Our Heritage Our Pride!

soulofmusic

Listing some of the must see lesser known movie from bollywood glorious past...

1. Balika Badhu - For the romantic souls. One of the most innocent love story ever made. Wish love was this simple :) Most of you would have heard the immortal song 'Baade Aache Lagte Hai'. Ever wondered where that song came from? Though it was a remake of a bengali movie, but who cares. It was real gem.
2. Mere Apne - A Gulzar gem. A touchy movie with Meena Kumari in a whole new avatar. Again a remake of bengali cinema.
3. Ek Ruka hua faisala - Indian incarnation of `12 angry men. You get to see what Pankaj kapur is made off.
4. Angoor - Most of you would knw and wud hv seen this. But wonder how many know its based on Shakespeare play "The Comedy of Errors" and this story was used in a b&w hindi movie much before angoor. But Gulzar was so convinced abut the story that he decided to make his own.
5. Koshish - Just enjoy the legends - Sanjeev Kumar and Jaya Bhaduri. Its an era! Though a remake of Tamil Movie - To me Sanjeev and Jaya never left me any hope of original being better.
6. Chasme Badoor - A next door story. Njoy the SP take.
7. Khamosh - A rare Amol Palekar THRILLER
8. Namkeen - Sanjeev Kumar and Gulzar duo - Simplicity at work
9. Buddha Mil Gaya - HM another gem. Remember the song "Raat Kali ek khawab mein aayi??"
10. Kora Kagaz - Never though Vijay Anand was that gud, until i saw this... Jaya is one of the all time greatest... no second thought...

The list can go on and on... leaving for others to contribute...

I knw... this being a hifi forum....these might not be "lesser known"... but juz to relive the glorious days..... add ur best few

Needless to say... i hv them all backed up :D

5. Koshish - Just enjoy the legends - Sanjeev Kumar and Jaya Bhaduri. Its an era! Though a remake of Tamil Movie - To me Sanjeev and Jaya never left me any hope of original being better.

good list.

in my opinion, these two are the best actors that india has to offer by a long margin, not amitabh or kamal or aamir. And danny as villain:)

NFDC films in general are also very good. Some of the titles worth watching -
Jaane Bhi do yaroon
Ek ruka hua Faisala ( which has already been listed)
Suraj ka satva ghoda
Ek doctor ki maut

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back