Optoma HD66 buy

kaptan

Please anybody let me know the best price to buy optoma HD66.

I am from chennai . where i can buy it and is any way to import.

Thanks

Dont know about where you could buy in india with warranty but you could start by contacting the person listed on their website for india sales... ::: Welcome to Optoma Asia :::

A better option(price wise) would be to source it from abroad... You can either have a friend bring it back with them or buy online from websites like amazon.com & then get it shipped to india by services such as Amarex shop & ship/ Borderlinx... Boderlinx shpping calculator gave me a price of 37K for the HD66 including shipping & custom duties...

On a more personal note I would like to state that buying projector is not something you do everyday so take the time to research & choose wisely... Also the Screen is also very imp so take time to research that too... Also as projectors are a one time purchase I would personally recommend buying a 1080p projector like the epson 8350 or the optoma HD20... although the diff in 720p TV vs a 1080p TV might not seem much in projectors you can defiantly see the diff...

Try them... They will help with any problem arises with the PJ.

B&H Photo Video are one of the best online shops for camera equipment in the USA.

The contact details are

India Liaison Office
B&H Photo Video, India
# 304, Gera Chambers,
Off. Boat Club Road, Pune - 411001
Maharashtra India

Phone Numbers
Toll Free from India 1.800.22.8008
Direct Line 020.30521900

Try them... They will help with any problem arises with the PJ.

B&H Photo Video are one of the best online shops for camera equipment in the USA.

The contact details are

India Liaison Office
B&H Photo Video, India
# 304, Gera Chambers,
Off. Boat Club Road, Pune - 411001
Maharashtra India

Phone Numbers
Toll Free from India 1.800.22.8008
Direct Line 020.30521900
Are you saying that B&H India will recognize warranty even if someone imports PJ from B&H USA?

Are you saying that B&H India will recognize warranty even if someone imports PJ from B&H USA?

Yes, somewhere here read one member had problem with his PJ buy and they have taken some initiative... Not followed later the thread, will dig it.

Yes, somewhere here read one member had problem with his PJ buy and they have taken some initiative... Not followed later the thread, will dig it.

Wow if this is true I would certainly consider them the top pick to buy from.. Also it would mean we could buy extended warranty from b&h USA :) ...

Hey guys..here is my experience. I was considering buying a PJ since last 6 months and about 2 months ago I got a deal on HD20 on ebay.com (PJ in Canada, Dealer ships free to USA). The cost of the PJ was at discount as it was manufacturer refurbished. I got the PJ for INR 34xxx and paid through SBI card via paypal. It got transported to me from Canada in 12 days through Amarex shop and ship. (about 7 days from Canada to USA + 4 days from USA to India). Transportation charges were quite reasonable at INR 42xx.

I had asked the retailer to show the cost as $350 only. So in fact i sould have been charged about INR 12xxx by customs, I sneakd in by paying only INR 52xx.;)

Here the misfortune strikes me and when I check the PJ, I starts giving problem and goes dough after operating for 5 mins. I go online and on hifivision.com and found out that many people had such problems, even those who had bought brand new units (Mine is a Manufacturer refurbished..that means new but refurbished...not brand new...though to my eyes it looks as new as it could be).

I took the PJ to digicomp in Nehru Place, New Delhi. There I was told that the Main board had to be changed. I dont know how they came to know that coz the engineer had had a single glance at the PJ. I was told that the equipment had to come in from Bangalore and its gonna cost me INR 13000(MB price)+1000(service charges).

I had to pay Rs 14728 finay for the repair work(NO US warranty honoured here):mad:. Though I knew all this coz I was prepaired for that.

So here is the distribution:-
1. Rs 34xxx - PJ cost
2. Rs 42xx - shipping to India
3. Rs 52xx - customs (should have been Rs. 12xxx but acted a lil smart here;))
4. Rs 14728- repairs

Final price Rs 581xx. Far less than what I would have got in India. And with the repairs done the final price is equal to what I would have got the brand new unit for from USA. All in all a little hassles bust the most economical way of getting the a PJ. I must reiterate for those who have doubts...the PJ is new, Not used, returned to Optoma by some store and then sent back in the market by optoma after refurbishing. I came to know later that even if i would have bought a So called brand new peice, the problem which occured could have happned then also.

Hope this helps those who are considering to buy a PJ. Specially those who can't make many trips to US.

hello denny mushtang.
after reading ur post i was sorry for a projector enthuastic person to see him, land in a problem like this . had u not tried to enquire pjs in india, after all u paid a extra cost. ur post also alerted me to c the genuines of the dealer b4 buying the pj. i think it is better to buy pj from india rather than outside , bcause we can see the stuff b4 buying it and take a demo look at the condition rather than paying 1st online and then geting it . it is riskfull deal .only thing is that to keep a good faith on storeperson. u can always cancel the deal if u dont like the stuff (pj). so better in india for a more price. it would be more safer to buy huge led tv than pj . but pjs are pjs u cant avoid them. v v thanks for a very useful post like this

Please give me the prices of the projectors in India.

The safest and the most reliable way of getting the prices will be to find out the authorised dealers from the websites and call them. I dont think some one here can provide you with the information you are seeking as most ppl do not have the kind of insane money at which the projectors are sold here in India and thus try to get them imported from US. So if you have the money..Rs 72K(around) for HD20 and Rs 56-60K for HD-66..go to optoma site and find out the dealer. The most reliable and the cheapest way will be by asking some of your friend to get it for you from US...

In India the prices may differ from state to state and even dealer to dealer. You may consider grey market if you have access to some. The products arre original and bought from other countries as legal but without warranty in India.

This is India so even if you buy from an authorised dealer..do bargain.

may you get the best product for your hard earned money.

The price is 37k including all cost?

Srry for my late reply... Yes 37k is the estimate I got for the HD66... Amazon price is $599 & calculates the shipping through borderlinx.com ... See below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit You can also try out Shopyourworld.com... They have a link on their website to amazon with price in Rs which includes shipping & duties for items with weight upto 5KGs as the shipping weight of HD66 is about 4KGs whatever price they show you will be the final price... here is a screenshot of the price of Rs37700 given by shopyourworld.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
soor for a long break on hifi.
if ur in mumbai optoma hd 20 for 75.000 rs rest is on bargain
market price in range of 65,000 to 75,000 max
pooja electronics mumbai central gave me a cot of 65,000 for a brand new pj box pack 3-4 mnths ago u can still enquire give u the nos
rest if u want to deal in pansonic then in andher u have the shop,
hi end audio video shop they mostyl sell panasonic. in irla parle u have alpha but in pjs i did not get the best price.
the nos r
pooja electronics 02223526634
The shop dn nagar- 02226204710
other i found in lamington market monarch infotech a god shop for pj
they sell some warranty pj also
if anything is still there let u know
thks byee

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back