Onkyo HT S-3300 - is it a good buy

vkatta

Hi,

I have got the best quote of Rs. 25k for Onkyo HT S-3300 with free Philips blu-ray BDP3200. Is it a good price? Unfortunately, for Onkyo HT S-3400, I could get the best offer of Rs. 31k only that too without any offer.

Yamaha YHT 294 is also available at Onkyo HT S-3300 offer price. Also avaialble is Yamaha YHT 196 at Rs, 24k and Yamaha YHT 292 at Rs. 16k.

All above are with warranty and bill.

Look forward to inputs from all of you.

Rgds

The cost for the 3300 seems to be little high (though comes with free blu-ray player).
People seem to have bought 3300 new at 17-18k (without any free-bees). The philips
player in question should cost you around 5k. So total should not cost you more than
22-23k. In my opinion, avoid the player as there has not been too many encouraging
reviews about this player in question.

Re: Onkyo HT S-3300 - is it a good buy - BOUGHT

Thanx all for their inputs. Finally bought from Croma and got delivered y'day. Have gone for additional 2 years extended warranty cover for Rs. 1500/- Total paid Rs. 26800/- for the HTP, BDP, Extended warranty, additional HDMI and Optical cable.

Installed y'day. Sound quality for movies (>90% of usage will be movies and TV) is excellent. Even the BDP is also an excellent product. No issues.

Re: Onkyo HT S-3300 - is it a good buy - BOUGHT

Thanx all for their inputs. Finally bought from Croma and got delivered y'day. Have gone for additional 2 years extended warranty cover for Rs. 1500/- Total paid Rs. 26800/- for the HTP, BDP, Extended warranty, additional HDMI and Optical cable.

Installed y'day. Sound quality for movies (>90% of usage will be movies and TV) is excellent. Even the BDP is also an excellent product. No issues.

Congrats !!! which BDP model is this?

It is Philips BDP3200.

And one experience I will like to share. For all those who are interested in a HT package, for audition and comparision, DVD of the film "Bhool Bhulaiya" can be a good reference source. As the movie is a suspence thriller, lots of scenes with different sound effects are there. This was my choice to compare different models of Onkyo and Yamaha.

hi...

Congrats on your purchase...
please give me some inputs...

I think onkyo doesnt have bass adjustment for the woofer...

Are there any reason for prefering onkyo over yamaha....

Is onkyo good for music... because for me movies and music would be 50-50

Please advice...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back