Oppo 981H or Pioneer DV 610

Almost no 2 channel stuff .but a limited selection of AV amp and speaker packages...also they have catalouges and tell the prices and then procure the stuff..

They sell LCDs will bill n warentee ,sometimes plasma too ,but I found prices in other shops are lower.

Anyway good selection of MP3 Players,Digicams,Handycams and off the topic- perfumes ,deo , cosmetics ( so your wife/gf can be occupied)!!

cool you have options!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Anyway I do not need ore!!! The 3 ladies' in my life - My Mom,My Wife and now my Daughter (not even 2 years old) are enouh of driving me crazy!

Remember from daughter - there is a limited selection of toys available in alpha - at good price!

any suggestion on any other VFM DVDP that plays VOB files thru USB drive with comparable features to Pio 610. I mean not as expy as Oppo 981H
thx

If you are looking for features like playback of SACD and DVD-A, then you will not find anything else in the price range of 6.5-8k

Hello,

I got the following steps to play VOB files from a USB PenDrive/HD in Pio-610 from a UK forum.

I haven't checked this out myself

After you insert the PenDrive do the following :

Enter on VOB file. Wait until load file (GUI appears on DVD diplay).Press Menu.
After that on DVD display appears RESUME. Press again Play to enjoy!

You can play mpg files too with the same procedure if you rename mpg to VOB.
It works on DVP-600AV with DVP-610AV FW

Let us know the outcome if anybody tries this out

Thanks
zorro

Hello,

I got the following steps to play VOB files from a USB PenDrive/HD in Pio-610 from a UK forum.

I haven't checked this out myself

After you insert the PenDrive do the following :

Enter on VOB file. Wait until load file (GUI appears on DVD diplay).Press Menu.
After that on DVD display appears RESUME. Press again Play to enjoy!

You can play mpg files too with the same procedure if you rename mpg to VOB.
It works on DVP-600AV with DVP-610AV FW

Let us know the outcome if anybody tries this out

Thanks
zorro

To access GUI/ VOB files we need to press 'menu' first

Then when you press 'enter'/ 'play' on any vob file it simply says "can't play this format".

I have 610.

Hi hemant,

Does Alpha give the 610 for Rs 6300/- with bill and warranty? Do they ship to Chennai?

Thank you,
sri

Hi hemant,

Does Alpha give the 610 for Rs 6300/- with bill and warranty? Do they ship to Chennai?

Thank you,
sri

Hemant, I am taking liberty in replying.

NO B&W it's from grey market, and sorry, they will not ship to Chennai.
They do home deliver only in Mumbai for big items like LCD/ AC etc.

Hello all,

This is a query for those owning PIO 610 DVD player

Specs say that it can play MPEG4-AAC files. What is the file extension of these files ? is it MP4, MP4a or M4a...

Any inputs on this would be appreciated

Thanks
zorro

Specs say that it can play MPEG4-AAC files. What is the file extension of these files ? is it MP4, MP4a or M4a...

Actually it is none of these. The extension is .AAC and refers to Advanced Audio coding developed for audio only applications. This was developed by Dolby, Fraunhofer (FhG), AT&T, Sony and Nokia.

.mp4 refers to MPEG4 files that carry both audio and video.
.m4a, again, refers to files that carry only audio.

Cheers

Actually it is none of these. The extension is .AAC and refers to Advanced Audio coding developed for audio only applications. This was developed by Dolby, Fraunhofer (FhG), AT&T, Sony and Nokia.

.mp4 refers to MPEG4 files that carry both audio and video.
.m4a, again, refers to files that carry only audio.

Cheers

Because of lack of standardisation in the file naming convention, AAC files also tend to have m4a extension to emphasise the audio only property.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back