Owners Thread of Panasonic TH-P42X30D - Settings & Features Discussion

Kannan,

Thx 4 ur suggestion. I checked playing external videos via USB and they also show the same issue as airtel dtv.

I called up Panasonic engineer and airtel dtv engineer and they both said its not their problem so im stuck :mad::sad:

what next??

thx
abhinav

Sorry!!! couldn't call you back after our call. I was away from Bangalore for a personal emergency....

Please try a factory reset as echo77 is suggesting. I genuinely hope it is a one off issue and it gets resolved with a factory reset. After we spoke, I tried keenly noting for any such issue, but I couldn't find any... it is as normal as it was the first day (touch wood).

Also, did the panny engineer give a visit to your house to see it? If you are getting it even in USB pictures, then it is 120% covered in warranty and they have to correct it or replace the unit (Please insist on them visiting your house).

I will try to come to your house tomorrow or the day after to see it once. Will call you.

Abhinav whether sound quality is good from P42X30D itself or should we go for any home theater. Which home theater u have gone for.

@ Chungs: I am using it in a 11.5 x 12.4 room and it is fairly decent. But you need to keep fiddling with the volume (by reducing) to understand dialogues and to enjoy effects (by increasing). Best option is to have a HT....

I am planning to buy a Onkyo 3400 / 3500 (If I am buying it will mostly be with Abhi only...) ....

Let us know what you decide....

Rdgs/ Baala

Hello All,

I just wanted to share my opinion about the usage experience.

I did use a bit of the burn in video to let the machine sink in but then I got exhausted with the overnight playing. I decided to stop using it and have not used it for about more than a month now. I have had absolutely no problems at all. I see no burn in issues. Moreover, if you get real close to the TV, and notice the still images (or any other pixel) on the screen, you can see that the pixels change colour rapidly (this is supposed to be the anti burn in feature). Made me relax about the burn in predicament.

My TataSky HD receiver is simply out of the world in terms of quality. Overall, it has been an amazing combination. I hope it stays that way for a long way ahead.

Greetings to the fellow X30 Owners.
This is Ashoka and I will soon be joining this group since I have booked (and one of my friend too) X30 from Devi International, Banglaore.
The stock was not there so the delivery is promised on this thursday.

Will soon be sharing my experience once I got hold of it.
Thanks to the TS and others for sharing experience which made me go for this TV:)

Yesterday got the delivery of my new Pana X30D as promised by the dealer.
I have not yet received any calls from the Panasonic engineer.

I had booked the TV last week and since it was out of stock after 6 days i have got it.
But on the box the month of import is mentioned as "Dec 2011". So my question is, even after waiting for new stock is it possible to get a 5 month old product?
Any suggestion would help a lot.

Ps: Me and my friend both booked the same tv and both of us received yesterday.Even his box says "Dec 2011".

Yesterday got the delivery of my new Pana X30D as promised by the dealer.
I have not yet received any calls from the Panasonic engineer.

I had booked the TV last week and since it was out of stock after 6 days i have got it.
But on the box the month of import is mentioned as "Dec 2011". So my question is, even after waiting for new stock is it possible to get a 5 month old product?
Any suggestion would help a lot.

Ps: Me and my friend both booked the same tv and both of us received yesterday.Even his box says "Dec 2011".

What price did you pay?

Installation completed and I have already started enjoying the TV already:clapping:
I have a local set top box facility and eve with this the PQ is quite amazing.
Tried few AVI files and the clarity is just fantastic:) Totally happy

Just checked the usage hours and its 2hr 39 minutes( of course i have been using it for more that 2 hrs now)..
So all es well.
Will be posting my experience once i spend sufficient time with it..

Got my X30D delivered today. The Installation was smooth. Wall mounting will be done on Monday as the service engineer didn't bring the drilling machine as it was held up at some other place( Actually he came on my request for stand mount). I got it from ebay. Checked the usage hours and it was 0.There were no signs that the set was a used/demo piece. The service engineer was surprised that i got it for 29990/- as this model is around 38k-40k in Palakkad,Kerala. I too checked up at some shops over phone before purchase and thyr were quoting around 38k-40k. I checked up in chennai too . There the price was 35990/-.

Exited about my new TV. Going through this forum I have understood that the burn in issue can be overcome by following simple steps. I have done the following. Have i missed out some please point out

1. Zoom 1 or zoom 2 to hide the logos
2. Picture settings below 50( i have set 49) brightness 0
3.I found a setting called Scrolling bar under Picture menu. How frequent should i run this?
4. What are burn in slides and burn in videos?
5. How frequent should i keep changing the channels?
6.For How long should i do it. For first 100 hours ???

Kindly help keep my new TV in good condition for a very very long time.

Got my X30D delivered today. The Installation was smooth. Wall mounting will be done on Monday as the service engineer didn't bring the drilling machine as it was held up at some other place( Actually he came on my request for stand mount). I got it from ebay. Checked the usage hours and it was 0.There were no signs that the set was a used/demo piece. The service engineer was surprised that i got it for 29990/- as this model is around 38k-40k in Palakkad,Kerala. I too checked up at some shops over phone before purchase and thyr were quoting around 38k-40k. I checked up in chennai too . There the price was 35990/-.

