Owners Thread of Panasonic TH-P42X30D - Settings & Features Discussion

Sorry All,

I was away from the Internet over the weekend (Had a long weekend in Karnataka). I guess Abhi posted the video link much before I could have read the request.

I have noticed that there are only two refresh rates mentioned in the "Picture" settings. I was under the impression that the refresh rate is 600 Hz. I use TataSky HD receiver for TV. Would the refresh rate change for different devices like TV receiver / DVD player / Blue Ray player / Computer.

Kind Regards
Darshan

Hi...i have been to few stores to see X30D...and enquired about the burn in issue. All of then have been saying that issue is no more there... Please confirm do we still have to be careful about the burn in issue. Also they claimed if that was the case then most of the display units are plasma n they dont keep changing screen to kill burn in issue.

Hi All,

With all your help I was able to finally decide on buying 42' TH-P42X30D Plasma TV. Today I got the delivery of my first 42' TV & I am really excited to play with it when it comes to settings and features. Hence I am strating this thread so that all the owners of X30D can discuss the various features of this beautiful piece.

Suggestions are invited on how to make the best use of it. Right now the TV is running on the default factory settings & I have started reading the manual to make it better.

Looking forward for an active participation from all the owners.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Abhinav

Abhinav whether sound quality is good from P42X30D itself or should we go for any home theater. Which home theater u have gone for.

Last edited:
Manish, I think it is better to take care.

Bought this TV from Vijay Sales on 23rd paying 33.5 K. As it is initial stage, I am also taking care about this. Currently I using Normal Cable (Without Setup Box) and Thanks to Signal Booster, The Image get cleared after some time

Ajay thanks for your reply.
I am concerned coz most of the time it would be used by my mom or wife and cant expect them to take care of it. If its just being used by me then i can surely be careful about it...

Review of my first flat TV Panasonic P42X30D -

Pre-Purchase :
- two days invested in going through Sites, Blogs and hifivision.com

Cash Payment :
- Allowed me 5% relief on Croma 37999/- price tag (thats the max bargain I got)

Delivery :
- in 6 hours

Installation :
- Unpacking of Box and screwed 8 screws and my plasma was ready in 30 minutes

PQ & SQ :
- set as per default
- Connected Creative 5.1 Audio
- Connected PS3 for BlueRay and Gaming
- Connected WD 1TB External HDD

PQ - Awesome for BlueRay and BDRip movies, Rich Black (waiting to complete 100 Hrs)
SQ - Good for Serial Viewing, 5.1 does rest for Games and Movies

Images looks OK but loved to watch my HD video recording

Network :
- No wifi dongle (Please suggest one)
- With wired, checked firmware and found updated, logged in Facebook (SAD my microsoft wireles keyboard mouse did not detect)

DLNA/UPnP :
- TVersity Media Server from my Desktop connected (Movies not playing, Need to check Video Setting)
- BubbleUPnP Media Server from my Samsung Note connected (Movies played)

Demo :
- Waiting for a call to give Demo to Engineer ;)

Thanks Guys for your reviews which made this purchase and I love it :)

Connected HDMI from Asus Media Player to TV But when on, it is shows 576i HDMI not 1080p. does everything is normal or some thing wrong is there?

Friends,

I hope you all are enjoying your X30D. I just wanted to bring out a strange behavior of X30D which I have been observing for last couple of days. I dont know whether I will be able to explain it properly or not but here is the problem I have been facing -

The picture quality is somehow not that good especially when i see faces. I see that the faces are not natural and looks artificial or poster type. There are some strange (orangeish) shades on the face which looks like the face is kinda painted....not sure if someone else has observe this or not but i have been noticing this and its on all the channels(HD or non-HD).
Earlier everything used to be fine and i was really enjoying the PQ but its no more the same :(

I just called Hemant (Panasonic guy) from whom I bot this TV and explained this issue to him. He said he will log a call to Chennai and a technician will come to my place to check on this.

Please share your opinion on this & help me fix this problem asap.

Thanks
Abhinav

Try playing a movie disc from another source like DVD or Blu Ray, if you see the same problem it should then be with the TV and not on account of your set top box.

Try playing a movie disc from another source like DVD or Blu Ray, if you see the same problem it should then be with the TV and not on account of your set top box.

Kannan,

Thx 4 ur suggestion. I checked playing external videos via USB and they also show the same issue as airtel dtv.

I called up Panasonic engineer and airtel dtv engineer and they both said its not their problem so im stuck :mad::sad:

what next??

thx
abhinav

Hey, does anyone use the wifi dongle with this plasma? Can you tell me which applications can be accessed through wifi?

The model is DLNA certified, so u can access movies and music files on the network and other built-in network features like facebook etc.

Friends,

I hope you all are enjoying your X30D. I just wanted to bring out a strange behavior of X30D which I have been observing for last couple of days. I dont know whether I will be able to explain it properly or not but here is the problem I have been facing -

The picture quality is somehow not that good especially when i see faces. I see that the faces are not natural and looks artificial or poster type. There are some strange (orangeish) shades on the face which looks like the face is kinda painted....not sure if someone else has observe this or not but i have been noticing this and its on all the channels(HD or non-HD).
Earlier everything used to be fine and i was really enjoying the PQ but its no more the same :(

I just called Hemant (Panasonic guy) from whom I bot this TV and explained this issue to him. He said he will log a call to Chennai and a technician will come to my place to check on this.

Please share your opinion on this & help me fix this problem asap.

Thanks
Abhinav

Did you change any PQ settings? Reset to factory default and see what happens.

Yea that's what am asking.. what are these inbuilt apps? is youtube there?
Nothing much. A Facebook app and an internet radio station. Suggest try connecting to the internet using LAN, if possible, and try various options before buying a wifi dongle

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back