Onkyo HT-S3300 Vs Samsung HT-C555 Vs Sony DAV-DZ510 Vs Philips HTS5530

antamidhya

Hai guys!
Firstly, thanks for contributing your responses and helping many novices like me in choosing best HT. I am planning for my first Home Theatre for my 42" LG Plasma TV. My room is big one in duplex house and though it measures 15(L)x24(w)x20(H), the entertaiment area is 15(L)x15(w)x20(H).

I have seen the deoms of Sony DAV-DZ510 and Samsung HT-C555. Though both are 1000w, I felt that Samsung HT-C555 has more impressive sound(movie mode). All most everyone here is suggesting Onkyo HT-S3300. I am yet to check its demo, but skeptical about its 600w and my room size compatability.

My budget is 25k. I would prefer Onkyo for its connectivity options and upgrade feasibility. I wanted to know if I can upgrade Onkyo HT S3300 later, to a more powerful HT with around 1000w?

Any better alternatives?

You should consider Onkyo 3300 if you are looking for HD decoding and you care for formats like HD-Dolby, HD-DTS. For which you need to buy a Blu-ray player also. (~10k)

Also remember that Philips HTIB is designed such that it assumes that you will be playing everything through DVD player. So if you have other devices like WDLive, PS, XBOX... then you might need to look at connectivity options (optical port).

So look at your requirements and then decide.

Thanks Sumit!
Yes I definetly would like to connect WDlive and xbox later. Can I get 1000w outpout with Onkyo 3300 by replacing speakers and woofer. What are the upgrade options for Onkyo 3300.

@antamidhya
replacing speakers and woofer to better one only improve quality. not the power.

@antamidhya
replacing speakers and woofer to better one only improve quality. not the power.

Vinsk is correct. This is HTIB, you need to replace the amp to get more wattage. Amp comes with a cost.

Also watts might not be the best way to judge a HTIB. Research more on this forum to find out what other thing matter before buying HTIB.

Vinsk is correct. This is HTIB, you need to replace the amp to get more wattage. Amp comes with a cost.

Also watts might not be the best way to judge a HTIB. Research more on this forum to find out what other thing matter before buying HTIB.

Exactly. Do not get hung up on the RMS power. You are never going to use all that 1000W what you are looking at. A good separate system or even from vendors like Onkyo with 600W is far better than a commodity HtIB from vendors such as Sony or Samsung which claims twice rated RMS.

The best thing to do is to audition as many systems as possible and buy the one which you like. Don't care about ratings, reviews, etc.

I've been to Onkyo Showroom, Ameerpet, Hyderabad. I had a demo of Onkyo HT-S9100THX priced Rs.85k. It was mind blowing for movie mode. While listening to music, I felt the bass was excessive and annoying. I think it can be adjusted. I couldn't have a demo of 3300 as its out of stock. It'll be available after 19th Aug. I had a demo of 3200 which is said to have the same output. But, I didn't find it as great as its been said. Waiting for 3300. BTW their price is Rs.27k here in Hyd.

Hai guys!
Firstly, thanks for contributing your responses and helping many novices like me in choosing best HT. I am planning for my first Home Theatre for my 42" LG Plasma TV. My room is big one in duplex house and though it measures 15(L)x24(w)x20(H), the entertaiment area is 15(L)x15(w)x20(H).

I have seen the deoms of Sony DAV-DZ510 and Samsung HT-C555. Though both are 1000w, I felt that Samsung HT-C555 has more impressive sound(movie mode). All most everyone here is suggesting Onkyo HT-S3300. I am yet to check its demo, but skeptical about its 600w and my room size compatability.

My budget is 25k. I would prefer Onkyo for its connectivity options and upgrade feasibility. I wanted to know if I can upgrade Onkyo HT S3300 later, to a more powerful HT with around 1000w?

Any better alternatives?

Hai friend,
I have my personal observation regarding your questions.

Some times back I also have a confusion about my Ht system. I have auditioned Sony DAV 610, Philips HTS5540 (1200W RMS) & Sansung HT-C555 I am not to sure what to buy.

Then one of my friends told me why don't U have a audition about logitech Z-5500 (505W rms, in built Dolby & Dts 96/24 decoting, 5 connectivity options simultaniously and THX Certified).

The very next day I go to Kolkata E-mall (Logitech Brand Stores) and have prolonged audition with Movie & Music (MP3 also) and finally I have decided to home a Logi... Z-5500. Bleve me it's really mind blowing .

Sorry It's a bit lengthy.
Subhasish

Hello friends,
I bought onkyo hts 3300 last week. It is connected to tatasky hd STB.
Every time I change the channels there is noise from subwoofer.

Any idea why is it coming?

Thanks.

Hey Thambidurai. are you connecting your tata sky directly to Onkyo ? if yes then you using the optical output of tata sky ? try connecting audio output of your TV - might be optical/coxial or hdmi with the corresponding input in your HT.

Do revert back... as even i am planning to buy onkyo 3300 and have tata sky HD connected to samsung LED.

Hi..

I'm no Home Theater Expert but if you ask me, my suggestion is: GO FOR PHILIPS.

I can state this confidently to my sonic experience with the SHP series Philips headphones. These are highly superior to my earlier Panasonic XBS headphones with same specifications. I also once read an expert review on Philips HTS 3571 HT-system on Tech2.com (pls Google to read it). Most users claim Philips HTS is true VFM. These days, most other brands (like SONY, Onkyo etc) manufacture the systems in China/Taiwan @ low cost and dump them at very high cost in Indian market, thereby fooling customers.

So, my suggestion AGAIN is : GO FOR PHILIPS.

Onkyo HT-S3300
1. No option to connect a powered subwoofer.
2. The Subwoofer jumps and moves around for heavy base songs.
3. All the other speakers have a plastic body and the front screens are stuck to their sockets.
4. The front, center and surround speakers have the same speakers and are very poor quality and sounding.
5. When connecting a device to the aux input, the volume has to be raised above 50 for a listening volume that would be around 35 for a HDMI or optical input. Onkyo seems aware of this flaw when I called them.

Im disappointed on the whole with this HT.

Below is a video of the speaker.
Inside the Onkyo HT-S3300 right speaker (SKF-380) - YouTube

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back