Optoma HD27HDR arrived.......

Optoma manual says "use a power strip and or surge protector. as power outages and brown outs can Kill devices"

I have to install it before playing?

Today evening I have played the projector on grey screen........ Projector have nice picture quality on grey screen in ambient light........

gkk8y46.jpg

EpTYoWT.jpg

T8OdnN8.jpg

vf61Vrg.jpg

1080p playing nicely, but not able to play 2160p contents........

I have external HDD from where I tried to play 4k contents, 2160p contents, but its giving files not supported error, I have WD Live medial player, how to 4k contents from HDD through projector?

If i am not mistaken this is the same color and cloth i am using as well. Its used as backdrop cloth by photographers. I got it from fort area in Mumbai from a shop dealing with tripods and various color backdrop cloths.
Can you check whether there is any light bleed on the back wall of your screen.
I have been using it since last 4 years and i m pretty much satisfied with the picture i get. I do hang some weight at the bottom to avoid crease as a result of knots at top on either sides.

Today evening I have played the projector on grey screen........ Projector have nice picture quality on grey screen in ambient light........

Picture seems really nice on grey screen.. What is the name of the fabric that you have used? (or) the name that is used for the fabric in the local area?..

I have external HDD from where I tried to play 4k contents, 2160p contents, but its giving files not supported error, I have WD Live medial player, how to 4k contents from HDD through projector?

You will need an Android TV box to play 4K (BR Rips) content from external HDD to projector..

If i am not mistaken this is the same color and cloth i am using as well. Its used as backdrop cloth by photographers. I got it from fort area in Mumbai from a shop dealing with tripods and various color backdrop cloths.
Can you check whether there is any light bleed on the back wall of your screen.
I have been using it since last 4 years and i m pretty much satisfied with the picture i get. I do hang some weight at the bottom to avoid crease as a result of knots at top on either sides.

same cloth, it's silky and little transparent..... my friend told me he will not get this quality cloth in the market now..... i really impressed with grey cloth its' displaying nice picture and most importanty i don't need to set room @ 100% darkness.... Do you know the shop n price? Can you post pic of your screen, wanna see how it installed?

Picture seems really nice on grey screen.. What is the name of the fabric that you have used? (or) the name that is used for the fabric in the local area?..

don't know the name but it is given by my friend, its' silky and little transparent, impressed with pics quality... next i will test white cloth on it....

instead if i buy 4k blu-ray player, will it play 4K HDR content from Ext.HDD

That should also do.. But most 4K files being x265 compression format, not sure if BR player handle those.. Anyways take your HDD to a local store and try playing them on BR player aval.. You will have first hand experience..

But Android TV box should do it as well..

Today, I done more testing by putting white fabric (which is not a screen quality) in the middle of grey screen in 100% darkness........

2z2uGeQ.jpg

VvW2CFW.jpg

raiUzWB.jpg

WrFsJCM.jpg

In 100% darkness - white screen shows more contrast as compared to gray screen, but black levels not great as compared to grey.... contrast on grey screen looks dull

In ambient light - grey screen show more contrast/clarity as compared to white screen, perfect black levels

Tomorrow getting big white fabric for testing...... lets c it's performance in ambient light

Last edited:
Today, I done more testing by putting white fabric (which is not a screen quality) in the middle of grey screen in 100% darkness........

In 100% darkness - white screen shows more contrast as compared to gray screen, but black levels not great as compared to grey.... contrast on grey screen looks dull

In ambient light - grey screen show more contrast/clarity as compared to white screen, perfect black levels

Tomorrow getting big white fabric for testing...... lets c it's performance in ambient light

Defnetly the white screen boosts the image.. I use white screen (fabric - Spandex) in my living room, and i try to cut the light falling on the screen.. This will give best picture in the dark & good picture in ambient light too..

2z2uGeQ.jpg

VvW2CFW.jpg

raiUzWB.jpg

WrFsJCM.jpg

Thanks a lot for your effort. Very informative.
Cheers,
Sid

Since Grey fabric displaying great black levels and White one showing more contrast........ I am planning to have both fabrics (also depends on costing) and installed it on two drapery rods with pulley system.... Hows the idea guys? Has anyone installed such system?

Today, I have tested the projector on White fabric, thanx to local `Mandapwala' who provided me white fabric 15x5 fts.,new cloth but with lots of wrinkles......... some snaps.....

oq4MEgq.jpg

tN1HGgi.jpg

AW205N9.jpg

XKdFJAs.jpg

MPGv0P8.jpg

contrast and black levels are good that may be because of new fabric, but 90-100 to grey fabric......contrast is very good.... IMO to finalize the thing between white and dark grey fabric, I think light grey fabric will give balance to both i.e. black level and contrast... Has anyone installed light grey fabric as Screen?

Recently visited What hi-fi show at St.Regis, Milan screen have installed 100" light grey screen but no projector was installed, therefore couldn't get demo of it.... Anyone know any shop where I can get demo of it?

Recently visited What hi-fi show at St.Regis, Milan screen have installed 100" light grey screen but no projector was installed, therefore couldn't get demo of it.... Anyone know any shop where I can get demo of it?
You can ask Milan screen for sample of the different types of screen material to check. If you get 2/3 different screen samples, can check them side by side and make your decision.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back