Optoma HD21 vs Mitsubishi HC4000

nanda.uforians

Got the quote for the below mentioned full HD projectors.

1. HD23- 76K
2. HC4000 - 85k

The prices are inclusive of taxes. Which is the better option?

Also, is it ok to watch DVD movies on a full HD projector? What will be the output look like?

Thanks,
Nandakumar

Last edited:
Price seems to good.

Watching DVD movies is also an pleasure in full hd projector and most of the PJ will upscale to 1080P, which enhance the picture quality.

I do have Mitsubushi 4900 it is performing really good with DVD. However viewing distance makes good difference while watching DVD movies. I found for an 100" screen sitting at 15feet should be fine while watching DVD, so you will have very less pixel visible.

For Full HD 10ft should be fine. We will loose the fun of watching 100" or 120" screen by sitting at 25 feet:p:p

Got the quote for the below mentioned full HD projectors.

1. HD23- 76K
2. HC4000 - 85k

The prices are inclusive of taxes. Which is the better option?

Also, is it ok to watch DVD movies on a full HD projector? What will be the output look like?

Thanks,
Nandakumar

The HC4000 would kik HD23's ass all night long :D ... The price diff is quite small so the HC4000 is a much better choice... Pls post the details as to which dealers quoted these prices to help other members too...

PS while selecting HT projectors of these kind, do make sure u have a dedicated room as these projectors do lack a lot in brightness...

I have a Panasonic AR100 to sell at about 85k. Let me know if you are interested. I'll be putting it up for sale soon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It's been about 2 months. Technically not my projector. Just keeping it at my place. Used it for less than 3 weeks. My heart set on a good 46" to 55" television. House under painting for next few days. I have been out of action on this forum. Have to read up on new displays and prices.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I see that the HC4000 has only 1 HDMI input. I would like to connect both my BluRay player and DTH set top box to the projector. Is the use of HDMI splitters a good idea? Will there be any drop in quality of the pictures due to the use of splitters?

thanks,
Nandakumar

Almost all PJ's will have only 1 input. Connect your Set top box + BD player to your AV receiver inputs and it will have multi inputs and atleast two outputs./ Connect the PJ to your AV receiver output. If you dont have AV receiver Splitter is the way to go. However having owned PJ and without HT setup is not an good idea.

Regards

I see that the HC4000 has only 1 HDMI input. I would like to connect both my BluRay player and DTH set top box to the projector. Is the use of HDMI splitters a good idea? Will there be any drop in quality of the pictures due to the use of splitters?

thanks,
Nandakumar

My Son is using the Mitsubishi HC 4000 and i like what I see in his place. The Panasonic AE 4000 is another good projector to consider and it has got couple of HDMI inputs.

You can connect the Bluray and DTH HDMI output to the input of the AV Receiver and from the HDMI Monitor out of the Receiver connect it to the PJ.

Cheers

HDMI splitters come with input and output cable length restriction for input and outputs.
In case you require to buy, please let me know, I have very brandnew 1 to 2 splitter from MX. Purchased it from VINSUN.

I need a splitter that can accept more signal on the input, which is not the case here.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back