Oppo BDP-103D - Unboxing - First impressions

Arjun4

I have received my Oppo BDP-103D from HTstore this evening.

Quick update on player :

Build quality and materials are just awesome, including the packing

Excellent picture clarity for movies, playing from USB and Netflix. Will test Darbee later and update

Attachments

• WP_20160130_002[1].jpg
    WP_20160130_002[1].jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 377
  • WP_20160130_005[1].jpg
    WP_20160130_005[1].jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 375
  • WP_20160131_001[1].jpg
    WP_20160131_001[1].jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 374
Wow! Rs 72,000/-. Top notch player though.

Just being naive here, is the Oppo really that expensive out here in India?

Now its not that cheap in US as well. 715$ + tax for region free player from Bombay electronics in US. Could be coz of the high rupee value against the dollar.

Congrats Arjun for the new toy.

Let us know how much Darbee really helps in terms of PQ? Also do you Darbee specific buttons on the remote/ player?

Curious to know as the price difference is big between a non Darbee model and also if D version is complete different hardware/software or an add on to non-D version.

Now its not that cheap in US as well. 715$ + tax for region free player from Bombay electronics in US. Could be coz of the high rupee value against the dollar.

In Chennai, it costs Rs. 60,000/- without warranty and Rs. 72,000/- with warranty.

Regds

On the US website it is about $500. I guess then it is shipping, customs and region free costs, which pushes it to Rs 72,000/-.

Let us know how much Darbee really helps in terms of PQ? Also do you Darbee specific buttons on the remote/ player?

Curious to know as the price difference is big between a non Darbee model and also if D version is complete different hardware/software or an add on to non-D version.

Yes it does, Darbee simply rocks !

There is one button on remote for Darbee. You can find more details on the below link

Oppo BDP-103D review - Blu-ray Players

Oppo BDP-103D Blu-ray Player with Darbee Visual Presence Review | Audioholics

Oppo BDP-103D Darbee Edition Universal Disc Player Reviewed

Thanks for letting know.
Bit surprised as I believe the OEM Marvell QDEO video chip on stock player should also be capable of displaying great visuals. They why they required third party tools?

Yuhuuuuuuuuu Congrats Buddy...!!! wen ur using a marantz receiver u would hsve gone for Marantz UD7007 Universal Disc Player.. just a suggestion though

~~ Thanks,
Rakesh.

wow...Oppo is a dream player......congrats. By the way I have attached Darbee (which costs me Rs.23000/- on ebay) to my Pioneer Blueray. The results are high clarity.

Congrats buddy! You will not go wrong with this!!! I've been enjoying the player for more than a year now and I can't seem to get enough of it!!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back