Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discussions

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

Thanks, rjames123. Your review and opinion should help many.

Re: Owners Thread of Samsung Plasma 43E490/470 - Reviews, Settings & Features Discuss

Yesterday connected WD MyPassport 1 TB hard disk and it played complete 3d Movie without disconnecting. Playing/Stoping/Detecting takes more time than a pen drive .
PS : I had very less files on that . Will update once i fill my HD.

Got to run Avatar 3d brrip on my Sammy 43E490...but unable to get 3d effect at all...while the original file is side by side 3d, but even after turning on the 3d, the frames are just giving overlapping effect.
However, other 3d clips are running fine.

Is it to do something with the 3d format or what, if so, which type of 3d runs well in Samsung 43E490?

Got to run Avatar 3d brrip on my Sammy 43E490...but unable to get 3d effect at all...while the original file is side by side 3d, but even after turning on the 3d, the frames are just giving overlapping effect.
However, other 3d clips are running fine.

Is it to do something with the 3d format or what, if so, which type of 3d runs well in Samsung 43E490?

So far i have seen 6 3D movies downloaded of size 1.5 to 1.8 gb , Everything seem to be fine and all were SBS.

So far i have seen 6 3D movies downloaded of size 1.5 to 1.8 gb , Everything seem to be fine and all were SBS.

I am having the downloaded file Avatar 3D BRRip Anaglyph 720p Dual Audio of size 2.50 gb also another movie Raaz 3 3d of just 700 Mb. But the same problem overlapping frames...
Any other 3d settings required or what?

Hello Guys,
I am looking to buy a flat tv this diwali and been a regular visitor to this forum for quite some time. Initially, I was interested in buying a 32 incher(32EH5000 was almost final), but many people suggested me to go for a bigger screen. This thread has really helped me to zero in on the 43E490.:)
But trouble started today when I visited a Samsung showroom and they showed me a 32EH6030, and that too as low as 36k. I was a bit skeptical and thought that there might be a problem with this particular set. After inquiring about this model from other dealers I got to know that everybody was quoting the same price, more or less.

I'm really in a dilemma now. Should I overlook the size and go for 32EH6030? It has 3d, fullHD, 200hz, and has great PQ compared to other models(plus a headphone jack:p). I am going to mostly watch SD channels(through a STB),play some games, and watch movies from USB. I'm really confused please help me ou!!!

3D, fhd, higher clear motion rate, etc. are useless in 32". Because lcd have lower response time, to process motion flow various companies have introduced features such as clear motion rate, motion flow, et al, to overcome the drawback. You should study these terms by searching them on the web. A higher size screen is preferable any day, especially for 3d.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

hi All -

Little offtopic but how do you guys find BD-E5500 picture quality and its upscaling ? Because online reviews are nothing great so I was thinking of liquidating it and using the money to part-finance stereo system I am looking to setup.

Sanket.

Hello Guys,
I am looking to buy a flat tv this diwali and been a regular visitor to this forum for quite some time. Initially, I was interested in buying a 32 incher(32EH5000 was almost final), but many people suggested me to go for a bigger screen. This thread has really helped me to zero in on the 43E490.:)
But trouble started today when I visited a Samsung showroom and they showed me a 32EH6030, and that too as low as 36k. I was a bit skeptical and thought that there might be a problem with this particular set. After inquiring about this model from other dealers I got to know that everybody was quoting the same price, more or less.

I'm really in a dilemma now. Should I overlook the size and go for 32EH6030? It has 3d, fullHD, 200hz, and has great PQ compared to other models(plus a headphone jack:p). I am going to mostly watch SD channels(through a STB),play some games, and watch movies from USB. I'm really confused please help me ou!!!

All the showrooms promote only LED Tvs and god knows why they do so .. When Samsung service guy came for installation, he said plasma's are selling high. May be they have less production and less margin ?

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable suggestions. Got my sammy today:yahoo:!!
Welcome me to the 43E490 club.:)

Congrats Aitken and welcome to the club ... Enjoy viewing

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable suggestions. Got my sammy today:yahoo:!!
Welcome me to the 43E490 club.:)

Congrats...
Warm welcome to the Samsung plasma 43E490 club...

Today i had a demo at reliance digital with other plasma models,i had a difficulty in reading ticker lines displayed in news channels, is it something to do with settings whereas panasonic model did not had a blurr image normally many news channels are in SD mode.

you are correct. Text seems to be one of its rare weaknesses. Text specially which is smaller (for example new channel tickers or movie end credits) seems to blur noticeably.

Still I am happy as it personally does not affect me :) i watch only movies and even when watching news channels, i hardly read the tickers. :)

Many owners of Sammy E490 or most of sammy models experienced sound less,for a viewing distance of say 8ft whether sound is audible,overall for a 43 size at price of 40k with 3d facility and glass if compared with lcd/led is good model,if at all sammy gives 2-3years warranty it will be a sweet deal.

Last edited:

Manually change the sound settings and increase db, you will get improved sound.

I am having the downloaded file Avatar 3D BRRip Anaglyph 720p Dual Audio of size 2.50 gb also another movie Raaz 3 3d of just 700 Mb. But the same problem overlapping frames...
Any other 3d settings required or what?

Hi Ritua, Try chaning the L->R or R->L settings, it should work.

Hi guys ,I want to connect speakers to Samsung 43e470 as sound is not unto mark as i read in different threads.
Is this correct?
If yes,How to connect speakers while watching movie from usb as i has only digital audio output??
I have computer speakers which has only headphone jack.Its model is creative 2.1 sbs 370. Is there a way for speakers to give digital audio output instead of 3.5mm jack????
Also i planned to connect these speakers to hd stb as it has headphone jack.

But problem starts when watching brrips using usb as i don't have any bd player.
Also i looked for ht with digital audio output but they are very costly..

Also Is this TV good for gaming. I rarely play games on Wii that is only 5-6 hrs per week.So Is this suitable for me or have to shift to LCD/Led models. I am asking because in many threads i saw users mentioning IR and burn-in problems and not to go for plasma for gaming. But other users said that even display piece of different showrooms didnt have IR problems although they keep maximum setting and don't take care of burn-in period.

Hi All,
I am planning to buy this plasma TV. I have following questions.

1. My viewing distance is 6ft to 7ft. Is 43" TV too big for this?
2. Does watching blueray movies have any problem , at 6ft distance?
i.e 1080p content on 720p screen at 6 ft distance. Hopefully 720p content at 6ft distance should be fine.
3. I am planning to hook my Onkyo HTS3300 to this TV. I do not have BlueRay player. So majority of my source will be BRRips through USB device.

Will i get raw digital audio out from TV(while playing USB BRRip) and connect to Onkyo to do proper decoding so that i get perfect audio output? (as played from BlueRay/DVD player connected to Onkyo)

Regarding cost...
Currently Bajaj electronics is quoting 42k with 2 free 3D glasses. Few people in this thread got free BlueRay player and that offer looked good.
So with out BlueRay player, i think around 38K should be perfect price.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back