Online UPS suggestion

manojrc

Dear All,

Looking for suggestion for online UPS. Main ( Only ) purpose is HT/Music. Here's the list of appliances.

Setup 1 ( Music )

1) Laptop / CD player
2) KT88 Mono blocks / 300B Mono Blocks ( Either one pair at a time )
3) Lyrita Tube pre-amp
4) Rethm Saadhana Speakers ( Powered )
5) Fan
6) LED light
7) DAC

Setup 2 - Movies

( Either 1 or 2 will be operational at a time )

1) Laptop / Blu-Ray player
2) Yamaha A-S500 Integrated
3) Optoma HD39HDR
4) Fan

I won't be using Saadhana in setup 2. For movies, I'll be using PC9.5 tower speakers which are passive ones.

Any input? What should be the UPS capacity? Also which is the best brand? Vertiv/Emerson, APC? What's the battery capacity needed?

Budget is not more than 35k INR

Thanks
-M

This is the reason I opted for a high capacity invertor with pure sine wave output which runs outside of the room. I have luminous 2kva office product. I can watch two movies straight, and not streched it further.

Thank you. Since you mentioned it makes lot of noise, I shall pass this product.

I have a EATON 3KVA UPS & it doesn't make much noise. I have the entire room running on the UPS ( have the connections directly made near the MCB switch) with a switch to bypass the Online UPS if needed.

After some research on the forum, I had opted for Emerson Liebert. Had placed it in the room initially but the fan noise was a bit distracting during quiet sections of music or video. I think not everyone will find the noise distracting.
Fortunately, I was able to shift it outside the room near the main switch board.

Dear All,

Looking for suggestion for online UPS. Main ( Only ) purpose is HT/Music. Here's the list of appliances.

Setup 1 ( Music )

1) Laptop / CD player
2) KT88 Mono blocks / 300B Mono Blocks ( Either one pair at a time )
3) Lyrita Tube pre-amp
4) Rethm Saadhana Speakers ( Powered )
5) Fan
6) LED light
7) DAC

Setup 2 - Movies

( Either 1 or 2 will be operational at a time )

1) Laptop / Blu-Ray player
2) Yamaha A-S500 Integrated
3) Optoma HD39HDR
4) Fan

I won't be using Saadhana in setup 2. For movies, I'll be using PC9.5 tower speakers which are passive ones.

Any input? What should be the UPS capacity? Also which is the best brand? Vertiv/Emerson, APC? What's the battery capacity needed?

Budget is not more than 35k INR

Thanks
-M
APC is good for your needs

My Luminous single battery 1100VA inverter is unable to handle the load when usage spikes to 535W (I tested with a watt-meter on the output side of the Inverter). Otherwise it is ok. I am thinking of switching to the 1700VA double battery one. Any other alternatives I should consider? Noise levels are important. I plan to get the RTX3080ti next year if prices drop and my power consumption on the PC alone may peak at 600W, besides TV 4x Fans 6xLED bulbs etc.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back