ONKYO TX-SR606 speaker options

ame

Dear Friends

Just bought an ONKYO TX-SR606 ,looking to buy suitable speakers for the same.

My main use will be music and some movies.Have a full HD Samsung series 5 and Sony DVD player.Size of my room is 15x11 ft.

The qoutes i got from one mumbai store are as follows:

1.Jamo S406HCS1 (without subwoofer)17.5k,with subwoofer 29.5k.

2.Mission M34i (without sub woofer)24.5k, with subwoofer 37.5k

3.Paradigm Cinema CT-70 with subwoofer 27,000.

For the first two as they are towers,can i avoid the sub woofer ?

Please advice on what will be a good choice and any better speaker suggestions in and around this price range are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

ame

Dear Friends

My main use will be music and some movies.Have a full HD Samsung series 5 and Sony DVD player.Size of my room is 15x11 ft.

Please advice on what will be a good choice and any better speaker suggestions in and around this price range are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

ame

Well If you want Towers then I may not help.But I know Mission spk r cheap &
this model is better sounding.

I have paired Tannoy F1 spk with my onkyo.They sound good with both mov & music.You can get those at Alliance4,DN nagar,Andheri.
You can even listen to Wharfedale,Mission & Mordaunt short packs at same dealor.
These spk will well match with Onkyo.

Mr.Kadam-9930813708,02226203830 (alliance4)

Dear Mr. Kadam

Thanks for your reply.

Hope to hear from other members soon.

ame

hey buddy..

i don't think spirovious's name is mr kadam whom you are thanking.

Mr Kadam is contact person at alliance.. I guess.

regards

Dear Mr. Kadam

Thanks for your reply.

Hope to hear from other members soon.

ame

I m not Kadam.He is the main person@ Alliance4.
He is the one who brought Tannoy for me from Delhi & started official Tannoy
distributions.

Hi spirovious

Sorry for the confusion.

Can you let me know how much does Tannoy cost?

Can someone share their experience about Mission M34i ?

Wish you all a happy new year.

ame

Dear Friends

I am a beginner in the hi fi world.Let me ask a better question to all forumers here.

What are the speaker systems available around 30k(without subwoofer)? I prefer one with dark wooden finish,as my furniture is similar.

Hope to hear from experienced members.

Regards

ame

Last edited:
Dear Friends

I am a beginner in the hi fi world.Let me ask a better question to all forumers here.

What are the speaker systems available around 30k(without subwoofer)? I prefer one with dark wooden finish,as my furniture is similar.

Hope to hear from experienced members.

Regards

ame

Hi ame,

If you are looking for speakers without sub then FS would be better option. Wharfedale is good and will be under the said budget. Are you looking for 5.1 without sub or only stereo speakers? Paradigm Cinema is quite good, have a couple of friends with them. For stereo though Wharfedale would be better at least the 9.6.

Dear moserw

Thanks for your response.Well I want to have a5.1 suround sound speaker setup but I understand that subwoofers may be avoided if tower speakers are used.

Going through some post here I was thinking if I spend more on the two towers,and get better speaker and for the other three little cheaper speakers ,will it be better for good music performance and descent movie viewing?

ame

Hi spirovious

Sorry for the confusion.

Can you let me know how much does Tannoy cost?

Can someone share their experience about Mission M34i ?

ame

Tannoy F1 will cost arround 14.5k & if you take with centre then 28k.

Dear moserw

Thanks for your response.Well I want to have a5.1 suround sound speaker setup but I understand that subwoofers may be avoided if tower speakers are used.

Going through some post here I was thinking if I spend more on the two towers,and get better speaker and for the other three little cheaper speakers ,will it be better for good music performance and descent movie viewing?

ame

Not true really, a dedicated subwoofer is always better. Like my good friend spirovious said, Tannoy F1 will make a good setup. Also, Paradigm is very good. If you are looking to mix and match then Wharfedale makes very good FS/towers. Whatever the choice for a true 5.1 system do go for a dedicated subwoofer.

Dear moserw, svaze and spirovious

Thanks for your responses. Let me visit Vijay Sales and check M34i out.

Also can someone confirm to me how much should Paradigm cinema with subwoofer cost?

Regards

ame

Last edited:
Dear Friends

Did audition the Mission M34i at Vijay Sales.Liked the sound in stereo and movie .They are not sure if they have dark wood colour ,said will let me know.

Need to visit DN Nagar for the others.

ame

Dear Friends

Thanks in advance.

ame

Hi, I think you can have a look on Klipsch Synergy F2 and F3 floor standing speakers. One of my friend has F2 with Onkyo 606 and it sounds amazing!

Hi soulstealer

Thanks for your response. How much does a Klipsch Synergy F2 and F3 floor standing speakers cost and where can I audition it in Mumbai?

ame

Well If you want Towers then I may not help.But I know Mission spk r cheap &
this model is better sounding.

I have paired Tannoy F1 spk with my onkyo.They sound good with both mov & music.You can get those at Alliance4,DN nagar,Andheri.
You can even listen to Wharfedale,Mission & Mordaunt short packs at same dealor.
These spk will well match with Onkyo.

Mr.Kadam-9930813708,02226203830 (alliance4)

Dear Spirovious

Kindly tell us the price of the AVR you have purchased and from where you bought it.

thank u

Last edited:
You should seriously consider Wharfedales, for pure music nothing like wharfedales, but go for old models like diamond series where they use kevlar fabrics for woofers and midranges...they really sound nice and last for real long.

Dear Spirovious

Kindly tell us the price of the AVR you have purchased and from where you bought it.

thank u

Hi,

I started HT journeny with Onkyo HTib- HTS-580 + Onida DVDp 1.5yr back.
Now upgraded to Tannoy F1 as fronts.Will go for Tannoy centre soon.
Currently enjoying Tanoy with Onkyo basic amp.(mov & music)
Planning for DAC to improve stereo SQ.

Purchased from Alliance4

So system cost-
Onkyo + 5.1 Onkyo spk pack. = Rs.35k
Tannoy F1 = Rs.15k

Last edited:
Dear Friends

Thanks in advance.

ame

Dear Spirivorous

Thank you for the price quote.

Dear Ame

Kindly quote your price for SR606 and Where, I think I will go for this one as this is the new version from Onkyo as per their international web site.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back