Denon 1612 ordered from Amazon, now looking for matching speakers..

kray

Hi All,

Thanks to this forum, I was able to decide on my AVR finally. Its Denon 1612, and I ordered it from Amazon.de yesterday!

Now the unbearable wait starts......:p

Honestly, this post is more about thanking you guys than anything else. I have gone through probably every post on AVRs, speakers in past couple of months and gained huge amount of knowledge to become almost a Pseudo expert from a novice!

On the flip side, my initial budget of 40K now extended to 80K! :D But I am not complaining.

However, I also wanted to share with you my initial shortlists, which were Denon 1312/1612, Onkyo 5400, Yamaha 471 and Marantz. Since my requirement is 50% movies, 20% gaming and 30% music, I wanted a good AVR which can do all these things pretty well (but most imprtantly movies).

Based on this, I zeroed in on Denon 1612, and auditioned them with Polk Tsi 300, Tsi400, Wharfedale 9.5 and found them excellent for my requirements.

However, I was still concerned as the overall package was still going beyond my budget (at around 90k+). So I finally took the plunge and booked it from Amazon yesterday.

Now, I would request you to provide your valuable suggestion on speakers. I have shortlisted Polk Tsi300 and Wharfedale 9.5 for FS, will add surrounds next month.

So, please let me know which one I should go for.

Polk sets had better higher frequencies based on my inexperienced ears. However, I really liked Wharfedale more as it had somewhat neutral pitch with good tight bass. Even without sub it sounded great, punchy. But Wharfedales are higher priced at around 32 K while Polks are around 21 K (Tsi 400 is for 28K). Tried Jamo too but didnt like them much, plus they are higher priced for my budget.

Now, I want your opinion on them, while I wait for my 1612 :D

Let me know if any other speaker I should audition and where in Delhi/NCR.

Thanks again guys !

Cheers!

you can try Heco victa 700 for FS and other 100/200 for CC/surround through amazon.de

try to audition this with your AVR from any member or showroom near your place and then you can decide. I am suggesting this purely on price performance factor for Heco brand(it cost around 450 Euros for 5.0 you can check in amazon.de). I am planning to audition this next month for my yamaha RXV571 from another member's place in bangalore and decide.

rg,
saravanan

Hi All,

Now the unbearable wait starts......:p

Based on this, I zeroed in on Denon 1612, and auditioned them with Polk Tsi 300, Tsi400, Wharfedale 9.5 and found them excellent for my requirements.

However, I was still concerned as the overall package was still going beyond my budget (at around 90k+). So I finally took the plunge and booked it from Amazon yesterday.

Now, I would request you to provide your valuable suggestion on speakers. I have shortlisted Polk Tsi300 and Wharfedale 9.5 for FS, will add surrounds next month.
I am sure the wait would not be very long.. amazon.de ships very fast....
Well I would suggest you to not to go for Floorstanders with 1612,... consider suggestion from other forum members too.. Stick with good bookshelves ... u can audition the Polk Audio s Rti A3 too.. and for surrounds dont spend more than 15 k.. u can go for small bookshelves or Wharfadale 10 .DFS..(Chek out Hifimart group buy section for the same)..

MY 1612 arrived in 2.5 days flat for Germany!!

Now planning to audition for the final round to finalize the speaker set. Yahoo and M.S.Sara - many thanks for your inputs. Will try to auditon them RTI A3 and Wharf 10.

But I am not sure where I can audition Heco Victa here :(

Let me know if there are any other speakers that I should audition.

Hii Kray,
I was also looking for Denon 1612, I tried it from Amazon many times, however, it always said; cannot ship to your address "Hyderabad - India" Could you please suggest me that Amazon link, that would ship to my place? Next question is, how the import duty is charged on any purchase from Amazon?
Thanks,
Shiva

Now planning to audition for the final round to finalize the speaker set. Yahoo and M.S.Sara - many thanks for your inputs. Will try to auditon them RTI A3 and Wharf 10.

Congrats.........denon 1612 is a good choice. Do not go with the wharf diamond 10 series, has been a big let down. The 9 series are better, so stick with diamond 9. I would prefer the wharfs over polk since I like a warmer sound. But polk Tsi are great for movies being a bit on the brighter side. Tsi400 are really great speakers.

