Ordered some stuffs from AliExpress - Worried about receiving

What if someone spits sputum inside an air-tight plastic bag and packs it and shipps, Wont the virus survive the trip then? We can't trust the Chinese. They will definitely try to spread the virus in to our country, if they get the chance. Thats what I am concerned about. I have seen many videos in which the Corona infected people deliberately trying to spread their infection by spitting on things that public use.

Well, I lived in London for couple of years and have visited 25+ countries in my life including few poor/developing like Ghana, Ethiopia, Morocco - I can say with full confidence that our country/people are right up there with the worst when it comes to cleanliness/basic hygiene/respecting law.

The Chinese have left us far behind and hence if we need to worry about any one spitting on parcels or taking leaks on the road and someone even mentioned faeces - its the citizens of of our great country.

As for Alibaba itself - I am a big fan - Have graduated from Gearbest and Banggood to Alibaba three years back and I order something or the other every second day. Items ordered during mid Feb got delayed in shipping. Items ordered in Jan have reached me and items ordered in the past week have been shipped. My Blon BL03 reached after their stipulated 60- days or so promised period last week. Firstly, they apologized for not delivering within the promised period and refunded me 30 dollars and the package reached the next day!!!

Have ordered & recieved multiple items from ali express...but the last order dint reach me , the seller resent the item but still not reached...its over 3 months now...i doubt it will come.
(Both the times i was able to track my package till calcutta..after that no news)
They give a refund if it doesnt get delivered within the promised timeline. I just got one refund in feb

Recieved my order a couple of days back.
For the very first time i was charged customs duty.
My order was a wet suit for 37$ including shipping , custom charges 1500rs collected by the post man.
So i guess if custom duty is charged & for the amt of time it took to reach me for a small order (4 months) shopping from ali ex dosent sount interesting at all ,

My order was a wet suit for 37$ including shipping , custom charges 1500rs collected by the post man.
So i guess if custom duty is charged & for the amt of time it took to reach me for a small order (4 months) shopping from ali ex dosent sount interesting at all ,
Dont burst the bubble wraps, let the Chinese air along with potential corona viruses are kept trapped in those bubbles :) .....
Just kidding... :)

I have ordered 100+ items from Aliexpress and the only time I had customs issue was when i got a 70 dollar drone. Including your experience, it is safe to say that our customs go squarely on the size of the package and not the contents or value.

I have ordered 100+ items from Aliexpress and the only time I had customs issue was when i got a 70 dollar drone. Including your experience, it is safe to say that our customs go squarely on the size of the package and not the contents or value.
I have ordered over 500cds, 100 blurays and dvds over 15 years from various international websites and have not been charged even once. Recently got charged Rs.800 for a small parcel of 3 cds valued at Rs.1500. The postman told me from December they are opening every parcel and assessing the value and charging accordingly. I know 2 other people who got charged similarly this month.

Finally, I received my package and opened them with confidence. No corona infection so far.
The funny part is, I have named the Sun glass as Corona, so when my friends ask about the name of the brand, I just tell them its Corona Glass:D

Finally, I received my package and opened them with confidence. No corona infection so far.
The funny part is, I have named the Sun glass as Corona, so when my friends ask about the name of the brand, I just tell them its Corona Glass:D
Were you charged customs duty?

I ordered few PSU capacitors from Aliexpress back in Jan and the package arrived yesterday. I received the parcel and isolated it, haven't opened yet. I'm planning to get the caps out and immediately get rid off the cover and package, possibly burn them.
I ordered a potentiometer as well from a different seller on Aliexpress the same day i ordered the PSU caps, but the shipping has not started till March 3rd and now in-transit, so i'm expecting to receive this one by April.

For the parcel i received, there was no customs charge.

Now, is it okay to open the parcel bare hands? Does capacitors need any treatment before soldering them?

I ordered few PSU capacitors from Aliexpress back in Jan and the package arrived yesterday. I received the parcel and isolated it, haven't opened yet. I'm planning to get the caps out and immediately get rid off the cover and package, possibly burn them.
I ordered a potentiometer as well from a different seller on Aliexpress the same day i ordered the PSU caps, but the shipping has not started till March 3rd and now in-transit, so i'm expecting to receive this one by April.

For the parcel i received, there was no customs charge.

Now, is it okay to open the parcel bare hands? Does capacitors need any treatment before soldering them?
Yes it is OK. Just today heard BBC that virus stays on hard surface for 72 hours and on fabrics etc. very low hours. Thing is when such pandemic occurs people take precautions. So do take precautions now that it has spread to India too. Burning the disposable package would be little extreme step just wrap it in old newspaper and dispose it.
Regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back