Owners Thread of Panasonic TH-P42X30D - Settings & Features Discussion

thanks... will try it tonite

my TV has USb/Sd port and DLNA certification and other required stuff..
bought it last month but didn't knew about enabling Divx... i thought it's already inbuilt

Well there is some sad news with my set. There seems to be image burnin in my set. I had bought this set last year early June. Within month I completed 235 hrs with burn in slides and all the proper precautions. Thereby I used to run BAR scroller for 30 mins every week. Since October
I had stopped runing those bar scroller and never looked for any burnin. Yesterday just before going to bed I remebered about it. With my living room light switched off turned on the TV and saw POGO imprint on the screen (my 4 yr daughter watches this channel from afternoon 2:30 till 6). It was kind of shock to me and at the same time recalled that I forgot about running those slides or bar scroll. Even my daughter who was sent as a spy to check why i was taking time, said what is that POGO channel logo on the screen. :)
Currently running some noise videos, lets see if this resuces the burnin. Well it should be noted that when I switch on the light, I dont see that logo, until I make effort to find it. Currently i can live with it. trying my best to reduce it. If you guys have any better solution, please pour it.
Also for the member who own it, Please run the slides every week or month for 1 year. (take it with pinch of salt.)

Hi Rajesh,

Im so sorry to hear that but I just spoke with Hemant from Panasonic from where I bot the TV and he mentioned that in X30D this burn-in problem is not there as Panasonic uses G14 panel and its free from this issue...not sure how u got this...did u check with Panasonic? I think it shd be covered under warranty...

Let us know..

Tc
Abhi

According to companies, plasma burn-ins have been addressed to a great extent
which is claimed to be one of the improvements on G14 Panasonic panel over G13 panel.
It is more out of precaution that we are discussing it and trying to do it diligently., afterall this an expensive baby and for guys like me almost once in a lifetime purchase:).

Yes ur right Kannan...Just cross checked with my dealer...

Hi Rajesh,

Im so sorry to hear that but I just spoke with Hemant from Panasonic from where I bot the TV and he mentioned that in X30D this burn-in problem is not there as Panasonic uses G14 panel and its free from this issue...not sure how u got this...did u check with Panasonic? I think it shd be covered under warranty...

Let us know..

Tc
Abhi

It is incorrect that G14 panel is devoid of this burn-n issue, even panasonic does not say that anywhere, it has been addressed to some extent (probably a great extent).

Hey hi there...
cud u pls explain this process in detail. I m not sure whether my TV is DivX enabled..

In X30d there is an option to check the registration number which can be used to register your TV at Divx site Register Your DivX Device | DivX.com

After you download the Windows based software you can register your device & convert movies in Divx format in desktop, laptop or USB....I downloaded some HD movies and converted them via this Divx software to be played in TV...worked very well..

Try it and let us know if u face any issues..

regards
abhinav

Oh ok...got ur point..
yes my laptop has HDMI out...how to use this?

Sorry brother, its not HDMI port...its something else which looks like HDMI :sad:

However I connected my laptop via VGA cable (15 pin) to the TV and played videos from my laptop. the clarity was awesome but only picture was coming and not sound.......sound was coming from the laptop which was very low for a 10x22 hall...

How to get the audio output also in the TV? Do I need to use any other cable with it? Pls let me know the settings..

Thx
abhinav

Then is it a false info given by my dealer :sad::annoyed:

Burn-in is not an major issues to be dealt in such details with G14 series. I was only stating a fact that it has not been removed 100%. But with a little care you can make your TV 100% secure from burn-ins.
Please enjoy your purchase, it is an awesome TV.:)

Sorry brother, its not HDMI port...its something else which looks like HDMI :sad:

However I connected my laptop via VGA cable (15 pin) to the TV and played videos from my laptop. the clarity was awesome but only picture was coming and not sound.......sound was coming from the laptop which was very low for a 10x22 hall...

How to get the audio output also in the TV? Do I need to use any other cable with it? Pls let me know the settings..

Thx
abhinav
for audio use a stereo to rca cable to connect laptop to the monitor in of yr tv

Burn-in is not an major issues to be dealt in such details with G14 series. I was only stating a fact that it has not been removed 100%. But with a little care you can make your TV 100% secure from burn-ins.
Please enjoy your purchase, it is an awesome TV.:)

Thank you so much Kannan...Trust me I am really enjoying it...everyday I purposefully spend time to watch it for 4-5 hours:yahoo: especially Star Movies HD....yesterday night watched Indiana Jones and today morning after waking up first thing i did is switched on the TV and set Star Movies HD....watched "Stealth"

I just loved the smoothness of the picture and the color combination...Im happy with my decision...Thx to HifiVision for helping me take this decision...:clapping:

Take care
Abhinav

Abhi:

We spoke about how to find the usage details of X30D:

Check this post by Manu79 in one of the old treads on X30D

http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...-x30-exciting-features-look-7.html#post248425

Read his instructions carefully and do it.... Lemme know if it works. :)

Rdgs

Thanks Baala....the instructions looks scary & its not 100% guaranteed as per Manu so I am little skeptical in following those...who knows something goes wrong...

this line is even more scarier "The steps listed above should be used with caution and will be your sole responsibility " :rolleyes:

better to check this with the showroom guys and follow at home...

if u get a chance to check this let me know...otherwise when I will go to buy my cam i will check this as well..

will keep u posted..

tc
abhi

One thing I wanted to ask all the members here, what do you think about the sound quality of x30? Because I am not a tech-spec sort of guy and all i understand is that this tv sq is better than the philips crt which i was having before. I have set it to surround on and even at vol 1 or 2, i can still hear the dialogues 18 ft away. I am quite happy.

