Oppo 980 vs Oppo 981 vs Marantz CD 6002 !

bazee

hello

Though this seems a odd combination and odd comparision, I am looking at them purely from Audio point of view. Video,upscaling etc are not a issue.

So what should i buy :

Oppo 980
Oppo 981
CD 6002

By the way, it seems Oppo India has stopped marketing 980 so will have to buy from hkflix.com ( correct me).

regards

Its definitely not an odd combo,

Marantz is a dedicated CD player and from that perspective its sound is slightly above or almost at par with the Oppo 980 (981 does not best 980 for audio though it still has excellent output)

Versatility wise, the Oppo is better.

hello

Though this seems a odd combination and odd comparision, I am looking at them purely from Audio point of view. Video,upscaling etc are not a issue.

So what should i buy :

Oppo 980
Oppo 981
CD 6002

By the way, it seems Oppo India has stopped marketing 980 so will have to buy from hkflix.com ( correct me).

regards

If you are looking only on Audio Part , go for Marantz CD 6002. Since its a dedicated CDP , it may be better then the Oppo DVD.

David.

I am not sure, i've heard it (the 980) compared very favourably with some pretty solid equipment, i'd seriously suggest you do a comparison and then decide.

If you are looking only on Audio Part , go for Marantz CD 6002. Since its a dedicated CDP , it may be better then the Oppo DVD.

David.

Just talked to Oppo India :

980- discontinued

981 :- 19,000/-

Though i can get 980 , at 15,000 from hkflix.com

so what to buy??

id say look at the Denon DCD-500 or DCD-700, just make sure anything you buy of Denon is stock from their new authorized distributor called Kei from bombay.

sorry if it came accross wrong but neither do i have a stake at denon nor with their distributors, i have freinds who own av stores and have heard much bad news going around on the profx stock, but denon is a personal fav as i own one myself and spend lots of time at stores run by my freind so happen to know much about whats happening in the industry.

id say look at the Denon DCD-500 or DCD-700, just make sure anything you buy of Denon is stock from their new authorized distributor called Kei from bombay.

Anyways , I don't recommend the Denon for Stereo and that too their CDP . there are lot better models for that price.

David.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back