Oppo

srikarkav

Hi Guys,

Got the Oppo 980H today. A cousin of my colleague was kind enough to bring it from Singapore. It was purchased from SLT Tech Singapore for S$299.
I got it to replace my Philips DVDP. Got a CRT only. So the Oppo cant be put to its optimum use. But when i upgrade to big screen it will come into play. I can use the USB option which was not in the Philips and hear SACD and DVD-Audio when i get my hands on to some.

cheers,
sri

Congrats. Time to start on your DVD-A and SACD collection now. Believe me they are leagues ahead of the ordinary Audio CDs.

Hi Guys,

Got the Oppo 980H today. A cousin of my colleague was kind enough to bring it from Singapore. It was purchased from SLT Tech Singapore for S$299.
I got it to replace my Philips DVDP. Got a CRT only. So the Oppo cant be put to its optimum use. But when i upgrade to big screen it will come into play. I can use the USB option which was not in the Philips and hear SACD and DVD-Audio when i get my hands on to some.

cheers,
sri

Maan!!!!!!!!!!!! r u on upgrading spree?!?!?! Good for ya! Have a blast.:clapping::yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Hi Sri,

I believe you have a Marantz CDP. Would you kindly compare the stereo SQ from your CDP and that from the Oppo 980?

Regards.

Hi Sri,

I believe you have a Marantz CDP. Would you kindly compare the stereo SQ from your CDP and that from the Oppo 980?

Regards.

Great! congrats, so now you have a dedicated cdp as well as a good dvd! to top it ht and stereo amp! All set! Enjoy.
And yes how is the cd playback quality compared to the marantz cdp?

Me too am eager to know the comparison between SQ of oppo and the marantz cdp while playing audio cds
Congrats on your new purchase :clapping:

Thanks a lot guys for all your wishes.:) Yes i will try to give my impressions about the audio cd playback by the CDP and DVDP soon.

cheers,
sri

Thanks a lot guys for all your wishes.:) Yes i will try to give my impressions about the audio cd playback by the CDP and DVDP soon.

cheers,
sri

Hai Srikarkav,

Congrats on your purchase, if you permit I can rope in my Pioneer 686 A DVD with DVD-A & SACD Playback, for another source compare shootout. Pl let me know the dates.

N Murali.

Re: Oppo/pioneer 610k[black]

Dear N Murali/srikarkav

also do one think IF POSSIBLE do pioneer 610k dvd audio /sacd audio review i want to buy pioneer 610k [black ] one of my friend says now in mumbay 610 cost is 6100+,
i think oppo now in india aprox 15000+its to high for me to sacd audio/dvd audio,or suggested lower value model of oppo for dvd audio /sacd audio
thanks
somen bhowmik

dear
Hai Srikarkav,

Congrats on your purchase, if you permit I can rope in my Pioneer 686 A DVD with DVD-A & SACD Playback, for another source compare shootout. Pl let me know the dates.

N Murali.

I once again thank all the guys who have wished me.:)

@murali Hi, Should you ask for permission? It will be a pleasure to host you. You are welcome. Let us talk today or tomorrow and decide about the dates.

cheers,
sri

Congratulations Srikarkv on your new acquisition.

have a blast :yahoo:

apart from what others have asked regarding the Marantz & Oppo audio comparison I would also like to ask you to compare the DVD video quality of the Oppo & the Philips DVDP on your CRT tv

I hve dropped the idea of purchasing the Oppo since I dont see myself getting a LCD/Plasma in the near future so would like to know your views on the Oppos Video performance on a CRT.

Cheers
Rem

congrats sri,its a great player.as for comparos,what happened to the audio source shootout review by venkat??

Hi Guys,

cheers,
sri

Congrats Sri.. would be nice if you can put a review of oppo on audio and video performance.

Thanks,
Prakash

Back