But still i want 2 buy a cheap HT system for around 10-13k. I have set my eyes on the new sony HT which comes at 12k odd. Could anyone pls tell me if i have to consider philips or pana again? or any other brand not exceeding 13k.

Thanks

One thing I wanted to ask all the members here, what do you think about the sound quality of x30? Because I am not a tech-spec sort of guy and all i understand is that this tv sq is better than the philips crt which i was having before. I have set it to surround on and even at vol 1 or 2, i can still hear the dialogues 18 ft away. I am quite happy.

But still i want 2 buy a cheap HT system for around 10-13k. I have set my eyes on the new sony HT which comes at 12k odd. Could anyone pls tell me if i have to consider philips or pana again? or any other brand not exceeding 13k.

Thanks

Freak,

I am pretty happy with the SQ of X30D...I am using Mode= User with V-Audio Surround with some modifications in Eq...listening it from 20 ft at 30 volume....working very well...

never used Philips so cant comment on it...but this one rocks..

I tried below settings (shared by Baala confidently after he confirmed in showroom) to check the TV usage hours and switch on times & they worked very well -

- Hold down V- on the TV and press "Info" button 3 times on the remote
2- Press 2 to get to SRV-TOOL
3- Press OK to Enter
4- Navigate to Bottom Right Hand Cell using the Directional Buttons on remote
5- Hold Down "Mute" for a Few Seconds it should display the used hours and
number of times the set was switched ON
6- Press "EXIT" for few seconds to come out of this menu (The TV will reboot).

The only point where I faced some issue is in point 6 EXIT...I pressed EXIT 20-30 times, may be more but the SRV-TOOL didnt go away so I had to switch it off from the power button on TV. After that it worked fine.

After running the TV for 1 week for several hours (4-6) a day I got the usage hours as 37:15 hours and switch on/off count as 38 which is pretty much reasonable & justified. I am sure these settings wud have been 0 had I checked on the first day...Thanks to Manu79 for sharing these settings in the thread below -
http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...-x30-exciting-features-look-7.html#post248425

Take care
Abhinav

I did some search on the net regarding this and it's just 'image retention' i guess and not a 'burn-in'.

It's correct Vikram, It's not burn-in . It's image retaintion. This problem is there in X30 models'. I got to know about it from TV Manual. There they have specially mentioned that dont keep still image for much time or same channel because still image or logo can create image retaintion problem. It is also not covered under warranty. For this they have eco mode & auto adjustment. this actualy change the contrast rate automatically if no signal recieved based on room brightness(like golden Eye in old CRT)... It also does auto off is will not do anything.
To solve this thing.. Better to keep changing channel at the time of commercial adds. In Movies ..any logo is very rare(if you r playing thrugh DVD or USB)..and dont keep your photo for a long time... I on the Eco mode.. Picture setting is normal.. May be it will work...

Thanks a lot again friends for making me a good purcahse of X30D ( I got a better Tv, Big screen & also saved money as well . I was before planning to purchase 32" Samsung D5000).
I got installed it at 3:00Pm Friday :) . Technician came before 40 min the times he given me and installed it properly. Thanks to Reliance Digital, Inorbit Mall for good service. Service was good however the guys were not very much technical as they dont have much info regaring TV functionality. But it does'nt matter me bcause i am a Software guy knows well how to use and u all are here my friends to help me...Thanks in advance all.
I have connected my tv with my old Videocon D2H SD. Going to upgrade to HD soon. Picture quality was superb even in HD. I seen some white fog lines in Sony MIX(Top & bottem) which i never seen in CRT. For sound i dint like sound of X30D, connected it to my old Altec Lansing Speakers 5.1. I am getting a very good sound. Felt ultimate sound . Even far better when i connected to my old CRT. When i connected speaker with new X30D and started it.. My wife was surprized with sound quality. It was amazing. X30D dont have good speaker but have superb sound enhancer, converter.

Frinds want to ask some question's :
1. In my building we have separate transformer for my building. Should i buy a seprate surge protecter, Stabilizer. ( Reliance guys was selling Belkin one's for around 1500/-)
2. I want to connect my TV with my Laptop. It can be done by using VGA cable. Could you let me know whcih cable will be good. Branded or any vga cable. If i will replace my existing local AV RCA to 3.5 mm cable to branded one , will it make much difference.
3. I tried to connect my laptop to Tv using Cross Lan Cable. It was connected properly however it gave me a error that server not found(008). When i go through the Media Server Connect in Viera Tools. It showed me my system & showed me a wma Video ( default video in my video's folder of my documents. I am using Window 7 Enterprise Edition on my Lappy. Could you please let me know how how to make it Media Server.
4. I am running Scroll bar. could you please let me know. For howmuch time minimum , i should run this scroll bar.

Thanks in Advance.
Anshul Goyal

Many of them warned me against Airtel DTH! Should have listened to your words. Experienced the worst customer till date with them - before even getting the connection!!

Damn the Auto Strike - still waiting for the delivery of my TV as well!!

Back