Owners Thread of Panasonic TH-P42X30D - Settings & Features Discussion

bay.in has an offering for Rs.29.9K, Look too tempting for the deal breaker.

NEW! PANASONIC 42 INCH PLASMA TV TH-P42X30D - 3 YRS. WARRANTY! | eBay

purchased from the above seller on 19/4/2012 and got the TV delivered on 21/4/2012. The Seller shipped on the same day. Would have received on 20th had it not been some issue on the state border( Blue dart wanted identity proof to be submitted at the state border). Super fast delivery. Date of Manufacturing on the TV is Feb 2012 and Date of import is Mar(year not clear but obviously 2012). TV is great. DID NOT RUN ANY BURN IN VIDEOS but taking care that i don't see the same channel for more than 30 min. PQ is very good. I am using the SD CISCO STB.

HD Should be great though have not run any HD videos.
Sound Quality is OK but cannot comment as i am not a sound buff.

Tried DLNA features twonky 7 works without any problem. Found a cracked full version of twonky 7 and working fine when i connect my laptop to my TV directly using the LAN Cable.

Planning to buy home theater system . Budget is around 10000/-. DVD Player not required in the system as the mediaplayer in the TV should be sufficient for my requirement.Kindly SUggest a system.

WELCOME P42X30D OWNERS, can anyone post the video of sd channel of p42x30d tv. I have seen only hd channel through abhinkoi.I am very keen to buy the tv.

I am interested in F & D F6000 HTS. Will it be good with my X30D. The price on ebay is around 7700/-. I think it is available for around 6000/- in Delhi. Where can I get this in chennai and suggested price...

Got my X30D delivered today. The Installation was smooth. Wall mounting will be done on Monday as the service engineer didn't bring the drilling machine as it was held up at some other place( Actually he came on my request for stand mount). I got it from ebay. Checked the usage hours and it was 0.There were no signs that the set was a used/demo piece. The service engineer was surprised that i got it for 29990/- as this model is around 38k-40k in Palakkad,Kerala. I too checked up at some shops over phone before purchase and thyr were quoting around 38k-40k. I checked up in chennai too . There the price was 35990/-.

Exited about my new TV. Going through this forum I have understood that the burn in issue can be overcome by following simple steps. I have done the following. Have i missed out some please point out

1. Zoom 1 or zoom 2 to hide the logos
2. Picture settings below 50( i have set 49) brightness 0
3.I found a setting called Scrolling bar under Picture menu. How frequent should i run this?
4. What are burn in slides and burn in videos?
5. How frequent should i keep changing the channels?
6.For How long should i do it. For first 100 hours ???

Kindly help keep my new TV in good condition for a very very long time.

Where did you buy it from?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Where did you buy it from?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

from ebay. check my earlier post for the link. but the seller has sold all the 81 pieces he had in just 25 days. It was selling like hot cakes. I dont think you will get it for 29990/- with 3 yrs manufacturer warranty. I saw some other sellers selling this tv for 29900/- but was wit 1 year dealer warranty. dealer warranty is risky.

Hi Guys,

Anyone please tell me how to check panel usage hrs.

1- Hold down V- on the TV and press "Info" button 3 times on the remote
2- Press 2 to get to SRV-TOOL
3- Press OK to Enter
4- Navigate to Bottom Right Hand Cell using the Directional Buttons on remote
5- Hold Down "Mute" for a Few Seconds it should display the used hours and
number of times the set was switched ON
6- Press "EXIT" for few seconds to come out of this menu (The TV will reboot).

Might sound like a noob question - but I believe this is a HD ready TV correct? with max 1024 x 768 resolution and not 1920 x 1080?
I myself have a P42V20D which is Full HD, but this will be for my parents and I think even HD ready will be more than enough for them.

Please advise.

Yes. This is a HD ready TV with max 1024 x 768 resolution. I would decide to go for a Full HD or HD ready based on the viewing distance. If the viewing distance is at least 8 feet P42X30D should be good enough.

Image retention

I have been using X30 for few months now ( around 1600 hrs).
From last few days I noticed image retention from the airtel logo and the side bars (visible when watching SD channel). Any one else has this problem? I was assuming image retention/burn in was not a problem anymore with plasma TV's

I tired running the scroll bar for few hrs and tried watching full screen content for few days now still the bars and logo are visible .

Re: Image retention

I have been using X30 for few months now ( around 1600 hrs).
From last few days I noticed image retention from the airtel logo and the side bars (visible when watching SD channel). Any one else has this problem? I was assuming image retention/burn in was not a problem anymore with plasma TV's

I tired running the scroll bar for few hrs and tried watching full screen content for few days now still the bars and logo are visible .

This is a bad news and scares away new plasma buyers, wonder why cant companies overcome this long-standing issue...

This is IR and since you detected it late, it will take some days to go. Burn in is when you can see the IR even when another channel is on - when those phosphors are burnt in and do not change color.

Everytime before you shut off, switch to TV mode and keep the black and white blinking dots on for 2-3 minutes (for your case... otherwise 20-30 seconds is fine). Since you can still see the IR after scrollbars, it may take a few days for it to fully go. You can also use the burn in white scroller - note that it uses 100% bright scroller, so I am not sure how good it is to be used for long duration.

I would also suggest you to watch SD content full screen to avoid the side bars. That way, your channel/DTH logo that has caused IR will also be shifted towards the side and help you ease out of the IR already caused.

Hi there, am planning to buy this TV for my MOM.
Could the owners suggest what's the best price offered for this TV with Warranty?
Also, should 1 yr warranty be preferred or 3 yrs if there's a cost difference?

And, would you guys recommend this Plasma TV over 40" LED by Samsung which is sold around 33-35K, with Dealer warranty (Grey market in all probability).

Don't wanna leave my parents running around the seller for claiming warranty if something happens to the TV.

This is IR and since you detected it late, it will take some days to go. Burn in is when you can see the IR even when another channel is on - when those phosphors are burnt in and do not change color.

Everytime before you shut off, switch to TV mode and keep the black and white blinking dots on for 2-3 minutes (for your case... otherwise 20-30 seconds is fine). Since you can still see the IR after scrollbars, it may take a few days for it to fully go. You can also use the burn in white scroller - note that it uses 100% bright scroller, so I am not sure how good it is to be used for long duration.

I would also suggest you to watch SD content full screen to avoid the side bars. That way, your channel/DTH logo that has caused IR will also be shifted towards the side and help you ease out of the IR already caused.

I have started watching SD content full screen. Also changing to TV mode for few minutes. The lines on the sides seems to be fading and can been seen only when watching dark scenes in HD. Hopefully things will get better.

Hi there, am planning to buy this TV for my MOM.
Could the owners suggest what's the best price offered for this TV with Warranty?
Also, should 1 yr warranty be preferred or 3 yrs if there's a cost difference?

And, would you guys recommend this Plasma TV over 40" LED by Samsung which is sold around 33-35K, with Dealer warranty (Grey market in all probability).

Don't wanna leave my parents running around the seller for claiming warranty if something happens to the TV.

I got this TV with 3years warranty and there was no option of 1 year warranty. Also consider how bright is the room before deciding on a plasma. Plasma screen is very reflective and thick curtains is a must if there are big windows facing the screen.

I got this TV with 3years warranty and there was no option of 1 year warranty. Also consider how bright is the room before deciding on a plasma. Plasma screen is very reflective and thick curtains is a must if there are big windows facing the screen.

R u happy with this TV specially for PQ concern.

Back