Owners Thread of Panasonic TH-P42X30D - Settings & Features Discussion

It has faded away. The side bars can been seen only in very dark scenes.

Hope this issue will resolve very soon. Have you compared your TV with Samsung D450 or E470 in term of picture quality. Have you faced any problem related to watch a movie through USB Pen drive or HDD. Is this TV reliable??

Re: possible uneven backlight panel---XT50

@lcdfreak,

Please do not flood all the threads with the same post. You should post in one thread only that is relevant; in this case the XT50 thread.

Thanks for understanding.
:)

Hope this issue will resolve very soon. Have you compared your TV with Samsung D450 or E470 in term of picture quality. Have you faced any problem related to watch a movie through USB Pen drive or HDD. Is this TV reliable??
I only did only a casual comparison at showrooms. Online reviews and the 3 year warranty (only by Pany AFAIK) sealed my decision.

Works perfectly with PenDrive and HDD. Only the format has to be compatible. Samsung is supposed to lead with compatibility with most codecs.

Can anyone explain me how to keep original aspect ratio for SD n HD channels, as I am trying to keep 4:3 for SD channels n 16:9 for HD channels permanent

Hi,
I am new year. I have TH-P42x30D for the last one year and am enjoying it. But for the .mkv and mp4 files which have problem either displaying or audio.
After, going thru this thread, I learnt a lot about my TV.

The firmware of my TV is of 2014 and I want to upgrade it to newer version which is 2015.

My question is, Can I use pen drive to install the firmware or I had to use a SD card for this? and if so - any specific size of the card? as the slot seems to be bigger in the TV.

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reviving the thread after a long time!!!!

Hope all you guys are still 'flat out' by this beauty (as I am) :D

I was wondering on, how to connect a wireless keyboard and mouse to X30D? I tried connecting my Dell Wireless mouse and the TV didn't recognize it.

I could not find any setting also, in the TV for the same.

Have anyone tried the same/ using it? If so, please guide me the steps for the same.

Also, please let me know, the best (read cost effective :p) wireless keyboard mouse combo, that I can buy for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bala,

Great to know that everything is going great. I had a minor issue yesterday. The display was way too bright. I was worried and called up tech. It was some component issue which had melted because of the lightening. However, now replaced at no extra cost and things are back to normal.:yahoo:

I am not sure why you want to connect keyboard and mouse as there is pretty much nothing you can do with it. I am using my TV as a computer screen by connecting my laptop through a HDMI cable and works perfect.

Hi Bala,

Great to know that everything is going great. I had a minor issue yesterday. The display was way too bright. I was worried and called up tech. It was some component issue which had melted because of the lightening. However, now replaced at no extra cost and things are back to normal.:yahoo:

I am not sure why you want to connect keyboard and mouse as there is pretty much nothing you can do with it. I am using my TV as a computer screen by connecting my laptop through a HDMI cable and works perfect.

Hi Vikram:

Nice to hear back from you after a long time. Trust you are doing fine!!!

Good to hear that, the issue was small and got resolved immediately.

I actually wanted to connect a wireless keyboard to use the facebook etc... it is extremely difficult to type anything on the tv using the on-screen keyboard....

I too use my laptop on TV thru' HDMI.... to watch movies or youtube sometimes and that works perfectly....

Sorry for digging old thread

Any user, please confirm about following setting

SPDIF Selection
Auto
PCM

are you able to see this setting?

I am having a problem with my Panasonic X30D. I tried turning it on yesterday after a long time. Been busy with work and have not regularly used it.
What happens is that it clicks and the green light comes on. Then the green light switches off and the there is no light left on the TV. No screen display or nothing. When I switch it off and on, same problems again.

Checked with Panasonic Service Centre and they are saying a service charge of Rs 1416 + tax + parts.

What could be the problem? Is it an easy fix? No warranty left obviously....:)

Thanks for all the suggestions and help in advance.

Thanks Neeraj for the reply.
Just to update you guys. The TV turns on sometimes and works as normal. Then the next time I try to turn it on the same problem occurs again.

TV is working again now. The new problem is that HDMI works, None of the composite ports work including component inputs. What could be the problem and how to fix it? I am game to open up the TV and try to fix it, if possible? :)

I did manage to fix the standby problem on my own and any suggestions are welcome.

Do you need ports other than HDMI? composite and component inputs are outdated and by trying to repair the set you risk damaging the set and zeroing it. If it's working on HDMI then why bother!
The problem is that I need composite ports because my Denon AVR has only composite or component outs so tuning the AVR through the TV is out. Thus composite outs become important. If my AVR had hdmi then of course composite ports would be irrelevant.

Hi I am trying to repair my Panasonic plasma TH-P42X30D. I have an unusual problem. h
The TV works fine. Both audio, video and HDMI is fine. The problem is that AV inputs AV1, AV2 and AV3 don't work. The screen shows white and black horizontal wavy lines on the screen continuously. Is it repairable without changing the board?

I am repeating the comment in the desperate hope that someone can guide me as to how to fix it. I don't want to replace boards as it becomes an expensive repair. Hoping someone technical can help me. Thanks in advance.

Hi I am trying to repair my Panasonic plasma TH-P42X30D. I have an unusual problem. h
The TV works fine. Both audio, video and HDMI is fine. The problem is that AV inputs AV1, AV2 and AV3 don't work. The screen shows white and black horizontal wavy lines on the screen continuously. Is it repairable without changing the board?

I am repeating the comment in the desperate hope that someone can guide me as to how to fix it. I don't want to replace boards as it becomes an expensive repair. Hoping someone technical can help me. Thanks in advance.
Hi Vinod,
I am assuming only digital video and audio is working and analogue is not working. It's the same board for both.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back