Orbit Turntable

canchi

Hi Folks,
Am looking to buy the Orbit Turntable from U Turn Audio in the US. Has been labelled as an "audiophile" turntable at low cost. However the power supply is not compatible with our 220v.

I wrote to them on this and this is the reply I got -
"Thanks for considering our turntable! Unfortunately, since the Orbit uses an AC synchronous motor, it will only work on US and Canadian power supplies."

Can I use a step down transformer and make use of this turntable? Am planning to buy this through a friend who will bring it here by hand.
Cheers!

Hi Folks,
Am looking to buy the Orbit Turntable from U Turn Audio in the US. Has been labelled as an "audiophile" turntable at low cost. However the power supply is not compatible with our 220v.

I wrote to them on this and this is the reply I got -
"Thanks for considering our turntable! Unfortunately, since the Orbit uses an AC synchronous motor, it will only work on US and Canadian power supplies."

Can I use a step down transformer and make use of this turntable? Am planning to buy this through a friend who will bring it here by hand.
Cheers!

The problem is the frequency of the mains which is used as a reference to set the TT Speed. even if you step down the voltage, your frequency will still be 50Hz, not 60, so the TT will run at the wrong speed

Oops, my bad! Posted wrongly in movies, could the mods shift this to the phono/turntable section?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back