Onkyo 606 Vs Denon 1909 Vs Yamaha 663

Hi , could you pls let me know where I can pick up a good quality DTS demo disc in Chennai ? Been trying to source one for quite some time now, managed a local one but sounds quite bad.

Excellent choice on the Yamaha. Its a very solid and quality AVR.

You could use any DTS music CD such as String - Brand New day. (why are you picky about DTS demo though?)

marsilians , wanted a DTS demo disc to help me in fine tuning the sound better.Also helps when showing demo to friends etc

I was using BLACK HAWK DOWN DTS disc for my evaluations (Have a so called blue ray rip - pirated of course) of AVR's , would help having a compilation of scenes with good surround effects.Most shops had one but were not willing to sell !!! Sequences from Kill Bill / House of flying daggers / Stealth etc were quite impressive.

spirovious, what did yo mean by 64 series dropped ?

marsilians , wanted a DTS demo disc to help me in fine tuning the sound better.Also helps when showing demo to friends etc

I was using BLACK HAWK DOWN DTS disc for my evaluations (Have a so called blue ray rip - pirated of course) of AVR's , would help having a compilation of scenes with good surround effects.Most shops had one but were not willing to sell !!! Sequences from Kill Bill / House of flying daggers / Stealth etc were quite impressive.

spirovious, what did yo mean by 64 series dropped ?

For fine tuning you have to use a set up disc such as Avia II or something similar.

Yamaha last series was ending with a 3, and their new series ends with a 5. Maybe they are afraid of the number 4. Nothing to worry, though.

Cheers

Hi

You made a Good Choice on 663 which is a nice AV receiver for HD content and for fine tuning you leave it to Yamahas YAPO sound optimization which does a very good job.

Please go for good quality speakers of same brand.

DTS Demo disks, i have a few of what you wanted PM me if you really need it.

Regards

sub

Thanks Sub, I have a Wharfedale diamond front and sub and Wharfedale 2 series centre and surround ( which needs to be upgraded) I guess that will be fine for Yamaha.

This year has been a major revamp of my entire AV equips so need to control my AV addiction for some time :(

Managed to lay my hands on a DTS demo disc, thanks guys.

Sumaria does not seem to have adjusted the prices on the Yamaha's atleast. The 863 for 74K??? Should be more around 50-55 including all customs and taxes.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back