Oppo 981H or Pioneer DV 610

Hello all

What is the difference between Pio D600 and D610 ? The guy mentioned that ripping feature is the only difference. Is this correct ?

Currently there is a discount being offered by Pioneer on D600. Offered for 5.5K. No discount on D610

Thanks
zorro

The main difference is CD to USB recording in 610.

Also 600 is only available in silver colour. 610 is availlable in silver colour in India, but abroad you get it in black colour as well.

The following features in 610 could be extra, and may not be available with 600, but needs to be verified with a demo at shop:

1. It will simultaneously output digital audio on both HDMI and co-axial.
2. USB playback can output through HDMI.
3. High Definition JPEG Playback.

Grey market price for 610 is 6.5K

Good luck!

Hello all

What is the difference between Pio D600 and D610 ? The guy mentioned that ripping feature is the only difference. Is this correct ?

Currently there is a discount being offered by Pioneer on D600. Offered for 5.5K. No discount on D610

Thanks
zorro

well u can buy it in grey market for cheaper price around 6k for DV610.

Last edited:
Hello all

Yup and add the high definition JPEG too to the list.

Thanks
zorro
Well, you can bargain 610 to 9.5k for sure. I was offered that price but I took the 600AV for 5.5k.

Also 600 is only available in silver colour. 610 is availlable in silver colour in India, but abroad you get it in black colour as well.
600AV is available in black color also (it's not a glossy finish black though. I liked the silver one more.

The following features in 610 could be extra, and may not be available with 600, but needs to be verified with a demo at shop:

1. It will simultaneously output digital audio on both HDMI and co-axial.
>>> Not sure about this feature in 600AV as haven't tested it yet. But HDMI audio and analog co-axial output are simultaneous.
2. USB playback can output through HDMI.
>>>> Same for 600AV too. As of now watching a movie from a SD card and through the HDMI output.
3. High Definition JPEG Playback.
>>>> Not in 600AV.

Thank you all for the valuable inputs.

Over the weekend i bought DV610 from Misrimal (National Market, Blr). I paid 7K for the DVD player and HDMI cable.

I went home and did a sample test to ensure that it's working. The output from HDMI is amazing. I need to do a full round of test tide of various features of Video and Audio. Will post the same when i complete the test.

Regards
zorro

Are there any latest firmware upgrades for DV610 ? if so what are those.

Can i get a link for the upgrade ?

Thanks
zorro

Over the weekend i bought DV610 from Misrimal (National Market, Blr). I paid 7K for the DVD player and HDMI cable.

I went home and did a sample test to ensure that it's working. The output from HDMI is amazing. I need to do a full round of test tide of various features of Video and Audio. Will post the same when i complete the test.

Regards
zorro

Has the price gone up? i got the same from him at 6.5k 4 months back.

I have not yet updated the firmware. What are risk factors in updating the firmware. Are you aware of any dead players after firmware upgrade ?

In Pioneer FAQ site, the burn guide/upgrade procedure indicates DV600 but not DV610. I am assuming the procedure is same for 610 as well. Please clarify.

As far as color is concerned only Silver is available. I would have preferred a black one as it would go along with my other components.

Thanks
zorro

Last edited:
I have not yet updated the firmware. What are risk factors in updating the firmware. Are you aware of any dead players after firmware upgrade ?
If you follow everything correctly & cautiously, then you should be OK. I have done thrice already. There should be no power failure.
In case you feel it has hung while updating. Wait even for 1-2 hours, if required.

In Pioneer FAQ site, the burn guide/upgrade procedure indicates DV600 but not DV610. I am assuming the procedure is same for 610 as well. Please clarify.

Yes same procedure.

As far as color is concerned only Silver is available. I would have preferred a black one as it would go along with my other components.

1+:)

With modded firmware there will be no region lock.
And I think once you update with modded firmware you can go back to official version and still remain region free.

Do some more reading in Pioneer FAQ.

Reju, if by chance while firmware upgrade the DVDp is killed what are the chances for revival? or what other alternatives to get it back? no undo?

Regards
zorro

Zorro, can you let me know this shops identity? Like which floor, contact name etc? I'm planning to visit there and want to know it.

Thanks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back