Online UPS With Galvanic Isolation Transformer Suggestions required

sanj

Hi Friends , pl guide me if Online UPS mentioned in below link is good choice for good power supply to my 2 channels stereo system (pre , power amp, tube amp,DAC, Cd player and streamer), i am looking for 2 - 3 KVA model.

It seems good but don't know the technicality need inputs for it , currently using different model Online UPS without which is not with Isolation transformer.

Delta IN series UPS with Isolation transformer

rgds
Sanj

Attachments

• Amplon IN Series (1) Isolation UPS.pdf
    241.6 KB · Views: 12
Expensive.... the Consul Neowatt online UPS with galvanic isolation was cheaper...

What is the price..who is the dealer... my basic question is ..will there bee any improvement in sound using this or power conditioner will be more useful which is expensive.

No idea about which is better as you can only answer if you have heard both.. i had a power conditioner on demo and it made a slight improvement in sound. Yet to hear an online UPS even though it should do the same exact thing and may be even better if it has galvanic isolation...

I have used an online ups of mictrotek & power conditioner so i can give my opinion on both..., so with online ups i found no particular improvement than directly powered from wall socket but with power conditioner after burn in period i heard base being more controlled & treble more airy. Power conditioner is Invention audios

Check them out.. They are India's largest UPS manufacturers and Fuji Electric of Japan has just bought the company...

https://www.consulneowatt.com/products/single-phase-online-ups/finch-pw/

The 1KVA version with approx. 10 mins of backup costs about Rs. 16000 + GST.. Can check for the 2KVA option if you want with the distributor...
Hi Pandit ji,i had a word with their technical person yesterday , he suggested not to use it (Isolation transformer based UPS) with Audio amplifiers , he was saying its for industrial use only.

Lots of confusion now.

Rgds

Then it's better to drop the idea.. I was told by a number of members to buy an online sine wave UPS and hence started an earlier thread.. if the technical guys themselves don't recommend, then who are we to question them... They saved some money for the both of us...

Not sure how isolation transformers are implemented in ups systems. But iso transformers by themselves are commonly used by recording studios and audiophiles. In fact they are one of the oldest methods for cleaning power.

Also double online conversion ups are a common feature in studios. They are sometimes used in combination with other noise reduction devices.

Expensive devices made by companies like ps audio take power regeneration to a different level. They should be better than a normal ups.

What reason?
Reasons are not explained by him..i also not asked ..but Delta people told that it will be used with Audio equipment but you need to put away from audio amplifiers due to some magnatic induction which will affect audio equipment .

Totally confused..so need to know feedback if any forum friend is using Online ups based on Isolation Transformers

Not sure how isolation transformers are implemented in ups systems. But iso transformers by themselves are commonly used by recording studios and audiophiles. In fact they are one of the oldest methods for cleaning power.

Also double online conversion ups are a common feature in studios. They are sometimes used in combination with other noise reduction devices.

Expensive devices made by companies like ps audio take power regeneration to a different level. They should be better than a normal ups.

I am also thinking in same line but confused after having word with Consul neowatt technical person...i dont know what is correct.
BTW i am using normal online UPS with my all equipments since last 10 years .

An isolation transformer is a very large and heavy device. Try and find out what they mean when they say it is integrated into the UPS.

My suggestion is to buy a normal double conversion online ups. Add separate isolation transformers or noise filters as needed.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back