Ordered some stuffs from AliExpress - Worried about receiving

Thanks for the clarification

With aerosol transmission possibility, max survival outside body is less than 5 days so it won't survive that long in sputum, no need to worry. You can use surgical spirit as I explained earlier.

Don't go by propaganda videos, Chinese are as much human as we are. Humanity isn't dead my friend, this video series shows the amount of care a healthy husband is taking of Corona infected wife in Wuhan...

Thank you for the clarification sir. Hope I will Open the package now without fear.

Don't open it. Ship it straight to me instead. I'm one of the "insane". I doubt the virus will survive me. :)
definitely, my friend

Actually I am no Doctor but generally speaking all viruses need a specific kind of environment to survive like dampness etc.
Most probably the virus will not survive the transportation.
Please let us not press unnecessary panic buttons!
Sure Doctor. Point taken.
Like I said, I will open the package without fear now.

I believe this thread will provide some clarity and will take away the fear from all those people, worried about whether or not to accept the packages from china.

This is what is called pressing the panic button.:)
I am a doctor myself and have received multiple packages from Aliexpress since November. But lately there seems to some delay in the delivery of these orders.
There seems to be a delay for all international orders. Customs are operating in slow motion these days.

Have ordered & recieved multiple items from ali express...but the last order dint reach me , the seller resent the item but still not reached...its over 3 months now...i doubt it will come.
(Both the times i was able to track my package till calcutta..after that no news)

corona virus can spread through packing and during trans portion ,please do not accept package from china .your life and our life is atmost important than av products,
If virus spreads in India you will be caught first , be careful. :cool: ;)

would not like to comment on tragic event in china. Hope everything gets to normal soon.
- - -
But for those who bought and waiting just give local municipalty fumigation guy 50 Rs. he will not only fumigate your parcel but the courier guy too.
images

just kidding :p

would not like to comment on tragic event in china. Hope everything gets to normal soon.
- - -
But for those who bought and waiting just give local municipalty fumigation guy 50 Rs. he will not only fumigate your parcel but the courier guy too.
images

just kidding :p
Hahaha....I love how the kids are doing a dance in the fog.
The situation is quite tragic, no doubt. As mere mortals we can just hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed!

Hello, just accept it without fear. Don’t burn and pollute the air. I have received around 8 parcel in those days and even one yesterday. All is good so far. No worries. Just as @drkrack says to use surgical spirit, may be a solution.

GoogleBaba says most (I repeat most viruses) dont survive for more than 24 hours. Some if given dry/humid low temperature condition can survive for few days. And some rare can survive for weeks. So I think mostly we are safe. But we dont know much details about Corona virus so if your packages is packed and if it ususally take weeks to arrive and conditions are hot (Our typical weather) we are safe. but still if anyone wants to be safe take precaution keep objects in hot warm condition for a day or two. wash your hands after handling. Suitably discard the original packaging. Use suitable disinfectant.
https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...irus-survive-on-any-surface/story/396252.html
Regards

Hi all,
I ordered a 12Volt Trigger Cable and a Sunglass from AliExpress a month ago before the outburst of the Corona Virus. I havent received the package yet, but now I am concerned about accepting the package as it comes from China.
So, Should I accept the package when it gets delivered to me or shall I reject the package or shall I throw away the package without opening it.
How safe is it to accept the package?
We should avoid purchasing any item from aliexpress at this time knowing the risk involved.

We should avoid purchasing any item from aliexpress at this time knowing the risk involved.
I think we are safe with orders as explained above. Orders take more time than the virus can affect. I believe it propogates by humans. The link says broadly they can survive only in low temp and dry surfaces
Regards.

Receive the parcel and quarantine it for a week/ month/ year; till the time you feel that it's safe to open the package.

I believe that it's futile to fumigate, which works only on insects and sterilise, which acts only on living things like bacteria; not on Virus which border between living and non-living. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sir, I received around 25 odd parcels from China and I am stil receiving. I keep checking with the postal authorities. They yet are not infected and nor am I.
The virus to be alive need certain conditions to survive, given a time lapse of around 30 days on average for the parcel to arrive India from the date of booking, I don’t feel that the virus can withstand
Receive you parcel without any fear.

I ordered a usb 3.0 hub for my PC. The shipment just reached Chennai airport Authorities today. Any idea as when it will be delivered to me based on your recent parcels. (to those who recently received aliexpress parcels).

Cheers!!!

I ordered a usb 3.0 hub for my PC. The shipment just reached Chennai airport Authorities today. Any idea as when it will be delivered to me based on your recent parcels. (to those who recently received aliexpress parcels).

Cheers!!!
in 3 days

EDIT: just noticed you are in Chennai, so may be less than 3 days.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back