby tru HD

just heard in pune 3300 is for 30k.most of the i will be using it for ps3.so is it worth paying 5k more over 3200.

no its not worth paying 5K more because you dont have to.:)

the 3300 is around 23-25k. i have personally booked a 3300 for 24 k yesterday in delhi. other have bought it for around the same price. a guy in coimbatore bought it for 23K.the dealer is obviously over charging based on the 32k MRP. just bargain. dont pay over 24

and dont buy the 3200. the 3300 is the latest 2010 model and will do audio over hdmi and HD audio formats. like HD DTS master audio. its also supports 3d content as it supports hdmi 1.4. you can enjoy the full hd audio experience of your blue ray movies from ur ps3 with this. the 3200 does not process anything from the hdmi. its basically a hdmi switcher. totally useless. and for the same price you get a much better feature packed model. no sense in buying the 3200. get the 3300

no its not worth paying 5K more because you dont have to.:)

the 3300 is around 23-25k. i have personally booked a 3300 for 24 k yesterday in delhi. other have bought it for around the same price. a guy in coimbatore bought it for 23K.the dealer is obviously over charging based on the 32k MRP. just bargain. dont pay over 24

Dealers in pune are ripping off customers.vijay sales is quoting 25k for 3200 and avxecellence is quoting 30k for 3300 he told me that MRP of 3300 is 35k.

has anyone from pune bought 3300 yet.

V.sales in Pune dont guide properly.When I booked Philips 3565 ,they didnt give concession which philips offered.

hi all,
I need your help in buying a HTS. confused between Yamaha- HTIB YHT-392 and onkyo 3300? any suggestion? budget (30-33K)

Also wt about HTS from sony, Philips and Samsung? they boast about 1000 rms? are they better than onkyo and yamaha?

Also in pune 3300 is not available with V.S. I also checked with ezone and they said it will be available in 2 weeks

Hullo everybody !

I am new to the forum and just picked up this thread for my queries...

I am planning to go in for -

Denon 1610
Wharfedale Moviestar 65+
Pioneer 420V DVD Player

Need your advise if this is a good combo ?

Rajeev

Hullo everybody !

I am new to the forum and just picked up this thread for my queries...

I am planning to go in for -

Denon 1610
Wharfedale Moviestar 65+
Pioneer 420V DVD Player

Need your advise if this is a good combo ?

Rajeev

Yes..
The combo is good..
could you please share the price :)

A consolidated price -

26K+18K+4.5K (with Bill & Warranty)

I am comfortable with the AVR and DVD Player - but how are these speakers ?

Rajeev

The MovieStar 65+ and 70+ have excellent reviews on the net. Here is a link about the 65+:

Wharfedale moviestar 65+ 5.1 system - AVForums.com

I would suggest you look at the MS 70+ instead as they are more powerful speakers (in terms of power handling and not in watts), bigger, better built, 2 drivers for the centre as against 1 driver in the 65+ and bigger drivers all round and better subwoofer. I got a quote in Chennai for 30k for a brand new set of MS 70+ while a demo set was available for 23k.

---Venkat

Thanks Venkat !

Moviestar 70 is bigger and infact I was looking for a smaller satellite combo.

Can you suggest some other brand ?

Rajeev

Yup. Energy Take Classic 5.1 should be available between 30-35k, while you can also consider the Polk Audio RM 6750 satellite set. This system has even smaller satellites but the reviews seem to be good. The subwoofer is 200W, and a powered one. This package costs around 25k at ProFX. If you are looking for something small, this may be nice. Even smaller and slimmer satellite package - Yamaha NS-P110. The MRP of this package is 12k at Yamaha Music Square. Sound is okay. The Polk RM 6750 would be better for sure and the Energy and Wharfedale would be even better with the Wharfedale MS 70+ at the top.

---Venkat

Energy take classic 5.1 is available for ~27K at reliance digital.. polk rm6750 will come around ~20K if you buy denon receiver from profx itself (combo offer)..

Wow Alok ... that makes them an even better deal. But I was referring to the Polk RM 6750 set standalone, purchased from ProFX without a Denon receiver. But the Energy Take Classic 5.1 for 27k I think is a steal. Is it available at this price at Reliance Digital across the country?

---Venkat

Thanks friends for the info - really appreciate !

What an irony ;-( - no Reliance Digital store in Mumbai - anyways the New Bby location is about an hours drive fm my place.

Also the 20K Polk 5.1 sounds awesome. I will check it out in the Profx store in Worli, Mumbai. But isn't the Polk 6750 an old model ?

Wharfedale 65+ satellites look gud... the Sub is 6" - that is the only downside I guess !

Thanks once again

Rajeev

Friends I think you all are suppose to discuss abt ONKYO OR Yamaha.But here every one is trying their own Brand ,The friend who asked abt ONKYO or yamaha will get Confused by now.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back