Options for Surround Speakers

Flash

I need to complete my HT rig and was looking at picking up the long overdue Surround channel speakers.

The initial plan was to use the B&W 685 as surrounds or go in for a set of dipoles . However WAF has come into play.

My wife has given me 2 options
Option 1. Tiny satellites for surrounds .

Option 2. No surrounds

I prefer Option 1. :D

The speakers I finally settle down with will be powered by either my Denon 4311Ci or Onkyo NR 809 or a possibly a Emotiva UPA-2 to drive them and use the AVR's as Processor only duty

My budget for Surrounds is a max 30,000 - 35,000
However since size is a criteria.
I need options .

I was thinking of BOSE Acoustimass 5 Series III Stereo Speaker System

I will be able to hide the subwoofer out of view behind my sofa. I already have a large Rythmik Sub occupying precious real estate

Any other options besides Bose. ?
Size is a criteria

JBL ES10.. wall mountable.. looks good and avbl for $150 from USA ( amazon ).. landed cost would be far lesser than your budget if you have a way to get it here..

mpw

JBL ES10.. wall mountable.. looks good and avbl for $150 from USA ( amazon ).. landed cost would be far lesser than your budget if you have a way to get it here..

mpw

Thanks mpw
But these are the dimensions
Depth (in) 5-1/2
Height (in) 7-7/8
Width (in) 12

Pretty large. It will be a strict no no with the Wife :mad:

Interesting thread. Will be looking forward to the suggestions here. :)

How about orb speakers or lithos little one ?

or Tanonoy VR speakers.. ( mercury series ). sasta.. looks decent.. slim.. front ported and avbl for 10k i think..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back