Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discussions

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

Thanks Manish, it would be great if you can share the usage details,settings frequncy of running the break in slides.

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

Thanks Manish, it would be great if you can share the usage details,settings frequncy of running the break in slides.

Usage almost 400 hrs

setting: cell light = 14, contrast = 80, brightness = 45, sharpness = 20, color = 45, gamma = +1

1 to 2 times I use break in slides in a days. Sometime I forget to run these slides.

Kindly help me in checking the panel usage hours of 43e490, I am taking delivery of the same today

here's how to check the hours used on this plasma.

While the TV is in standby mode:

Press the {INFO}, {MENU}, {MUTE} & {POWER} buttons.

The TV will turn on with the Service Menu displayed.

Using the {UP} or {Down} buttons, select "Control".
Then select "Sub Option".

"PANEL DISPLAY TIME" will be one of the items listed.

To exit, press the {POWER} button.

NOTE: After exiting, all picture settings will be reset to
default values. So make sure to write down custom
adjustments before accessing the Service Menu.

Thanks for the info got the TV and checked the usage was 0Hrs . Got it for 40K along with Blue Ray player as free offer

Usage almost 400 hrs

setting: cell light = 14, contrast = 80, brightness = 45, sharpness = 20, color = 45, gamma = +1

1 to 2 times I use break in slides in a days. Sometime I forget to run these slides.

Is the picture is bright enough ? I am finding the picture dull when the cell light is less than 18.

Last edited:

Is the picture is bright enough ? I am finding the picture dull when the cell light is less than 18.

In dull light, this is enough. for bright light go for cell light = 16 with dynamic mode.

A detailed review.... I think it will be of some help.

I am using this as my PC monitor, for watching movies and gaming. Since I have loads of Blue Ray Rip files.
The max resolution is 1024X768. Ok this resolution on a 43" TV is very annoying. It also automatically resets the aspect ratio to 16:9.(therefore it stretches a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution to 16:9 form, not good) for watching movie through PC you will suffer. Similarly all 16:9 aspect ratio movies needs to be re sized to 4:3 to occupy full screen. So the picture is a bit ...Well!!!(plz understand).

All though it supports HDTV DTH connections and plays them in proper aspect ratio very well and without any pain. Also if u play any 720p or 1080p movies via pen drives it works them out too.
Picture quality is superb... and color reproduction is awesome. It definitely is an excellent TV. No doubt about it. Since it is a Plasma TV go through some prerequisites guide before buying.

OK back to PCTV issue. If you have a Nvidia Graphic Card you can actually deal with this nicely...(Since I have never used ATI Radeon and currently using a Nvidia GT 440 DDr5)
Open Nvidia Control Panel by right clicking on the Desktop.) Then go to

Change Resolution and select (1600X900 16:9 1080p)
You will find the colors and text a bit faded off. Do not worry.
Open the TV menu by using your Remote and select picture tone/mode to movie.
And picture tone to Warm 1/ Warm 2 as you prefer.
Also reduce the sharpness to 20~25.

Though not every body wants to hook up a TV as a monitor but i like to be optimistic.

To end it... I would recommend this TV to any one buying a 42'' TV.
U will get:
+ 1 inch size.
+ 3d Movie Playback
+ 2 pairs of 3D Active Shutter Glasses..
+ Plasma TV are best for movies and sports...( lol that means all of it)
+ Also since its a HD ready TV normal SDTV signals do not distort like in 1080p TV.

Its a BANG for the BUCK!!!

it's been more than a month am still enjoying everyday without worrying about any burn-in issues. i didn't ran any slides till now. a very good plasma tv

Does anyone have a PS43E400 TV, Planning to buy one... need it mainly for my Gaming purpose... Use a PS3 with move... So please suggest.

Does anyone have a PS43E400 TV, Planning to buy one... need it mainly for my Gaming purpose... Use a PS3 with move... So please suggest.
There are conflicting opinions about plasma and gaming ...

Opinion 1
Plasma panel has near zero time lag, fast changing phosphor, high contrast, no motion judder, and other such features that makes it ideally suited for games.

Opinion 2
Games have quite a bit of static content display such as scoreboards, controls, dashboards, etc. that may result in image retention and burn-in, the typical plasma panel issues. Hence games and PC content are best avoided on plasma.

I fall in the second category.

This TV has a lower resolution. hence avoid this, unless you know what you are buying.

Hi All,

I am totally newbi to Plasma,LCD,LED TVs
Can some one please help me.should i buy "Samsung 43 Inch 3D PDP TV 43E490 (Black, 43) "or not.?
43" tv @ Rs 37823/- is tempting..
_http://www.infibeam.com/TVs/i-Samsung-43-Inch-3D-TV/P-E-HE-Samsung-43E490.html?id=Black-43

Please reply urgently. Im just seconds away to buy this one.

Got 43E490 for 42K from Croma. 2 3D glasses and BD Player. Ready to installed by tomorrow............ Manufactured January2013. :yahoo:
qeKkO2s.jpg
[/IMG]
WfFDSnL.jpg

Hi Ranjit, Congrats for your new purchase:clapping:

^ post some pics after installing :D

Any idea what the price might be without blue-ray player? And anyone knows for how much 51e450\470\490 goes for these day? (with and without bd player)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back