Exited about my new TV. Going through this forum I have understood that the burn in issue can be overcome by following simple steps. I have done the following. Have i missed out some please point out

1. Zoom 1 or zoom 2 to hide the logos
2. Picture settings below 50( i have set 49) brightness 0
3.I found a setting called Scrolling bar under Picture menu. How frequent should i run this?
4. What are burn in slides and burn in videos?
5. How frequent should i keep changing the channels?
6.For How long should i do it. For first 100 hours ???

Kindly help keep my new TV in good condition for a very very long time.
I forgot to add that the carton shows the month of import as March and the back side of TV shows the month of manufacture as February 2012. Enjoying my first BIG SCREEN TV. My Kids and my wife love it.

Hello Faisal,
Congratulations for the new TV purchase. I think you have got a wonderful value for money TV at a steal price. When I was making an enquiry, I got the quotations around 34-35K as a best price.
Enjoy your purchase & post us your viewing experience.
Cheers

'Panasonic TH-P42X30D' - Kunal (Mumbai)

Hi Friends,

I am overwhelmed to join the group for 'Panasonic TH-P42X30D'.

I purchased my new TH-P42X30D from Vijay Sales,Andheri (W) at Rs. 30,200/-
on 31st March 2012.
I am currently using 'in digital' digital cable service (IN digital – the country's largest cable Multi System Operator – A Hinduja Group company) in my locality (Andheri-East/Mumbai).

Although I purchased my TV month back, I haven't tried to play with its settings yet. But today while going through the posts, I came to know about the initial handling,burn out settings etc. which is quite useful information shared. (Thanks a lot !) :)

Some of my queries are:
1) Have anybody getting a background humming noise while watching the TV with cable/set top box? (I am getting this only when my cable is on and not when I am watching movies with PD's)
2) Have anybody observed back panel heating? (according to Panasonic guy its normal for Plasma to emit heat)
3) To avoid burn out issue I am planning to switch channels/switching off my TV on regular intervals....Is it a right way?

I will be sharing my experience soon with all my friends ! :)

Best Regards,
Kunal

Hi Friends,

I want to use DLNA of Pana X30d however when i trying to use Tversity Media Server, I am not able to play video. It is giving error as "can not read file". Could to suggest me how to play video using Tversity or any other Media Server.

Regards
Anshul Goyal

the humming sound is due to excess voltage in the cable system (could have been avoided by proper earthing by cable operator) . this cab be overcome by using a capacitator based pin(connected to stb) . tversity doesn't work. it does connects but does not play any file. twonky works without any issues.

Hi Friends,

Issue resloved !:)

After lot of analysis, switched to HD set top box now by paying 3000/- for HD box and very much happy with the over all perfoarmance.
No humming, no heating at all for my Panasonic TH-P42X30D.:licklips:

I request you to go for HD set top box only for Panasonic TH-P42X30D as its worth viewing HD quality channels on Plasma TV than using only Digital set top box.
Altough, there are plenty of HD channels now, you are having an option to select those only which u really need & want to view in HD.
(Like me - Discovery,NGC,Animal Planet etc.)

Best Regards,
Kunal.

Hi Friends,

I am planning to build my home theater system in future with my existing Plasma TV.
Somewhere I read that it is must for the AV system to have a proper voltage stabilizer to protect all connected devices from voltage surges.

I search on net and come across 'V Guard Digi-200' (cost approx-5000/-) as most of the peoples suggested.

Did anybody have connected their plasma TV with any voltage stabilizer?
If Yes, please guide me and other group members too.

Best Regards,
Kunal.

Should i buy a stabilizer for my plasma Tv. I already own one Numeric UPS which i purchased with my Desktop PC which is not in use now as I work on laptop most of the time. Can I use the same UPS as they too stabilise the voltage,etc

Should i buy a stabilizer for my plasma Tv. I already own one Numeric UPS which i purchased with my Desktop PC which is not in use now as I work on laptop most of the time. Can I use the same UPS as they too stabilise the voltage,etc

The UPS has square wave output. Not sure how good that is for TV.

Yes Faisal,

To protect the TV from random power surges, u should have a voltage stabilizer connected.
You can also have UPS/Inverter but for Plasma TV, the UPS power rating should be enough to protect it. Instead of this costly solution, u can have a voltage stabilizer (for safe < 1KVA or < 1.5 KVA)
After searching I have finalized on 'V Guard Digi-200' (cost approx-5000/-) for protecting my complete home theatre system.

General Features of 'V Guard Digi-200':

Model - V Guard Digi-200
Meter Type - Digital
Capacity (kva) - 6 Amps
Mounting Type - Floor
Indicators - Yes

Applications / Compatibility -
1 Plasma/LCD/LED/3D TV (Television) + Home Theater + DVD/DTH + Digital Music System + Electronic Weighing Machine / Photostat Machine / Selected Medical Equipments / Computer / PCs / Printers / Tread Mills upto 6Amps

Extra Specifications -

Extra Features & Specifications
High Voltage Cut-Off at 290 V input (240V output)
Calibration Accuracy upto +-2.5%
Efficiency Greater than 95%
Input Voltage Range : 90V-290V
Output Voltage Range : 200-240V (from input 167V-290V)

Salient features :

Line Noise / Spike Protection
Generator Compatibility
Low / High Voltage Cut-Off
Performs in a wide input range
Primary Switching Technology
Zero Cross Detector Technology
Over Load cut-off with automatic rest

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back