Oppo 981H or Pioneer DV 610

Guys,
Y'day got Pio-610 from Heera Panna @ 6.5K, silver color. Black not available.
Yet to hook it to my BRAVIA.

Cheers !

Guys,
Y'day got Pio-610 from Heera Panna @ 6.5K, silver color. Black not available.
Yet to hook it to my BRAVIA.

Cheers !

I had paid the same price in Feb 2009. So I guess now it should have been selling around 6k?

Shortage causes Price gain, its Economics- Demand & Supply :lol:

Very true. I was searching for this one for a long time. It was not there in Alfa and they were trying to sell me DV-420 which I didn't feel buying. Called up couple of place @ Heera Panna and ZEE Novlties @ Parle. Zee has one left as I bought from Heera Panna as they were giving me silver one for 6.6K

Several posts in the last 6 months have mentioned that the 610 was indeed out of stock with stores claiming that Pioneer had phased it out in favour of the 20 series (220, 420). In fact I was expecting a DV-620 to hit the grey market stores, but it seems Pio decided to push the 420 instead.

Sunyapu and Metalbandit - Any particular reason you are looking for the 6xx series? The 420 will be as good as the 6xx series excepting for the fact that it will not play SACD and DVD-A. It will have the advantage of being able to rip audio CDs into MP3 files.

Cheers

Sunyapu and Metalbandit - Any particular reason you are looking for the 6xx series? The 420 will be as good as the 6xx series excepting for the fact that it will not play SACD and DVD-A. It will have the advantage of being able to rip audio CDs into MP3 files.

Cheers

Hi Venkat,

I have the 610, and it has been running great since I bought it last year. Looking at the 220 & 420, I was expecting a 620, which is not to be seen on any Pioneer website. I got one Santana DVD-Audio, and have not yet been able to make out the difference on my Stereo setup. Probably will have to test on a surround system. Yes, these formats have not really taken off, and I found SACD's of only classical recordings at Rhythm House.

The 610 can also rip Audio CD's, although I haven't tried it; never felt the need.

Hi,

One of my relatives is coming from Dubai next week; for a formality, he asked me what I want from there, I took it so seriously that I would at least let him buy a brick or a cement bag, if nothing works out:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Where to find a good oppo DVD player (10K range) or pioneer DV-610 in Dubai and what will be price difference?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Where to find a good oppo DVD player (10K range) or pioneer DV-610 in Dubai and want will be price difference?

The Oppo is not available in the Middle East. They have not even heard of it.

In Pioneer, the new models such as 220 and 420 are available in Sharaf DG. The older models - the x10 series is also yet available, and I think the 610 is yet an excellent buy. To get information ask your relation to contact the following:

Pioneer Gulf Free Zone
P.O. Box 61226, Jebel Ali
Dubai, U. A. E.
Tel : 8815756, Fax: 8816414
E-mail :[email protected]

They will give you the address of a Pioneer only shop from where you may be able to get the 610. The prices will be roughly 75% of the grey market prices in India.

Of course, for about 10K you can get a Blu-Ray player from companies such as Panasonic and Philips.

Cheers

The 610 has the Mediatek chip. Haven't tried upscaling on mine since I have a CRT.

Pioneer has standardized on Mediatek processor boards for all its models. This is what they call PureCinema Progressive Scan.

I am sure the video processing of the 420 will be the same as the 610/620. I have used the 610 extensively with a FullHD Samsung 50 inch and the images were very very good.

Cheers

Thanks for the info, but its kind of strange that analog 5.1 line outs have been removed! What about people without AVR's?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back