Owners Thread of Panasonic TH-P42X30D - Settings & Features Discussion

Hi All,

With all your help I was able to finally decide on buying 42' TH-P42X30D Plasma TV. Today I got the delivery of my first 42' TV & I am really excited to play with it when it comes to settings and features. Hence I am strating this thread so that all the owners of X30D can discuss the various features of this beautiful piece.

Suggestions are invited on how to make the best use of it. Right now the TV is running on the default factory settings & I have started reading the manual to make it better.

Looking forward for an active participation from all the owners.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Abhinav

where did you purchase your panasonic x30d tv in Bangalore.

bought it @ 38k from Croma Chandigarh, got free 5.1speakers and dvd player(philips mrp 9k but market price is around 5k). I exchanged my old(very very old :p) tv for 2k, so paid 36k total.
looking forward to playing it

It looks like a codec issue with that MP4 file..I tried some other MP4 files and one video recorded from my Panasonic FZ150 cam in MP4 format and all these works absolutely fine...:clapping::yahoo:

Hi Abhi: Hope you are doing well!!!

I caught (new successful buy of yours) that buried in between the lines :p ..... Congrats on your new FZ150!!!! :clapping:

Hope you got a nice deal for that too... I am back in the forum after almost 2 weeks.... Yet to write my experiences....

I am going out to see a few media players and HT systems.... I will be sitting later tonight to write a bit about my initial experiences and questions.....

Catch Ya Later!!!!:)

Rdgs/ Baala

where did you purchase your panasonic x30d tv in Bangalore.

Hello Chungs,

I bot it from Panasonic, Dickenson road...concerned person Hemant..bot at for 33k...immediately next week Baala also got it for the same price...im very very happy & satisfied on my decision...really enjoying the PQ....:yahoo:

tc
abhi

Hi Abhi: Hope you are doing well!!!

I caught (new successful buy of yours) that buried in between the lines :p ..... Congrats on your new FZ150!!!! :clapping:

Hope you got a nice deal for that too... I am back in the forum after almost 2 weeks.... Yet to write my experiences....

I am going out to see a few media players and HT systems.... I will be sitting later tonight to write a bit about my initial experiences and questions.....

Rdgs/ Baala

Thx much Baala...yeah I bot the cam on 2nd March...and trust me the picture & videos are better than what I expected...I must say that Panasonic is doing a great job...Shot Holi pics & the colors n pic clarity are so nice that all my friends are asking which cam it is...etc etc...needless to say I got the best deal on this too...and on top of it I am amongst top 10 people in India to buy this cam (as per Vinod, Area Manager Digital Cam Bangalore) :eek:hyeah:

I will wait for your comments on media players and HT systems...

take care
abhinav

I cant play subtitiles in mkv file, I tried the mkv on pc the subtitles work fine there. Is anyone else facing this problem?

Hello Chungs,

I bot it from Panasonic, Dickenson road...concerned person Hemant..bot at for 33k...immediately next week Baala also got it for the same price...im very very happy & satisfied on my decision...really enjoying the PQ....:yahoo:

tc
abhi

please post pictures of your tv showing some channel

Thanks for sharing your views Panny. I completely agree with you on point 2 & 3. However havent noticed anything on point 1. I have observed that some mkv files gets played fine, some gets played without sound and some doesnt play at all. I dont know whats the reason but Im in search of the reason...looks like some codec issue....

Reflection is the only issue I feel we shd be worried of or look workaround for. Especially during day time.....night time although with lights on it works fine but without lights it work fantastically....great audio, great video in HD....have watched almost 20-25 movies on Star Movies HD ever since it came....im just loving it...

The reason some mkv files don't play is because their audio is DTS encoded which is not supported by this model. Some mkv files also have a header encryption which this TV does not recognize. You need to strip the file of this header.

The workaround is to re-encode the audio to AC3. You can do this by Popcorn's audio encoder.

PopCorn MKV AudioConverter 1.86 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

On the same site is the mkvmergeGUI which will strip the header.

mp4 files or any size play without any issues. I have a 2GB movie of the immortals and it played smoothly. Again, check for audio compatibility.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your movies.

Was amazed by the blacks of the TV. Here's a resized image which I took from my cam:

34grlvo.jpg

BTW: This is not HD content. It's a HDTV rip playing through my xbox.

Last edited:
@chungs, it is cheaper by Rs. 1000 om letsbuy.com. However you can get cheaper bargains with local dealers if you persist.

Anyone using WIFI with this?

And can someone tell me how to connect my macbook(with mini-hdmi) to this tv?
Will i need 2 cables for this?

@chungs - Yes it is cheaper in stores than flipkart. When I bought mine X30D from Pai, Bangalore about 10 days ago, on Flipkart the price was approx Rs 35950, whereas I bought it for Rs 34000 with 8 months interest free EMI and Zero processing fees. Also got their lucky draw coupons, which if I am lucky, can atleast get something worth Rs 500. So better buy it in a local shop.

Also it was installed and ready to view within 2 days. If you order thru flipkart/letsbuy, you need to wait for atleast 1 week.

I would suggest you to buy at a local store. Bargain very hard. The dealers have to close some deals to meet their target for this month end targets and also financial year end. Also you will get some Ugadi offers.

Hello All,

I just bought my 42X30D for 33250 (including delivery)...Paid the money at 8:00 PM, had the TV at home at 9:30 PM, Installed and ready to use by 9:40 PM....

Bought it from Unilet, Indiranagar, Bangalore...playing the burn in video...I wonder if its really necessary? The dealer told me that there is nothing to worry about burn ins.

It feels nice to watch TV on big screen!

Hello All,

I just bought my 42X30D for 33250 (including delivery)...Paid the money at 8:00 PM, had the TV at home at 9:30 PM, Installed and ready to use by 9:40 PM....

Bought it from Unilet, Indiranagar, Bangalore...playing the burn in video...I wonder if its really necessary? The dealer told me that there is nothing to worry about burn ins.

Congrats Darshan and welcome to the proud owners of X30D :clapping:

Hello All,

darshan congrats for the new tv.
Please Post video playback of the tv showing a channel(post in youtube). I want to see how smooth is the playback.I Have already seen pictures but not yet seen its video playback smoothness.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back