You can also try Mission M35i, Mission MX3, and wharf vardus 400.

How much did 1612 cost ? Can you give a break up ? Here Profx is offering for 28k. I am very much interested in going for it. Your input will be of great help. Thanks.

Hi Shiva, you should try amazon.de, it doesn't ship all items but it will ship 1612. They charge customs during checkout. In my case it was around EUR 50. If u have a int ernational visa card, u can also avail additional discount of EUR 30. Will share the link later in case you are unable to find it.

Cheers

How much did 1612 cost ? Can you give a break up ? Here Profx is offering for 28k. I am very much interested in going for it. Your input will be of great help. Thanks.

It costed me around 19k including everything. The final price was euro 185, after euro 30 discount of for my visa card. Then euro 40 was shipping and rest customs. Ordered on Sunday late night, received Wednesday noon..

As for India, you may get it for 25-26k, so I would suggest you to check with few other dealers in your city and then decide.

amazon.de might work out cheaper but don't you guys want warranty, should anything go wrong.........is there any international warranty applicable in India?

Akash, there is no warranty for amazon items, so its only advisable to buy from them when price difference is at least 30%+. However for denon, I have read through many posts here which suggests that you can also avail paid service for demon brand in India...so it was ok for me.

Regarding your speaker suggestions, I also liked wharf more...but its also priced higher..so I am trying to get the right price for wharf in my area.

I think Amazon offers warranty from Germany, it will just take longer.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

It costed me around 19k including everything. The final price was euro 185, after euro 30 discount of for my visa card. Then euro 40 was shipping and rest customs. Ordered on Sunday late night, received Wednesday noon..

As for India, you may get it for 25-26k, so I would suggest you to check with few other dealers in your city and then decide.

Thanks for the info. The trouble is when I try to place the order for 1612 it says "the item cannot be shipped to India" :( Do you still have the link for this item through which you placed the order?? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the info. The trouble is when I try to place the order for 1612 it says "the item cannot be shipped to India" :( Do you still have the link for this item through which you placed the order?? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004W1LWLY/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Unfortunately, the prices have increased. Plus, it seems Amazon's own stock is not available anymore, so these are sold by third party companies which may not ship to India. I bought it from Amazon itself where they were shipping it directly to India and the prices were lower too!

I would suggest you to check the prices for next couple of weeks regularly, and buy them as soon as you get a good offer (from Amazon directly).

Cheers!

Here is the link: Denon AVR 1612 5.1 AV-Receiver (3D, HDMI, 5x 120 Watt, UKW-/MW-Tuner) schwarz: Amazon.de: Elektronik

Unfortunately, the prices have increased. Plus, it seems Amazon's own stock is not available anymore, so these are sold by third party companies which may not ship to India. I bought it from Amazon itself where they were shipping it directly to India and the prices were lower too!

I would suggest you to check the prices for next couple of weeks regularly, and buy them as soon as you get a good offer (from Amazon directly).

Cheers!

Thanks a lot kray :)

Today I placed order of Denon 1612 from Amazon.com and it is of same price <20K as of Amazon.de. Website told me to it will reach in next 10 - 15 days. Waiting patiently and I will get some time to decide on speakers.

Yesterday, I took demo at Pro-Fx showroom in Bangalore and I quite like it as per my requirement. Initially I was thinking of 2 channel amp for music but now I will use this AVR for Music and Movies and TV.

Only question is whether it would be of 110V AC? Members please let help me if you had placed any order from US.

Today I placed order of Denon 1612 from Amazon.com and it is of same price <20K as of Amazon.de. Website told me to it will reach in next 10 - 15 days. Waiting patiently and I will get some time to decide on speakers.

Yesterday, I took demo at Pro-Fx showroom in Bangalore and I quite like it as per my requirement. Initially I was thinking of 2 channel amp for music but now I will use this AVR for Music and Movies and TV.

Only question is whether it would be of 110V AC? Members please let help me if you had placed any order from US.

Congrats it will be 220v dont worry...

It will be 110v, prepare to buy a step down transformer.

It will be 110v, prepare to buy a step down transformer.

Oh yes, I just now realized that it will be 110V :mad:. I cancelled order now and looking for Amazon.de. But there is no seller who will ship it to India.

I placed cancellation request. Decision taken in haste. :sad:

Back