Ordering from UK with Royal Airmail Standard

plasmoid

I order cds regularly from UK and always choose Royal Mail International signed for - so I can track the parcel. This time the seller by mistake mailed by Standard Airmail. I mailed the seller and he responded saying that if I don't receive it in 2 weeks, he will refund the entire order amount. He has already refunded the entire shipping cost.

I just wanted to know if Standard Airmail takes longer and honesty I'm scared the parcel can get stolen by the customs/postman as there is no way to track it :sad:. I am more concerned with getting the cds than the refund as they are out of print and rare. Have any of you had any experience with this? Please help:sad:

I always use Standard mail, generally you should get the parcel within 10 days after shipping via Standard Mail. And chances are rare for lost/steal, our India Post is also reliable, so have faith and patience... you should have that parcel soon.

In this post GST period, there is a stronger likelihood of signed-for packages to go through the Customs wing of India Post. Duty is now 41.8% for all items valued at Rs.2000 and above. I had a small (but expensive) item that came in on 3rd July by signed-for post. I was asked to clear it at the Customs office after showing 'Proof of payment'. Thanks to a perverse ruling that applied between July 1st to 13th, the duty payable was 84%. (It's now back to 41.8) . I passed on it, and sent a request to the UK supplier to have it returned by India Post. Once it reaches, a refund will be arranged.

Standard post is safe, and unlikely to come to the notice of Customs. I have not lost a single package via standard post, nor ever paid duty.

In this post GST period, there is a stronger likelihood of signed-for packages to go through the Customs wing of India Post. Duty is now 41.8% for all items valued at Rs.2000 and above. I had a small (but expensive) item that came in on 3rd July by signed-for post. I was asked to clear it at the Customs office after showing 'Proof of payment'. Thanks to a perverse ruling that applied between July 1st to 13th, the duty payable was 84%. (It's now back to 41.8) . I passed on it, and sent a request to the UK supplier to have it returned by India Post. Once it reaches, a refund will be arranged.

Standard post is safe, and unlikely to come to the notice of Customs. I have not lost a single package via standard post, nor ever paid duty.

I received a signed-for post parcel just 2 weeks back. Value was around 8K but it just sailed through customs without any charge.

Just this May I lost a parcel to Standard Airmail.
The seller,thankfully,sent the item again using "international tracked" and it reached in 9 days.
Though on a couple of earlier occasions I did receive them promptly but non-tracked parcels are always a bit dicey.
I remember the postman commenting "Yeh registered bhi nahi hai,aise hi aa gaya"

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back